Observations from the Carolina Game

Scoopscj

I got great seats for the Carolina game, 1st row at the Devils bench and I felt like a kid with ADHD. I could not focus on the game at first, I just kept watching the players at the bench, the coaches, some play etc. I noticed some things about the players tonight and I thought I'd share.

First, Langenbruner had a tough night. He was frustrated and the look on his face was dejection. I'm not sure what he was so frustrated about but he wasn't happy all night. Might have been that boarding he took. He came out in the third period and took a whiff of some smelling salts.

Zach had a lot of energy. He can't sit still on the bench. He constantly chews his mouth piece and he manages to stick his tongue out when he skates. I never noticed that on tv.

Rob Niedermayer has a lot of grey hairs in the back! He had a great game.

Rolston came off the ice in the third period after the Devils flurried and had great chances and he was angry. He entered the bench area and slammed his stick on the gate, breaking it and the blade of the stick went flying up over the Devils bench into this middle area between Carolina and Devils bench. That could have ended badly with a devil getting hurt but luckily it didn't.

Pando and Elias did a lot of talking on the bench. It seemed like they were talking about the game, but heck if I know.

Lemaire double shifted Pando and Neids on one particular PK. He wanted them back on the ice for the next shift so he just walked up behind them and placed his hand on both of their backs, and that was their signal to go in. No verbal comments at all. Pretty cool.

Salvador... is freekin huge. I didn't know he was that big.

Colin white got nicked up a bit on his hand, but played the rest of the game. He had some sort of cut on his arm/hands/wrist area.

That's about it.

Scoops

Edited by Scoopscj

Cool observations! Thanks for sharing.

It's always interesting to me when you kind of realize that they're just people doing their jobs too, and that they get frustrated and angry and annoyed and excited. It's not just hot streaks and cold streaks, it's got a lot to do with raw emotion.

I gotta say this was pretty cool. Regardless what anyone else says/criticisms you may receive for making this thread I liked it. It took me back to my playing days and the emotions that go along with it.

BTW I'm almost positive Langs was pissed about being on a checking line tonight..

What's funny about the ADHD comment is you are so right. I noticed during the anthem that the players don't stand still at all. The bench players especially were swaying back and forth. I stood still out of respect for the anthem but the players were just itching to get the game going.

You are so right about Mr. Parasie. He doesn't sit still. When he comes to the bench, he sits for maybe 30 seconds then is halfway sitting/standing ready to get back out there. He really goes 100 miles per hour and gives 100% all the time. He seriously needs to be a lifelong Devil.

Loved our guys. They have the drive, talent and coaching to bring the Cup back to Joy-See.

I think Langs was a little off tonight. The third period was a real nightmare for him. Lots of bad bounces and missed clears and shot opportunities. You just get one of those nights when that happens. You cant even tie your shoes right! I've also had the opportunity to sit in those seats. A friend of mine has them as season tix and I go to one game a year with him. It's a distraction but the free, all-you-can eat food is even more of a distraction. :lol:

That's awesome! I'd love to get seats like that some day. The closest I've ever been was at the practice before the season that season ticket holders were allowed to watch (my sister is a STH and I went with her). At first we were down at the glass with Shanahan and a couple other Devils standing literally right on the other side of the glass getting ready to do drills. It was so cool being that close. Unfortunately, after about five minutes, security guys said that everybody had to move back to at least the tenth row, which was lame.