GDT NJD (19-7-1) at BUF (16-8-2) 7:00 PM ET on Versus

funetiklee

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A rising star? Yes, Miller has been playing very well, but hasn't he proved himself already?

How has he proved himself anything other than a franchise goalie? I would suggest he has yet to prove he can win on the biggest stage. Games like tonight, later this year in the olympics, etc. Here's a good example - Cam Ward. He had to endure all of the comments about playing on the big stage, playing in front of his hero (Marty), etc, etc. He kept winning and now he has a (well had before this year) a good legacy. I would not put Miller in the same category as Ward (yet).

FIXED

And yer right, the goalie needs the team to make the shutout, BUT the goalie is where the puck stops and it is a GOALIE stat.

Of course a shut-out is a goalie stat. I wasn't implying it wasn't. The Jennings Trophy is the team award, but still it takes 23 players most nights.

How has he proved himself anything other than a franchise goalie? I would suggest he has yet to prove he can win on the biggest stage. Games like tonight, later this year in the olympics, etc. Here's a good example - Cam Ward. He had to endure all of the comments about playing on the big stage, playing in front of his hero (Marty), etc, etc. He kept winning and now he has a (well had before this year) a good legacy. I would not put Miller in the same category as Ward (yet).

In the big picture, yes, you're right. But it's not like he's coming out of nowhere either.

I don't know about that one. People could go to a few consecutive games knowing 552 would happen pretty quickly. It was a month between shutout 102 and 103. And it's a Wed game. You should be fine with the $10 line. 552 was also on St. Patrick's Day remember, and they had a rather popular promotion going that night for tickets.

So do the Devils tell Marty to not get 104 for a while so that they can keep selling tickets to people hoping to see it? :whistling:

I'll be at the game Wednesday and it'll be amazing if he does it... but it'll be embarrassing at the same time because I can imagine a crowd of 13k witnessing it.

Congrats to Marty on shutout 103 :cheers::dance::yay::yea:

I think while Marty is playing well, he gets the start Wednesday and Danis gets the start against the Panthers on the front end of a back to back weekend.

yup