GDT: Lightning @ Devils Sun 6pm EST

bdubdevs

my guess for compensation is they will look at the games that haven't sold well so far and offer a ticket of the same value for either free or pretty cheap. there is no way they will give free tickets for specific games ex: rangers.

i think this would make most people happy in terms of compensation.

"All tickets from Friday

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did not make fun of the way I post, it was another thread where he mimicked another poster's style about 10x. As MANY other people in this thread pointed out, it was just as bright as it is in MSG and BRIGHTER than it was for some of the Winter Classic. If it is bright enough to play there then I can only think that it was adequate for last night. The Lowell jokes are getting old. If you are gonna make a lame insult, at least use the correct word. REMUNERATION is the word you were looking for, not "renumeration".

Wow, you found a type-o on an internet message board.....impressive.

I'll merely point out that before you cry innocent that you are the one that started with the lame "personal shots"

Again my point is that the safety of the players and the LIABILITY of the organization for any potential injuries outweighs anybody's personal game inconvienence.

I'm sorry that people went and were badly disappointed, the issue was absolutely handled the wrong way, but if there was even a CHANCE of it being more dangerous than a standard game for the players - then it was the right call. The Winter Classic is irrelevant because it didn't involve Devil players and wouldn't be Devil liability for injuries. Was anyone from this board at the Classic?

I do agree that Jeff needs to go beyond an extra half game to make this up to the ticket-holders.

As I type this I see that they are doing this - great move for Jeff - should work out fine! Happy Campers!

Edited by DevilinLA

Wow, you found a type-o on an internet message board.....impressive.

I'll merely point out that before you cry innocent that you are the one that started with the lame "personal shots"

Again my point is that the safety of the players and the LIABILITY of the organization for any potential injuries outweighs anybody's personal game inconvienence.

I'm sorry that people went and were badly disappointed, the issue was absolutely handled the wrong way, but if there was even a CHANCE of it being more dangerous than a standard game for the players - then it was the right call. The Winter Classic is irrelevant because it didn't involve Devil players and wouldn't be Devil liability for injuries. Was anyone from this board at the Classic?

I do agree that Jeff needs to go beyond an extra half game to make this up to the ticket-holders.

As I type this I see that they are doing this - great move for Jeff - should work out fine! Happy Campers!

There is a big difference between a TYPO and attempting to use a vocabulary word out of your range, and using a similarly spelled word instead. The point was that if the other teams involved in the Winter Classic were willing to take on the "liability" involved with their lighting situation, then the lighting last night was probably sufficient. Kudos to the Devils for at least giving free tickets to a future game. (1/20 vs Florida is my prediction, but it should be for ANY game you want- I am OK with any game though)

There is a big difference between a TYPO and attempting to use a vocabulary word out of your range, and using a similarly spelled word instead. The point was that if the other teams involved in the Winter Classic were willing to take on the "liability" involved with their lighting situation, then the lighting last night was probably sufficient. Kudos to the Devils for at least giving free tickets to a future game. (1/20 vs Florida is my prediction, but it should be for ANY game you want- I am OK with any game though)

This kind of petty bickering and "immature"

You don't know me, you don't my education level or anything about me.

You have no idea of my intentions when I typed this, and how many here proofread their NJDEVS forum posts.

Silliness. Stick to the issue

This kind of petty bickering and "immature"

You don't know me, you don't my education level or anything about me.

You have no idea of my intentions when I typed this, and how many here proofread their NJDEVS forum posts.

Silliness. Stick to the issue

I don't need to know anything about you other than the fact that you made a pathetic attempt to make fun of me and used a word incorrectly. Regardless of your "education level", you are not very intelligent. I know that you intended to use a different word other than you did, and you got a little confused. This is beyond proofreading, you flat out were incorrect. The "issue" was you attempting to start with me over something I wrote in another post. You have your opinion (and club seats), and I have mine. I am done with this little pissing match.

Kudos to the Devils for at least giving free tickets to a future game. (1/20 vs Florida is my prediction, but it should be for ANY game you want- I am OK with any game though)

Watch, that game or the Tuesday Columbus game in March will probably be the choices.

I don't need to know anything about you other than the fact that you made a pathetic attempt to make fun of me and used a word incorrectly. Regardless of your "education level", you are not very intelligent. I know that you intended to use a different word other than you did, and you got a little confused. This is beyond proofreading, you flat out were incorrect. The "issue" was you attempting to start with me over something I wrote in another post. You have your opinion (and club seats), and I have mine. I am done with this little pissing match.

Read the thread.

You took a perfectly legitimate discussion about the lighting and invoked the discussion from the night before by mocking me with the:

"did you fly in and get your club seats?"

You brought up the issue from the previous post! ... and you do it again in this post!

I have no beef with you nor intended any "pissing match" but you are obviously carrying baggage from said thread to insult me here.

I PM'd you to resolve it, you responded with a further insult.

Cups, its a message board it flares up from time to time w/opinion but there's no point in taking it personally.

Lets resolve this by PM without dragging the folks through this.

Read the thread.

You took a perfectly legitimate discussion about the lighting and invoked the discussion from the night before by mocking me with the:

"did you fly in and get your club seats?"

You brought up the issue from the previous post! ... and you do it again in this post!

I have no beef with you nor intended any "pissing match" but you are obviously carrying baggage from said thread to insult me here.

I PM'd you to resolve it, you responded with a further insult.

Cups, its a message board it flares up from time to time w/opinion but there's no point in taking it personally.

Lets resolve this by PM without dragging the folks through this.

It was in response to a rather idiotic question posed to me. You were strongly opinionated about the lighting, WITHOUT actually seeing it. That is what frustrated me. OK, end of quarrel. I do not take anything personally, and I hope you do not either. Sorry folks, nothing left to see here. Maybe the 2 combatants yesterday can go for round 2. :lol:

It was in response to a rather idiotic question posed to me. You were strongly opinionated about the lighting, WITHOUT actually seeing it. That is what frustrated me. OK, end of quarrel. I do not take anything personally, and I hope you do not either. Sorry folks, nothing left to see here. Maybe the 2 combatants yesterday can go for round 2. :lol:

There's nothing personal about insulting someone's intelligence? How can someone not take that personally?

OK Cups, I publically apologize if you felt attacked or offended about the Lowell or lighting thing.... my bad.

My point: Player safety > Personal Game Experience - but its just an opinion.....

I don't want to "combat" - there's a need for more respect on this board as a whole, and I'm gonna tow the line as much as anyone else here.

from reading this threecups guy doesnt seem to mature and uses emotion & repeated rhetoric & doesnt respect opinions of others w/o shoving his down their throat. seems like he never stops posting either like 24 hrs a day in every topic. dude needs to chill

We all have our opinions - and he seems like a good Devils fan - lets just disagree with respect.

Everyone makes mistakes.

from reading this threecups guy doesnt seem to mature and uses emotion & repeated rhetoric & doesnt respect opinions of others w/o shoving his down their throat. seems like he never stops posting either like 24 hrs a day in every topic. dude needs to chill

Really? I respect opinions of others. Sometimes in debates people's opinions come off rather pointed and condescending. I will stop posting just for YOU.

So if you're the kinda person who saves their tickets, I guess you gotta hand them over to relinquish that free game thing maybe. The seats should suck...I don't think people are really entitled to a cheaper game or a free game. They should just hand out free stuff on Sunday and call it a day. I wonder if people will be in Sunday at all.

So if you're the kinda person who saves their tickets, I guess you gotta hand them over to relinquish that free game thing maybe. The seats should suck...I don't think people are really entitled to a cheaper game or a free game. They should just hand out free stuff on Sunday and call it a day. I wonder if people will be in Sunday at all.

How are people not entitled to a cheaper game or a free game?!?!?!? They paid to see a hockey GAME (60 minutes, possibly longer with OT). They saw just over HALF of a game. The team never relayed any information to the fans and kept them in the dark. (pun intended) Nobody is going to show up Sunday. The game was originally a weekend night. People have work Monday, and who wants to drive to the arena to watch half a game when your team is already down 3-0? Not to mention NFL playoffs. Just a complete mess all around.

I was wondering if the Devils could shed any light on STH parking.

I'm guessing, unless they anticipate a TINY crowd, you're on your own, because the VIP lot isn't even enough for the draft party and alot of the people at the draft party didn't realize you could park there

I'm guessing, unless they anticipate a TINY crowd, you're on your own, because the VIP lot isn't even enough for the draft party and alot of the people at the draft party didn't realize you could park there

Right, but STHs paid for parking for that game. The Devils have agreements with that lots of assigned STHs, so they should figure it out.