Detroit Red Wings @ New Jersey Devils--7pm

Neutral Zone Trap

RWSmiley.png AT New_Jersey_Devils_logosmiley.png

The Prudential Center

Prudential_Center_ice.jpg

Preview

Season series -- The first and only meeting this season will offer the Devils a chance to notch their first victory over the Red Wings since the 2002-03 season. The Red Wings have won the last four meetings, including a 3-1 decision last season.

Big Story -- Fans may want to get to Prudential Center early as the Devils will honor the 1995 Stanley Cup team prior to the game. The list of players from the '95 team scheduled to attend (as provided by the Devils) are Bob Carpenter, Tom Chorske, Ken Daneyko, Bruce Driver, Jim Dowd, Chris McAlpine, Mike Peluso and Valeri Zelepukin. The 1994-95 Devils swept the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup Final to earn the organization's first championship.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice GDT there NZT! Ahhh all those great memories and video's of the Devils 1st ever SCC just brings back some good times for me. This was my favorite SCC for the Devils. The very 1st one and all the players that were on that 1995 team. Just an amazing team that was favored to LOSE the SCF in 5-games to the "Mighty Red Wings." The Devils stunned the NHL world by sweeping the Red Wings in 4-games. Nothing was better than that and sweeping a team that I have always hated for many many years.

Looking forward to tonights game as the Devils will be having the pre-game ceramonies outside at Devils Championship Plaza along with many of the Devils 1995 SCC alumni and then inside for a big game in which I hope the Devils kick the sh!t out of the Red Wings. Devils in a second game of back to back here and hope they will be ready for this game as Detroit is well rested. Devils special teams especially the PK has to play better against a team like Detroit. The PP was very good in last nights game and hope that carries over to tonights game. Devils getting healthier now with Oduya and Pandolfo getting back into the line up tonight. White is a game time decision with his "lower body" soreness he got from last nights game against Tampa Bay. Parise held scoreless in the last two games after he had a 10-game scoring streak looks to get back on the scoring sheet tonight and I believe he will.

Hopefully the Devils will carry over the emotion and energy from last nights 3rd period play,

Get the win Devils! Special night tonight for the 1995 SCC New Jersey Devils.

LETS GO DEVILS!!! :evil:

Two of my favorite goals in that SCF, Game 2 with Jimmy Dowd huge GWG goal with 1:24 to go in the 3rd with Detroit's defenseman Paul Coffey down on the ice and Stephane Richer goal. Devils win 4-2 go up 2-0 in the series.

1995 Stanley Cup Finals Game2 Jim Dowd/Stephane Richer Goals

Edited by SatansDevils

smilydev.gifLETS GO DEVILS!smilydev.gif

That video of Game 4 brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. Cups #2 and #3 were awesome, but the first was sooo frickin sweet ! Following the club from Denver I went through all the highs and lows of the team. Wish I could be there tonight. For those of you that go, enjoy the celebration of the '95 Devils. They were truly special!

Edited by corzman69

Im pretty sure today is Sports Christmas!

Rutgers vs West Virginia

Cincy vs Pitt

Texas vs Nebraska

Devils vs Detroit (3-1 devs is my prediction)

Ultimate Finale 10 (Go Roy "Big Country" Nelson!)

Florida vs. Alabama (Go Florida)

Not to mention the 95 Cup Tribute :D

Today is the day to bust out the ancient underrated Picture&Picture button on the remote!