The Official Rangers Suck Thread

Triumph

In a series like this, the more annoying aspect we're going to have to deal with is the everyday Joe Schmoe that used to watch the Messier/Gretzky Rangers and is joining in the discussion now for old-time fun's sake, spewing the same 4-5 Rangers talking points they got off The Post through the years (we're bankrupt, Parise's going to the Rangers on July 1, we're a trap team that killed the NHL, and Marty's fat and "banged his wife's sister").

Nailed it!

"@JessicaLynn312: @NewYorkPuck no need to stand out in front of MSG with those ugly jerseys and then taunt us on the train."

Of course there is! You do it to our fans on the train, even when we aren't playing you that night, we just happen to have games that got done at the same time and the trains come from Penn...

Another example of how the Rangers fans can dish it out, but can't take it when it's thrown back at them.

20347759.jpg

Edited by Legion15

From (ironically) an Islander fan on HF:

Outsiders perspective.

Devils win 3 Stanley cups while having some of the highest GF totals in the league.

"Hockey is being ruined by the trap. NJ's success comes with a giant *"

Devils abandon the trap post lockout

"Devils games are the equivalent of an afternoon nap"

Devils storm through the playoffs playing a forecheck intensive system

"The Devils have the most boring series in the playoffs"

Rangers win two rounds in 14 games using the brilliant 6 goaltender system, never scoring more than 3 goals, usually 1 or 2

"THRILLING, SCINTILLATING, EXCITING!!!! HOCKEY IS ALIVE IN NEW YORK BABY. THE WHOLE CITY IS ON THE EDGE OF THEIR SEAT WITH RANGER FEVER!!!!"

A perfect prism of why I can't stand the Rangers and most of the media lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Their consolation prize will be retiring Jeff Beukeboom's jersey next year.

Is it Beukeboom next year? I heard it was gonna be Steve Larmer. EDIT: haha, I didn't realize that was from last year. Anyway, I believe Doug Lidster's jersey will be going to the rafters next. Edited by MadDog2020

Is it Beukeboom next year? I heard it was gonna be Steve Larmer. EDIT: haha, I didn't realize that was from last year. Anyway, I believe Doug Lidster's jersey will be going to the rafters next.

How can you say such a thing??? Does Glenn Healy's mastery of opening and closing the door on the bench mean NOTHING to you??  :giggle:

#30 Healy goes next! Lundqvist can switch his number in another monumental 2 hour long pregame ceremony..

• 1 year later...