Zubrus hopes he'll be back on skates by weekend

Rock

Injured NJ Devils center Danius Zubrus hopes he'll be back on skates by weekend

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/01/injured_nj_devils_center_daniu.html

The big center, who suffered a broken right knee cap Nov. 19 in Nashville, said he hopes to begin skating again by the weekend. Friday is a possibility but Saturday is more likely, he said.

"Hopefully by the end of the week," Zubrus told me. "I still feel sore. I haven't been on the ice yet but I've had some good (off-ice) workouts."

But do we?

Curious to see if the return of the walking wounded messes with the nice chemistry we have going. Will always be good to have Clarkson and Martin back with us, but Zubrus...

Nice chemistry?

We've been shuffling guys in and out of the lineup and in and out of lines all season, I'm not even sure what group of "we" you're referring to..

The chemistry that has led to our (the New Jersey Devils, to be clear) 30 wins, skippy.

Not much has changed on who plays in the top 3 lines. Yes, players have been shuffled from 1-2-3, but the same guys have been on the ice for quite some time.

Zubrus is going to be a bonus to this team. Its not like we're taking Zajac out of the lineup in order to play Zubrus. More than likely it means less of Pelley / Pika / Peters. Remember when we had the 3M's?? Its worse with 3P's, at least they are cheaper P's.

Point is. Zubrus will make our team better. Even with limited minutes he can provide more on offense or defense than any of the aforementioned players.

guys - any above average player is welcome so yes, zubrus and martin and clarkson will all be solid additions and very much be needed.

games like the other night vs. dallas don't happen in the playoffs - a road team just not all that interested in playing the game. i've said it before, but this is why the devils seem to always have pretty strong regular seasons. for all the "they never play 60 minutes crap" that has been spouted for years, the truth is that this team very rarely has "uninterested nights" where they just don't have the legs and sort of go through the motions.

the devils are giving 95-100% effort just about every game whereas you see most other teams dialing it up like that maybe 50% of the time and the other is (well like dallas the other night - they'll get out there and rough it up a bit and try to make some plays but they're not gonna get dirty and really fight for pucks).

it's true that zharkov and mccamond and neidermayer and fraser have done some nice things the last 4-6 weeks. but to say that zubrus and company coming back might ruin "chemistry" or "consistency" is hogwash.

Not saying he's going to "ruin" anything -- just saying I was curious to see what would happen.

And Zharkov is sure to not survive all the vets returning to the lineup. He's done well for us. I'm curious to see what happens, that's all.

Anybody think we don't need Zubrus:

1.) Go back and watch the CHI and watch the boardwork - he and Neids (aside from ZZPOPS) are amongst our best guys along the boards (a place where Rolston is notably afraid of)

2.) Do you guys really want to burn out older guys like Neids and Deano for the playoffs. These are old vets, with old bodies.

This team has been doing excellent, but there are still a few holes in our game that can be exploited by some strong teams. Our board game needs to be more even on our lines.

Zubrus is going to be a bonus to this team. Its not like we're taking Zajac out of the lineup in order to play Zubrus. More than likely it means less of Pelley / Pika / Peters. Remember when we had the 3M's?? Its worse with 3P's, at least they are cheaper P's.

Point is. Zubrus will make our team better. Even with limited minutes he can provide more on offense or defense than any of the aforementioned players.

Only if Zubs is completly healthy. :yay:

1.) Go back and watch the CHI and watch the boardwork - he and Neids (aside from ZZPOPS) are amongst our best guys along the boards (a place where Rolston is notably afraid of)

2.) Do you guys really want to burn out older guys like Neids and Deano for the playoffs. These are old vets, with old bodies.

This team has been doing excellent, but there are still a few holes in our game that can be exploited by some strong teams. Our board game needs to be more even on our lines.

Ding ding ding, winner !

Zubrus will be a godsend against teams like Chicago with his ability to hold up the play along the boards and then dish it off to Langs,Elias etc.

We'll be much better with him in the line-up.

Rolston is useless on the boards, it's not his game.

Edited by Neutral Zone Trap

Agreed.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Rolston-Zubrus-Elias

Bergfors-McAmmond-Clarkson(when he's back of course)

Pandolfo-Niedermayer-Pikkarainen/Peters/Leblond

Agreed.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Rolston-Zubrus-Elias

Bergfors-McAmmond-Clarkson(when he's back of course)

Pandolfo-Niedermayer-Pikkarainen/Peters/Leblond

Zubrus should NEVER, EVER get in between two offensive players-- he will shut them down.

Zubrus goes to the 4th line and should never leave.

Zubrus should NEVER, EVER get in between two offensive players-- he will shut them down.

Zubrus goes to the 4th line and should never leave.

I disagree. If his role is to make space for the other two and work in the corners he could be effective with 26 & 12