Baumann was right in front of me today

msweet

Baumann! YESSSSS. I've really missed him. He hasn't been at the few games we've gone to. My husband asked about him... I told him the team was paying some dancing fat dude with tshirts or something now.... Is he off the payroll yet? I don't like him. He's not a sincere Devils fan and thus I feel really bad karma in the stands.

Give me a B!

(yes :saddevil: I just started a Baumann cheer in print... something is up with me today. Must be the holidays in the air or something.)

i do it when they deserve it, but at a game like last night i'm not going to chant, they don't deserve it. i need to see that they are trying for me to care.

That's a lame reason. A big reason to make noise is to make noise for them to feed off of, not to show your gratitude for the way they're playing. It's "Let's go Devils" not "Good job Devils."

There's something weird about seeing the Devils' most notoriously boisterous fan sitting downstairs.

I should know this but what's the appeal? Is he just one guy the crowd relies on to start the chants? Does the D...E...V..etc chant ever happen without him?

I could be mistaken, but it seemed like he was the only one who started the chant back at the Swamp until the last year there, when the team tried to get the cheerlearers to start it. Nowadays it seems like something that's been taken up by the "Crazies."

Baumann is still around? I haven't seen him since the Meadowlands. When i've gone to games lately it's been Devil Guy doing the cheerleading. the guy who shaves his head and paints his whole head red with horns and a cape. (i think i saw him propose to his wife at a game) But yeah, i have missed baumann's drunken chants lol