NHL on NBC schedule

Neutral Zone Trap

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28281608/ns/sports-nhl/

The bolded ones are the games I think will be aired.

Sunday, Jan. 17

Chicago at Detroit, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Jan. 24

Pittsburgh at Philadelphia or Boston at Carolina, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Jan. 31

Detroit at Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay at Washington, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Feb. 7

Pittsburgh at Washington or Boston at Montreal, 12 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 7

Boston at Pittsburgh (1), Detroit at Chicago (2)or Carolina at Atlanta, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 14

Philadelphia at NY Rangers, Pittsburgh at Tampa Bay, Washington at Chicago

or Colorado at Dallas, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 21

NY Rangers at Boston or Buffalo at Carolina, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, April 4

Detroit at Philadelphia, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, April 11

Boston at Washington, NY Rangers at Philadelphia (1)or Detroit at Chicago (2), 12 p.m. ET

No Sharks, no Kings, no Yotes, no Avs, no Preds and no Devils. Yet there is the possibility of showing Atlanta, Carolina and Tampa :doh1:

NBC is falling into the same trap that E$PN did, continually showing a select few teams for a national broadcast. And they can't figure out why ratings are low :rolleyes:

People are sick of seeing the same teams all the time :rant::argh:

They dropped the "puck" (ball) last year by showing a meaningless NYR vs Philly game instead of airing the Devils vs Sharks :wacko: (who were the top teams in the east and west at the time)

Who the hell is going to watch two poor teams like Car vs Tb ? Who is going to watch the potential blowout games of Caps vs TB or Pit vs TB ?

How about watching a competative game like San Jose vs Colorado ? or Phoenix vs LA Kings ?

Ratings, ratings <_< shove it up your a$$. I have no interest in watching two poor teams like NYR at Philly or the same old, same old Pens vs Caps -_- Why not show Nashville vs San Jose or Phoenix vs Chicago ? :noclue:

we're only scheduled into their window twice.

the 31st vs. the Kings

and the last game of the season vs. Sabres

first game would have to be a 9:30AM start in LA and the second will be the ultimate in meaningless games.

I'd guess that that has to do with NHL scheduling, which I'm sure is in contact with NBC. It's not a coincidence that Pittsburgh just happens to be scheduled every Sunday.

Sunday, Jan. 17

Chicago at Detroit, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Jan. 24

Pittsburgh at Philadelphia or Boston at Carolina, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, Jan. 31

Sunday, Feb. 7

Pittsburgh at Washington or Boston at Montreal, 12 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 7

Boston at Pittsburgh (1), Detroit at Chicago (2)or Carolina at Atlanta, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 14

Philadelphia at NY Rangers, Pittsburgh at Tampa Bay, Washington at Chicago

or Colorado at Dallas, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 21

NY Rangers at Boston or Buffalo at Carolina, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, April 4

Detroit at Philadelphia, 12:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, April 11

Boston at Washington, NY Rangers at Philadelphia (1)or Detroit at Chicago (2), 12 p.m. ET

No Sharks, no Kings, no Yotes, no Avs, no Preds and no Devils. Yet there is the possibility of showing Atlanta, Carolina and Tampa :doh1:

NBC is falling into the same trap that E$PN did, continually showing a select few teams for a national broadcast. And they can't figure out why ratings are low :rolleyes:

People are sick of seeing the same teams all the time :rant::argh:

They dropped the "puck" (ball) last year by showing a meaningless NYR vs Philly game instead of airing the Devils vs Sharks :wacko: (who were the top teams in the east and west at the time)

Who the hell is going to watch two poor teams like Car vs Tb ? Who is going to watch the potential blowout games of Caps vs TB or Pit vs TB ?

How about watching a competative game like San Jose vs Colorado ? or Phoenix vs LA Kings ?

Ratings, ratings <_< shove it up your a$$. I have no interest in watching two poor teams like NYR at Philly or the same old, same old Pens vs Caps -_- Why not show Nashville vs San Jose or Phoenix vs Chicago ? :noclue:

The rationale behind the games they choose are simple: the Bigger the TV market the bigger the potential ratings.

The bigger the ratings, the more NBC can charge to advertisers

New Jersey is NOT a media market, nor is San Jose or Anaheim, so from a business perspective these teams aren't options.

If I was a fan of a team NOT in the Atlantic division I would be extremely pissed. Why would a team like the Flyers or Rangers who are fighting to stay alive and have been playing like garbage be broadcasts so often? It makes zero sense, I understand that they have a huge market but I doubt anyone wants to see a sh!tty team play just because they have the name NEW YORK or PHILADELPHIA on them.....it's BS is what it is. :soap:

NBC does not care about the NHL or putting the best game on tv for the viewer or to promote the NHL. They blindly the teams in the highest markets and air them. They don't care how the teams are actually doing or what type of game you will get. I work for NBC. That's how they are and that's how it will be.

Does NBC still have a sort of flex option? I remember a couple of years ago (maybe it was even last year?) that there was the possibility of one Devils game being switched to 12:30 from 7 by NBC, or something like that.

Edited by RSC

Does NBC still have a sort of flex option? I remember a couple of years ago (maybe it was even last year?) that there was the possibility of one Devils game being switched to 12:30 from 7 by NBC, or something like that.

most of our other Sundays are at 7PM after a Saturday at 7PM, I think those are the only two weeks we can be booked.

Its sad that NBC can not recognize how great the Devils are and give us the respect we deserve.

its sad NBC cant recognize GOOD HOCKEY.

Pittsburgh isn't a large TV market and Washington isn't known for great ratings either!

i find it hilarious that NBC puts these "lame duck" options in there. do they think they're fooling anyone?

its sad NBC cant recognize GOOD HOCKEY.

Pittsburgh isn't a large TV market and Washington isn't known for great ratings either!

i find it hilarious that NBC puts these "lame duck" options in there. do they think they're fooling anyone?

Pittsburgh is #23 TV market, Washington D.C is #9. The Pens do great TV ratings locally and the Caps are the hottest ticket in D.C.

Until Pitt is dethroned expect nothing but Sid the kid games on NBC.

Pittsburgh is #23 TV market, Washington D.C is #9. The Pens do great TV ratings locally and the Caps are the hottest ticket in D.C.

Until Pitt is dethroned expect nothing but Sid the kid games on NBC.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get those numbers from and where do we rank?

New Jersey isn't a separate media market. Parts of NJ are in the Philly market and parts in the NY market.

Here are the rankings: http://www.tvjobs.com/cgi-bin/markets/market2.cgi

Just stumbled across an interesting link though... maybe someone should send this to NBC: http://www.voicenj.com/VNJMarket.html

If separated from the New York and Philadelphia markets, New Jersey alone would constitute the fourth largest television market in the nation. New York would fall from number one to number two (behind Los Angeles). Philadelphia would fall from number four to number twelve.

Sunday, Jan. 31

I was right

Per NHL

Edited by Neutral Zone Trap