Quots from Penguins GDT @ HFboards, Humor and Respect

Scoopscj

After I got back from the game at the Rock last night I had a little time before I could catch the replay on MSG+ so I took a peek at what the Penguins fans were saying about our team and how we sort of have their number. Most of the comments were pretty decent, respectful even, some humorous and some downright stupid. Here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy

Aaaaw, I can't wait for the Devils to have a normal goalie.

It's already difficult to play against them with one.

Fkn brodeur.. retire already..

Man, I hate playing the Devils. I'm not going to make any excuses about "boring hockey", they are just an effing good hockey team.

I think Marty could blindfold himself and turn around in the net and the Pens still couldn't get one by him.

Brodeur is unbeatable tonight I fear.

Sid.... you gotta realize that there's only about 3 scoring chances in every Devils game.. you can't botch it like that.

Why can we not score on this damn team? I know NJ is good defensively, but come on ...

19-0-0 when leading after 2 periods, the Devils?

****ing marty...

**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference.

Such a clean game played by the Devils. They are doing everything asked of them by their coach.

I want to strangle a kitten. Thanks for shooting it into a devil's crest, Gonch.

I ****ing hate the Devils

I actually like every one of those quotes and don't think any are stupid.

most are saying that Brodeur is ridiculous. Others just say they fvcking hate the Devils.

I certainly don't expect opposing teams fans (especially fans from teams within our division) to have particularly nice things to say about our team.

:haha2:

To add to the comedy factor, I went through the Rangers' forum last night and got some great nuggets as well. Keep in mind these forum replies are in chronological order throughout the duration of the Flyers 6-0 pummeling of the Rags last evening. Enjoy.

---------

I hope Tortorella gave this team a stack of self-help books for Christmas

This team is lifeless

You better start praying. I'll lit some incense. Magnolia.

2-0. Game over.

Time to reach for the power off button. These guys suck tonight.

everyone at MSG, just leave now.

Just leave.

Our only hope is Gaborik tearing apart this scrub goalie...but we're going to have to stop them from scoring at will first.

good night..

Pull. Henrik. Now.

Torts just blew a gasket.

The Rangers look like Latvia's Junior team.

At least we have the heavily censored Torts press conference to look forward to.

true...our d has been standing around and doing jack as usual but hank has been awful as usual....which is fine because normally he's outstanding but at least 2 of those 3 hank should have stopped if he is to be considered elite. i know its hard for a lot of you to swallow but hank just hasn't been as good as he should be and it becomes all the more obvious when the rest of the team sucks as bad as they do every other game

Jesus christ...

That .922 SV% that he came into the game sure is awful. Are some of you honestly like 5 years old or something. Hfboards should really start administering an IQ test before you can join the site

This team isn't good. Look at the forwards for this game. Tells you everything.

Most intensity we get comes in the post game press conferences. Knew this team was gonna start tuning out Torts eventually, but not this soon.

this team is SO flawed in so many position... its scary.

Jesus, guys, chill the hell out. Just because the team blows doesn't mean the forum rules no longer apply, okay? Knock off the flaming.

That period blew my mind. It's not even a lack of skill tonight, its simple effort.

Tell me about it. Flipping to the Devils / Penguins in HD in between commercials and going back to the Rangers / Flyers is just painful. I don't know how the NYR don't get precedence over the Devils on MSG+.

Fisrt shot on Johnson goes in, 4-0

Absolutely awful decision by Tortorella. Sure, let's take a promising young goalie and stick him in a game where we're getting shelled. That's going to be fantastic for his development.

These guys have flat out quit. What a shame. Sather has to go.

Well I'm not too sure what this team can do now. Basically just get embarassed the rest of the game and maybe Sather will be canned (hopefully) or players will be moved. This team is horrible even if they are healthy, I mean look at this 'effort'.

LOL This team is so sad

This team has officially reached a comical level of awfulness.

What a disgrace. Where are the fire sather chants ?

Here's hoping we lose 10-0.

Being outshot 26-9. Weaksauce.

I don't know if I'm watching some sort of comedy show or if this is really a hockey game.

honestly these kind of games are probably the best thing for us in the long run. they have to help keep the organization from making stupid deals like the one for Antropov last year. if we lose 5 zip it's gotta be hard for the brass to actually think we are only a piece or two away.

To think I was a click away from spending $200 to go to this game

Woo Hoo lottery bound.

I'm close to giving up on this season

Every time we give up a breakaway after a Kotalik turnover at the blueline take a swig of beer. Every time Higgins misses wide from the circle in take another shot. Post your BAC...

Time to take a massive dump post Indian food. Disgusting this team is, especially Sather. I noticed a fire Sather chant that quickly dwindled down. Must be Dolan's peons threatening people. ALL HAIL SATHER! I just wish I could shove a cigar into sather's ear.

Lol at the stanley cup contender thread. If this team can only play well after veteran benchings, a screaming coach, and rumors of a GM firing....and a week later immediately return to their horrendous brand of hockey, obviously the message is effective....

I actually like every one of those quotes and don't think any are stupid.

most are saying that Brodeur is ridiculous. Others just say they fvcking hate the Devils.

I certainly don't expect opposing teams fans (especially fans from teams within our division) to have particularly nice things to say about our team.

These guys were actually pretty fair and reasonable. A far cry from the trainwreck that was letsgopens.com. I get the feeling most of that crowd didn't become Penguin fans until Cindy came aboard.

Look at this gem:

i hate brodeurs style and his butterfly its like the net is open but some how he still make the saves between roy and broduer its roy all the way ........ watch game 4 colorado vs panthers game 4 when roy wins in overtime to win cup 1-0 amazing...

Look at this gem:

i hate brodeurs style and his butterfly its like the net is open but some how he still make the saves between roy and broduer its roy all the way ........ watch game 4 colorado vs panthers game 4 when roy wins in overtime to win cup 1-0 amazing...

This is sig worthy. Somebody should really use this.