GDT: Lightning @ Devils Sun 6pm EST

bdubdevs

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be LIVID if I was a fan at that game tonight. How can you compensate somebody for sitting through almost two hours of a power outage only to send them home? Free tickets + a refund at least.

Your little whine-fest about dropping 15 dollars to watch a goddamn hockey game. I'm only 18 years old, and I don't give a damn about 15 bucks. If you're so much older and wiser, why would you?

A) Not all tickets are only 15 bucks. In fact, the large majority are more.

B) Fans sat around for almost two hours with nothing to do waiting for hockey only to have it canceled.

C) You don't care about money? Great for you... that doesn't mean that the people there shouldn't be compensated for the lack of half a game tonight and two wasted hours.

This will be interesting to watch unfold. The Lightning will be P/O'd if the game has to restart since they were about 80-85% ensured of a win. If the game continues from where it stopped the Devils will be unhappy, because they won't draw a single person to a game that's half over and with the Devils down three goals. Honestly, and I hate to say it, the most fair way to deal with this situation is probably to just award the Lightning the win.

Would they really restart the game? That sounds insanely unfair.

Probably just poor wording and its really just 'suspended'.

Unfair? Yes, but it's also unfair to have people drive down and go to see half a game. As has been stated, there is precedent for this, especially in baseball, so it's not exactly a first-time-ever sort of thing. It definitely does such for Tampa, though, if they wipe the whole thing.

This will be interesting to watch unfold. The Lightning will be P/O'd if the game has to restart since they were about 80-85% ensured of a win. If the game continues from where it stopped the Devils will be unhappy, because they won't draw a single person to a game that's half over and with the Devils down three goals. Honestly, and I hate to say it, the most fair way to deal with this situation is probably to just award the Lightning the win.

Exactly lightning win. half the game was over. 3-0.

Interesting, when both Zajac and Greene were asked about whether the game will be replayed, they both sort of hinted that it might be the case. Zajac even said "I imagine the game will be replayed." I'm not sure if they have more information than we do, but their responses were fairly interesting.

Exactly lightning win. half the game was over. 3-0.

What? Who's side are you on here? The Devils have been a very good comeback team this year, and given that the Devils were leading the game in most major stats (other than goals obviously), I think they would have had a good chance of coming back. Obviously no matter how they decide to resolve it, it's never going to be entirely fair, but it would be really unfair to the Devils to just say "Sorry, you lose."

Most fair would be to start from the halfway point and finish the game starting at 3-0. Obviously it would be weird but that's the best option.

The lightning-devils rescheduled game will pick up where it left off...says Bettman.

via Darren Dreger twitter

Haha, this is so fvcking stupid. Who the hell is going to come watch a 29 minute hockey game, with a team trailing by 3 goals no less? Idiots.

They should just restart the damn thing. Is it unfair to Tampa? Maybe a little bit. But we all know very well that a team can score at least 2 goals in 80 seconds. Sure they were up 3 zip but they played like sh!t. Its very possible the Devils could have come back in the game.

Edited by SickMan