Devils Meet and Greet

msweet

Some anecdotes from the meet and greet:

All of the players were very friendly and stayed for most of the time. NO AUTOGRAPHS allowed with handlers there to stop it.

I had a very nice conversation with Tommy Albelin... he bought a camera from me about 2 years ago so we spoke about the camera business... he will be an assistant coach for Sweden (defense)

I asked Bergfors if he like playing with Nieds and Pando and he looked very pained and said it was "OK". I asked him if he thought it was Lemaire trying to teach him to play some "D" and he said, "I don't know..maybe." I asked if he preferred to play with Parise and Zajac and he smiled and said, "That would be nice."

Larry Robinson was overly nice and insisted on clearing the way so I'd get an excellent picture. He seems like a very descent man. And he seemed to be the tallest in the room.

Jacques Lemaire looked thrilled to be "famous" and part of the festivities. I told him I thought he was a "genius" to which he responded coolly, "I have great players"

I told Danis that I asked Lemaire to play him on Friday and he responded, "Thanks, I appreciate that."

I wished Rolston a great season and he looked me in the eye, shook my hand and said, "Thanks, and thanks for the support. We appreciate it."

There is a humility to Rolston that I really like to see in a Pro athlete. It comes out in his interviews too.

I told Elias he was the greatest, and he also responded warmly, "Thank You."

Langenbrunner looks a bit scary in person... there's a wild look in his eye. PL^3 looks like he was ready to start a fight in the Fire Lounge at any moment. You could feel his toughness.

Paul Martin and Mark Fraser both like they are 16 years old.

Zack Parise and Brodeur has the longest lines with Brodeur the only player not getting to everyone.

Elias stayed until the last person got a picture.

Lou popped his head in and left exactly at 7:00pm on the dot.

All in all this was a most impressive event.

Meet and Greet Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/msweetwood/DevilsMeetAndGreet010610?feat=directlink

Lowell vs Hartford Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/msweetwood/LowellVsHartford01062010?feat=directlink

Soft cast on Clarkson and cast on Martin's arm in the pics!

Some samples

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG

very nice shots there.

pikareinnen seemed like a lonely guy.

LMAO... no one was lonely there... but let's say some players had longer lines than others

My best pics are of my daughter and the players but they are not for the Internet

It was a fun time at the meet and greet. It was a good time with the players, talked to them all and they all were in a good mood with all the fans. Brodeur, Parise and Elias all had long lines and was well worth the wait. Clarkson was really cool along with Greene, Langenbrunner, Zajac, Parise, Stevens, Pandolfo, Pelley, Rolston, Martin, Bergfors and White. I did happen to ask some of the players for signatures and they were easy and willing to sign if you had a sharpie, so I had one and some of the players did sign for me on my jersey. Greene, Pelley, Langenbrunner, Pandolfo, Rolston, White, Brodeur, Albelin and Stevens I talked the longest too and they even talked to some of us after the signing out on the concourse. It was just a great meet and greet night. Also the GWG by Nick Palmeri with a minute to go in the 3rd was the icing on the cake for the Lowell Devils 3-2 win over the Wolfpack and Valliquette.

Those are some awesome pictures msweet. It really looks like it was a great time.

Did anyone notice the Ranger fan in one of the pics? At a Devils meet and greet you're gonna wear that sh*t fvcking jersey? Unbelievable. I was just talking yesterday about how you'll spot at least one of them at every Devils home game but this is nuts.

Poor Marty, those braces sure do stand out lol.

Stevens photo first :wub: thanks msweet. No Stevens stories?

He doesn't speak. You know that PK. He just says Grrrhello, and grunts a lot.

Maybe I had bad luck with Signatures but I tried to get Any Greene to sign my daughter's jersey and he was going to with my Sharpie, but security stopped him.

Did anyone notice the Ranger fan in one of the pics? At a Devils meet and greet you're gonna wear that sh*t fvcking jersey? Unbelievable. I was just talking yesterday about how you'll spot at least one of them at every Devils home game but this is nuts.

There were about 3 idiots there tonight in Ranger's jerseys. We know they have no shame. They looked really dumb. Would have been funny if PL^3 ripped it off the jerk.

He doesn't speak. You know that PK. He just says Grrrhello, and grunts a lot.

Maybe I had bad luck with Signatures but I tried to get Any Greene to sign my daughter's jersey and he was going to with my Sharpie, but security stopped him.

There were about 3 idiots there tonight in Ranger's jerseys. We know they have no shame. They looked really dumb. Would have been funny if PL^3 ripped it off the jerk.

Imo its completely disrespectful. I mean if the Rangers are your team and you like hockey in general its one thing. But to wear a Ranger jersey to an event for people who spend thousands of dollars on the team is just pure cowboy bullsh*t. The fact that they were invited as guests makes it even worse. Who needs to see that garbage? Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't really care for sh*t like this.

edit: well Lowell did play Hartford so I'll give em the benefit of the doubt unless you mean those 3 guys were in the lounges.

Edited by SickMan

It was pretty fun!

Andy Greene talked to us about the USA Juniors game for a few minutes.

Mike Mottau was really nice. He even remembered that he signed "APPLESAUCE" on my poster during the Skate Night. Good times. We had a good laugh with him.

Clarkie and I had a lovely conversation about his Cam Walker and how horrible they are to walk in (me: "They are a total bitch to walk in" Clarkie: "Seriously, I'm wearing out one shoe at a time!").

I asked Rod Pelley about his fake front teeth which he laughed at and almost took them out for me. He also like moved his lip and was like "They look just like my other teeth right?! They did a pretty good job." :lol:

Pikkarainen talked to us about his goal.

Stevens just really quietly said hello and that was it.

I got all the way to Zach and they took him out of the Ice Lounge. :( He was barely there for 10 minutes.

Dean McAmmond was really really nice and said he was so excited to be meeting fans.

Skipped out on Elias because in all honesty, every time I've met him he's kinda been a douche.

I think a lot of the team didn't make it to the Ice Lounge, or at least what I could see unless some of them were pushed in the way back corners.

The game was pretty awesome. It was nice to see some of the younger kids play. Louis Robitaille, he's my new favorite. He mimicked a chicken while he was in the box when he was mouthing off. It was freaking hysterical. The mini brawl/pile at the end of the game when Frazee jumped in was pretty awesome as well. He looked angry.

All in all, even if there is no signing or whatever next time when they come back, we're gonna go. It was a nice experience.

It was pretty fun!

Andy Greene talked to us about the USA Juniors game for a few minutes.

Mike Mottau was really nice. He even remembered that he signed "APPLESAUCE" on my poster during the Skate Night. Good times. We had a good laugh with him.

Clarkie and I had a lovely conversation about his Cam Walker and how horrible they are to walk in (me: "They are a total bitch to walk in" Clarkie: "Seriously, I'm wearing out one shoe at a time!").

I asked Rod Pelley about his fake front teeth which he laughed at and almost took them out for me. He also like moved his lip and was like "They look just like my other teeth right?! They did a pretty good job." :lol:

Pikkarainen talked to us about his goal.

Stevens just really quietly said hello and that was it.

I got all the way to Zach and they took him out of the Ice Lounge. :( He was barely there for 10 minutes.

Dean McAmmond was really really nice and said he was so excited to be meeting fans.

Skipped out on Elias because in all honesty, every time I've met him he's kinda been a douche.

I think a lot of the team didn't make it to the Ice Lounge, or at least what I could see unless some of them were pushed in the way back corners.

The game was pretty awesome. It was nice to see some of the younger kids play. Louis Robitaille, he's my new favorite. He mimicked a chicken while he was in the box when he was mouthing off. It was freaking hysterical. The mini brawl/pile at the end of the game when Frazee jumped in was pretty awesome as well. He looked angry.

All in all, even if there is no signing or whatever next time when they come back, we're gonna go. It was a nice experience.

I think everyone showed up in the ice lounge. Who didn't you see? I might be able to tell you where they were (saw but did not talk to everyone). Also, Parise showed up about ten minutes late but stayed in the Ice Lounge longer than anyone else in the first group. He was there for about a half hour.

I think everyone showed up in the ice lounge. Who didn't you see? I might be able to tell you where they were (saw but did not talk to everyone). Also, Parise showed up about ten minutes late but stayed in the Ice Lounge longer than anyone else in the first group. He was there for about a half hour.

You know what? You're right. We walked around in the beginning a few times and didn't see him so I think we assumed he was in the Fire Lounge.

Oh that explains it. I didn't see him at all until the second group rolled in. I didn't see Danis anywhere? I saw some others just walking through the crowd like PL^3 and Zubie.

Oh that explains it. I didn't see him at all until the second group rolled in. I didn't see Danis anywhere? I saw some others just walking through the crowd like PL^3 and Zubie.

Danis was by the concession stand (where Fraser and Bergfors stood with group 1) with the 2nd group and was probably obscured by Marty's line. He definitely didn't stay until the end though. Zubrus was there too actually until Zach left and then he took the spot by the door. PL3 was with the first group in the spot that Oduya eventually took.

I loved it, I had a great time at the event. Myself or my family got our picture with Brodeur, Elias, Parise, Clarkson, Zajac, Greene, Oduya, White, Pikkarainen, Zubrus, Martin, Rolston, Lemaire, Lamoriello, Peters, and Danis. I think that's everyone.

Told Marty that I was there in Pittsburgh to see his big game, he was happy to hear that. Had some longer conversations with Peters and Danis. Asked Danis how it is to sit in arenas where there isn't room on the bench for goalies, like in Pittsburgh, Tampa and Montreal. We were talking about how weird it is, since the idea of a backup has been around for a while. A lot of people were giving Peters crap for the fight strap thing, but he seemed like a decent enough guy to be around at least. I mentioned that I go to school in Syracuse and, since he had played in Buffalo and in the AHL, he knew the city. He said he hated the arena, but we talked about one of the restaurants in town (Dinosaur BBQ), and how it's in a bunch of locations and how much we both love it.

The event was truly awesome and it was so great to be a part of. I hope the Devils realize how great it was. I wouldn't even have minded if they didn't have free food/drinks, it was all about the players. It was also nice to have them in jerseys. Sometimes at signings they're not in jerseys and it's kind of annoying.

I definitely saw njdevil26 and cupcake23 a bunch of times around the Ice Lounge.

Edited by DevilNurn