FYI cheap authentics

threestars

I can see both sides of the coin here. I fall under the wanting the authentics, but not being able to afford them category.

My job pays in the low 40's. I support myself and my sister, who had surgery last year. With bills, rent, food, travel, most of my cash is gone. I only own 2 Devils jerseys at this time. My Rebok Edge Brodeur Replica that I splurged on for 150.00 at Modells and the free practice jersey the Devils gave out in May for donating blood. I bought an offical Mark Teixeira Road jersey from a guy off youtube for 50.00 so I could wear it when I saw the Yankees in Seattle. Unfortunately, I think it's a knockoff. Because of that, I'm more hesitatant to jump at another deal. I have seen tons of deals on the bay that I have not jumped at. I have wanted the christmas tree jersey for years, but I see quite a few that seem suspicious. I'm saving up so I can buy one when they go on sale though the Devils.

I guess my point is a lot of people just don't have the $$$ to buy authentics and have to make due with the replicas. I hate it. I'm a die hard and would much rather have the authentics, but I have to support myself and sister at the same time. I don't get to many games. I'm lucky if I can get to 2-3 a year, but I make do with that. Just like I make do with what I can afford.

I can see both sides of the coin here. I fall under the wanting the authentics, but not being able to afford them category.

My job pays in the low 40's. I support myself and my sister, who had surgery last year. With bills, rent, food, travel, most of my cash is gone. I only own 2 Devils jerseys at this time. My Rebok Edge Brodeur Replica that I splurged on for 150.00 at Modells and the free practice jersey the Devils gave out in May for donating blood. I bought an offical Mark Teixeira Road jersey from a guy off youtube for 50.00 so I could wear it when I saw the Yankees in Seattle. Unfortunately, I think it's a knockoff. Because of that, I'm more hesitatant to jump at another deal. I have seen tons of deals on the bay that I have not jumped at. I have wanted the christmas tree jersey for years, but I see quite a few that seem suspicious. I'm saving up so I can buy one when they go on sale though the Devils.

I guess my point is a lot of people just don't have the $$$ to buy authentics and have to make due with the replicas. I hate it. I'm a die hard and would much rather have the authentics, but I have to support myself and sister at the same time. I don't get to many games. I'm lucky if I can get to 2-3 a year, but I make do with that. Just like I make do with what I can afford.

There's a difference between replicas and knockoffs, though. There's absolutely nothing wrong with settling for replicas because they are officially-licensed legit stuff, they just aren't the same quality as the jerseys worn on the ice. Almost all of my jerseys are replicas because they aren't knockoffs and they are much cheaper than the authentics. I'm not sure why everyone is comparing the knockoffs to authentics and completely overlooking the replicas.

Oh, I'm not knocking the replicas, please don't misunderstand. But if you buy a replica football jersey as opposed to a replica hockey jersey, there is a diffrence in quality. The hockey have the names and numbers applicated by heat, but looks sewn on whereas the football are all screen printed, which I really don't care for. Baseball has stopped making screen printed replica jerseys and are sewing everything on and basketball has the swingman jerseys. I do like that the companies are taking steps to make the replicas looks as close to authentic as possble.

Edited by yankeesjetsfan

Oh, I'm not knocking the replicas, please don't misunderstand. But if you buy a replica football jersey as opposed to a replica hockey jersey, there is a diffrence in quality. The hockey have the names and numbers applicated by heat, but looks sewn on whereas the football are all screen printed, which I really don't care for. Baseball has stopped making screen printed replica jerseys and are sewing everything on and basketball has the swingman jerseys. I do like that the companies are taking steps to make the replicas looks as close to authentic as possble.

What I did for my girlfriend was I got her a blank replica and had ExclusivePro sew on the authentic letters and nameplate.. So now the jersey looks crisp and the numbers/lettering looks authentic.. That's a great option for saving money but having it look fantastic.. She still complains that I get authentics for myself and only replicas for her but that's a whole different topic :P

Okay I guess I misunderstood your post, I thought you were confusing the replicas with the knockoffs. Anyway, yea the replica hockey jerseys are better quality than the football replicas. Also with the replica hockey jerseys, you can do what Colin just said, buy them blank and send them to Exclusive Pro to get authentic customization. This is especially fantastic because because if the player gets traded you can send it back to them and have them strip it and redo it as another player. You can't do that with replica football jerseys.

I am watching a few of those jerseys :evil:

they're all buy it nows right? why not just pick it up?

Have to wait till payday. Plus, I'm not done with xmas shopping. I may pick one up after everything is done as xmas gift from me to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Buying knockoff jerseys is just plain asinine.

To say it's too expensive to buy the real thing is ignorant. There are plenty of deals on official licensed jerseys on eBay, retail store clearances, internet outlets and from your fellow fans here on this very site. All it takes is some time to look around, patience and not the instant gratification in buying a knockoff.

Speaking of instant gratification, what happened to wanting something and saving up for it? When i was a working high school/college kid or young adult, if i wanted something, i put aside $ towards whatever it is i wanted and got it when i could afford to. Whatever happened to earning something and sacrificing for it?

Listen, purchasing a jersey for $300, when it took Reebok only about $20 bucks to produce in China is simply insane. The profit margins are simply too much. No one has an issue spending between $125 to even $200 for a jersey in a store. But when you are talking about $300 for an official jersey, that's simply not a good deal. I would rather keep my money than give it to Reebok and the NHL....screw them. They don't help me when I need it...

Listen, purchasing a jersey for $300, when it took Reebok only about $20 bucks to produce in China is simply insane. The profit margins are simply too much. No one has an issue spending between $125 to even $200 for a jersey in a store. But when you are talking about $300 for an official jersey, that's simply not a good deal.

I'm really starting to believe that no matter how many times i say it (or someone else does), some do not grasp the concept of waiting for sales and looking around for online deals.

Speaking of profit margins, if you're that hung up over microeconomics, it seems you're not hung up on paying $125-200 in a store like Modells for a replica jersey which Modells pays $50 wholesale from RBK.

I would rather keep my money than give it to Reebok and the NHL....screw them. They don't help me when I need it...

What would you expect Reebok and the NHL to do for you? :noclue:

Here's what I want to see people wear at Devils games:

Any clothing other than opposing team jerseys / colors.

Don't really give a hell what people wear - brand, replica, authentic, etc...

WE JUST NEED PEOPLE IN THE SEATS

DEVILS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN HOCKEY AND NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE IN THE BUILDING EACH GAME

I THINK PEOPLE WOULD BE SURPRISED ABOUT JUST HOW MANY TICKETS ARE GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE BY THE DEVILS ORGAN-EYE-ZATION EACH GAME AND STILL THE BUILDING IS NOT FULL

WE NEED TO HELP GET MORE FANS THERE - INSTEAD OF TELLING CURRENT FANS WHAT THEY SHOULD BE WEARING -

Here's what I want to see people wear at Devils games:

Any clothing other than opposing team jerseys / colors.

Don't really give a hell what people wear - brand, replica, authentic, etc...

WE JUST NEED PEOPLE IN THE SEATS

DEVILS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN HOCKEY AND NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE IN THE BUILDING EACH GAME

I THINK PEOPLE WOULD BE SURPRISED ABOUT JUST HOW MANY TICKETS ARE GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE BY THE DEVILS ORGAN-EYE-ZATION EACH GAME AND STILL THE BUILDING IS NOT FULL

WE NEED TO HELP GET MORE FANS THERE - INSTEAD OF TELLING CURRENT FANS WHAT THEY SHOULD BE WEARING -

What does this have to do with the jersey thread here?

Don't we have enough threads whining about attendance?? Here is a recent one: Attendance Complaint Center

Edited by mac760

• 1 month later...

Interesting read. I'd like to see side by side photos of Authentic vs. knockoff and stuff that didn't pass quality control.

We're not talking about licensed jerseys with quality control issues such as a logo sewn on a bit too high or a mis-stitched hem. The difference between licensed jerseys and knockoffs go far beyond that.

Sorry, I was pretty sure there was one mention of "quality control" earlier in this thread.

I've never gotten a good look at an Authentic Edge jersey (I've seen the Premiers at Dick's) and would like to see differences between knockoffs and Authentics.

I read in another thread (buried deep) referencing the color of the neck insert. Both Home and away Edge jerseys are supposed to be black, while Premiers have red inserts?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.