So far, the NJ Devils Most Valuable Player is....

Scoopscj

It's Holiday break time and I am gong though some Devils blues as there is no hockey until Saturday. I'm watching some of the older vids I have and I just completed watching the Arnott game winning SC Game 6 goal and post game. They gave the MVP to Stevens and I started thinking about that playoff run and how there was no standout goal scorer, and it was such a team effort. It sort of reminds me a bit of our team this year. Is there an MVP for our club?

I was thinking maybe our coach? Hum, that doesn't really fit as MVP implies player so maybe Marty? Zach has been great, no doubt. Elias has come on so strong since his return. Greene has been nothing short of amazing. Rolston is having a bounce back year. If I had to choose right now, I'd go with Parasie but I think it's debatable. I chose Parasie because of his worth ethic, hustle, points, assists, leadership and scoring chances.

Who do you think is most valuable to our team right now and why?

There's early talk of Parise to win the Hart Trophy. Some are starting to recognize him as the best all-around (2-way) forward in all of hockey.

I sometimes lurk on other team's boards to see the culture of their team and fan base. I enjoy how others view our team in general and I tend not to post because I don't want to be that 'troll' poster. I have no desire to incite other fans but the point I'm trying to make is that Parasie is very well liked among other team's fans. You constantly hear how fans say "He's my favorite non(insert their fav team here) player. Or quotes like, "wow, Parasie never stops." or "Another great play by Parasie, I wish we had him." etc. It's very apparent the respect he gains from other teams' fans. This equates to nothing more than to solidify our belief that Zach is an amazing talent and a top 5 forward in the league right now.

If I had to pick the top talents in the NHL at the forward position I'd pick Ovie, Crosby, Malkin, and then Zach as the top 4 in that order. It's debatable of course but he plays so well both ways he deserves to be in the top 5. I hope the Devils wake the heck up and resign this kid long term. Nobody works harder on the Devils. He is the face of this franchise right behind Marty. When Marty goes, this kid, if he stays, will be our focal point.

Scoops

There's early talk of Parise to win the Hart Trophy. Some are starting to recognize him as the best all-around (2-way) forward in all of hockey.

I think that talk has faded with his goalless streak. He's having a great season but at this snapshot in time he wouldn't be in the MVP talk because his numbers are too down the list, IMO.

I do think MVP for the team so far would be a mix of Parise, Marty, and Greene.

I think that talk has faded with his goalless streak. He's having a great season but at this snapshot in time he wouldn't be in the MVP talk because his numbers are too down the list, IMO.

Anyone think with a strong second half showing Marty can get the Hart?

I actually heard Bryan Muir and Bill Clement say it yesterday on the NHL Network.. I think the show was called NHL Power Play or something. Not sure who the other guy is on the show. All 3 pretty much agreed if its not Ryan Miller the MVP is Parise.

I dunno, if I had to guess at a goalie getting Hart at the end of the year I'd guess at Miller or Bryzgalov before Marty probably.

Those guys on NHL Network were also saying Miller could win the Hart and Marty could win the Vezina which would be pretty weird.

I sometimes lurk on other team's boards to see the culture of their team and fan base. I enjoy how others view our team in general and I tend not to post because I don't want to be that 'troll' poster. I have no desire to incite other fans but the point I'm trying to make is that Parasie is very well liked among other team's fans. You constantly hear how fans say "He's my favorite non(insert their fav team here) player. Or quotes like, "wow, Parasie never stops." or "Another great play by Parasie, I wish we had him." etc. It's very apparent the respect he gains from other teams' fans. This equates to nothing more than to solidify our belief that Zach is an amazing talent and a top 5 forward in the league right now.

If I had to pick the top talents in the NHL at the forward position I'd pick Ovie, Crosby, Malkin, and then Zach as the top 4 in that order. It's debatable of course but he plays so well both ways he deserves to be in the top 5. I hope the Devils wake the heck up and resign this kid long term. Nobody works harder on the Devils. He is the face of this franchise right behind Marty. When Marty goes, this kid, if he stays, will be our focal point.

Scoops

Can you please spell his name right.

I'd give it to Greene or Marty. Zach's been great, but you could make a pretty strong case that Elias has been the best forward on the team since coming back from the injury, and that's with weaker linemates than Zach. Greene's carried the blueline on his back with the injuries, and Marty's consistency is a major reason the team's been able to build confidence despite the injuries. I do think Zach's gonna be a Hart candidate for years, and I wouldn't be shocked if he plays his way into the discussion, but right now, Greene and Marty have been a little stronger IMO.

You spelled his name wrong 5 times. The same way. You're an idiot.

I concur. It is one thing to be a bad speller and spell words wrong...but to spell a PLAYER'S NAME wrong is ridiculous. Especially when it is one of the best players on the team, Zach PARISE! I would cut you more slack if we were talking about Evgeny Artyukhin of Anaheim, but come on. PARISE is very easy to spell, and he is a player on the team you are supposed to be a fan of...

Zach's been the Devils, and the league MVP for two years running. If he ever went down (knock on wood) an excellent team becomes slightly above average.

Second is a tie between Andy Greene and Patty. Andy for stepping up like no Devil ever has, and Patty for all that he is.