Affair Has Flyers Locker Room Split?

stevestevens

http://thephillyfour.com/2009/12/affair-has-flyers-locker-room-split/?773b4a10

According to the source Jeff Carter had an affair with Scott Hartnell’s wife and the entire locker room is split over the situation.

Could it be true? I am unsure how definitive the source is, but numerous people have reported this according to this article. Who knows? Maybe this is surrounding the trade buzz about Hartnell.

Edited by SteveStevens

http://thephillyfour.com/2009/12/affair-has-flyers-locker-room-split/?773b4a10

Could it be true? I am unsure how definitive the source is, but numerous people have reported this according to this article. Who knows? Maybe this is surrounding the trade buzz about Hartnell.

I was just about to post that, you beat me to it. No idea on the validity of the source, but it's blowing up on Twitter right now. Seems Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)-ish to me.

A fellow NYR blogger I know did Are Flyers Struggling Cause Of Affair?on this and it's now spread to Puck Daddy. Personally, I don't feel the player(s) should ever be mentioned by name.

Players need to be accountable for their actions even if they're scumbags. If you can't talk about players and affairs then you can't talk about when they visit hospitals to brighten kids days, it is all or nothing.

it's been long rumored that kirk mclean and jeff brown had something like this go down as canucks - substantiated by the fact that brown was traded from carolina the day before mclean was traded to carolina.

the salary cap and no trade clauses really hamstrings teams when it comes to this sort of thing.

Players need to be accountable for their actions even if they're scumbags. If you can't talk about players and affairs then you can't talk about when they visit hospitals to brighten kids days, it is all or nothing.

What if it was you or me? These guys live in a different world and the media sometimes goes overboard, crossing the line. That's what happens when you have sleazy shows like TMZ and the Post and News looking to sell papers.

Lucifer's Dog hasn't touched on this topic yet??? REALLY???

Seriously though, that would really explain a lot. You add this to the whole Richards-Pronger thing, no wonder it's a train wreck over there.

Richards-Pronger thing? Do tell.

This reminds me of the Flyers blasting out Enya in the locker room before games.

Richards-Pronger thing? Do tell.

This reminds me of the Flyers blasting out Enya in the locker room before games.

It wasn't anything like this thing, but supposedly there is a power struggle since Richards is the captain but Pronger is looked to as the leader by some of the guys. There were stories about Richards and the younger guys partying it up in a certain area of the city and they got a nickname for it. I forgot where I read it, but basically Pronger didn't approve. I'll try to find the article.

the Lindros/Brind'amour (guest appearence by Tochett) one is supposedly at least partially true. the problem with the story is that Lindros is pretty much universally despised so I don't know how much of it is people *wanting* to be true. but Lindros was involved in some weird sh!t.

the Lindros/Brind'amour (guest appearence by Tochett) one is supposedly at least partially true. the problem with the story is that Lindros is pretty much universally despised so I don't know how much of it is people *wanting* to be true. but Lindros was involved in some weird sh!t.

Plus added to that story was Brind'amour was traded that year.