Canada vs Sweden U20

SterioDesign

Alright haha i've been lurking on this forum everyday for a long time without saying a word haha i guess it's time to step in :P

pretty excited for tonights game with Cormier/Henrique going against Tedenby/Josefson

i'm from Moncton, New-Brunswick and a Devils fan since im 8 years old... (now 25) so its kinda cool to see homeboy Cormier wearing the C for my country and that he's going to be a part of the Devils eventually

Canada, 6-2 final.

Tedenby really crashing the net, got a penalty for it, on a line with Josefson. The announcers are saying how much fun he'll be as a Devil.

I got real excited about Tedenby after reading about his 4? goal game in a scrimmage during training camp. Every report I have read about him said nothing but good things...

I got real excited about Tedenby after reading about his 4? goal game in a scrimmage during training camp. Every report I have read about him said nothing but good things...

Except he needs to learn to keep his head up.

He could have got run in the training camp but one of the heavy hitters let him off and didnt take the body.

Its also happend a few times in the SEL, he makes the zone with his head down and then looks up.

Luckily he pretty much bounces off everything and is a tough guy , but players of that stature wont last long in the NHL if the get hit clean in open ice.

I hope somebody kills Cormier. Delivering an elbow to the head like that when they're off for a change, neither played is close to the puck...that stuff is for cheapshot artists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hzeOhL8_9g&feature=player_embedded

Well I think it was definitely a dirty play and one I don't like to see happen. That being said I thought it was going to look a lot worse from just reading about it and then I saw the Youtube clip and it looks like a not unusual dirty play. I thought I was going to see Cormier smashing his elbow full force into an unsuspecting player, like Domi on Nieds, instead it looks to me like Cormier thought the guy was going to turn into bump him so he got set to receive the shot, the guy tries to duck around Cormier and he throws his elbow out in a bit of a reflex. Definitely a dirty play, I don't like it, but not the vicious play I've read from some places.

I hope somebody kills Cormier. Delivering an elbow to the head like that when they're off for a change, neither played is close to the puck...that stuff is for cheapshot artists.

Well... since he is a really good Devils prospect... I might not want to see him get killed.

But I can guarantee that once he slips on a Devils sweater, this will never happen again.

Well... since he is a really good Devils prospect... I might not want to see him get killed.

But I can guarantee that once he slips on a Devils sweater, this will never happen again.

Thanks Jaques. :evil:

I'll give that it looked a lot worse when I saw it on TSN this morning, but still pretty bad.

Thanks Jaques. :evil:

I'll give that it looked a lot worse when I saw it on TSN this morning, but still pretty bad.

It's definitely not something anyone would want associated with the Devils organization.

Edit: Anyone hear anything about him being suspended?

Edited by Devs4LIFE

Well I think it was definitely a dirty play and one I don't like to see happen. That being said I thought it was going to look a lot worse from just reading about it and then I saw the Youtube clip and it looks like a not unusual dirty play. I thought I was going to see Cormier smashing his elbow full force into an unsuspecting player, like Domi on Nieds, instead it looks to me like Cormier thought the guy was going to turn into bump him so he got set to receive the shot, the guy tries to duck around Cormier and he throws his elbow out in a bit of a reflex. Definitely a dirty play, I don't like it, but not the vicious play I've read from some places.

im not going to comment more than that im not so sure that i want players that throws elbows out of reflex on the team

Possible Lines for next year

Parise Zajac Langenbrunner

Elias Zubrus Rolston

Pandolfo Cormier Clarkson

Tedenby Josefson Bergfors

Extras: Henrique, Leblond, Halischuk

i dont see josefsson or tedenby being with the big team next season. my guess would be that tedenby goes to lowell and josefsson stays one more season in djurgarden. nor do i see any point in having henrique or halichuk being extra forwards.

im not going to comment more than that im not so sure that i want players that throws elbows out of reflex on the team

Then you wouldn't want Ovechkin who threw his knee out of reflex a week or two ago either? Why stop there, anyone who took a slashing penalty should be off the teams as well since those can break bones. Also fights can lead to concussions so we should kick anyone out who has any of those.

Then you wouldn't want Ovechkin who threw his knee out of reflex a week or two ago either? Why stop there, anyone who took a slashing penalty should be off the teams as well since those can break bones. Also fights can lead to concussions so we should kick anyone out who has any of those.

Cormier is supposed to be a solid player. I am not going to want him gone because of one bonehead play.....

Cormier is supposed to be a solid player. I am not going to want him gone because of one bonehead play.....

And I think that's sorta what I'm saying too. I mean the guy made a bad, dirty play that he'll probably see a game suspension for and there are people out there hoping he gets kicked out of the whole tourney, stripped of his captaincy, never makes the NHL, it's way out of proportion with what he did.

And I think that's sorta what I'm saying too. I mean the guy made a bad, dirty play that he'll probably see a game suspension for and there are people out there hoping he gets kicked out of the whole tourney, stripped of his captaincy, never makes the NHL, it's way out of proportion with what he did.

Yea it is overblown. It is wayyy different than Domi on Nieds or what McSorley did....he will be justly reprimanded and then put it behind him. Hopefully he goes on to have a productive, lengthy career with the NEW JERSEY DEVILS.