GDT: Devils @ Rangers

MadDog2020

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"oh another boring shutout for brodeur, what he face? 18 shots with the trap?" THE BEST OF ALL TIME

And the Ranger killer himself, strikes again with the only shot that crossed the line all night.

Clearly Broduer's stats are inflated from that trap...oh sh!t he just had 51 saves...there goes that idea.

What an amazing game, best of the year in terms of enjoyability. That was freaking awesome, and the scoreboard does not indicate the excitement at all. Not gonna lie, Lundqvist played really well tonight, both goalies deserve the shutout they got.

Oh, and seeing Avery get hit with that puck was karma at its finest.

Great game by both teams. Great flow, great pure hockey with a minimum of bull sh!t and silliness.

Marty is still God. :hail::hail::hail:

Patty is a cold hearted mofo on those shootouts. :kill:

Must be nice for Marty to collect a shutout puck with a Rangers crest on it.

im not happy with this game at all. sure it was a nail biter, but we didn't see devils hockey tonight.

what happened to our lunch pail, workman like play? I dont think we had enough guys driving the net, and we had one too many passes too many times tonight (eg look at our freakin 5 on 3).

This is a preview of playoff hockey, and unbelievably, I think the rangers outgritted us in this one. And they nearly won it save for some good fortune on marty's side.

Everyone here should be able to plainly see why we need another center beside dean mcammond. Elias and rolston are totally lost, as there is NO ONE to cycle with in the slot. mccammond cant stickhandle or pass to setup anyone once the game gets tight. Id give pelley's line more minutes than the rolston elias mccammond trio.

i hate it when teams take us to task, especially the rangers.

im not happy with this game at all. sure it was a nail biter, but we didn't see devils hockey tonight.

what happened to our lunch pail, workman like play? I dont think we had enough guys driving the net, and we had one too many passes too many times tonight (eg look at our freakin 5 on 3).

This is a preview of playoff hockey, and unbelievably, I think the rangers outgritted us in this one. And they nearly won it save for some good fortune on marty's side.

Everyone here should be able to plainly see why we need another center beside dean mcammond. Elias and rolston are totally lost, as there is NO ONE to cycle with in the slot. mccammond cant stickhandle or pass to setup anyone once the game gets tight. Id give pelley's line more minutes than the rolston elias mccammond trio.

To be fair, that was a near perfectly executed game on the Rangers' part, and definitely one of the best games I've seen them play in the last few years. They came out from the first faceoff with something to prove, and they were super hungry. I don't think the Devils played above their average game tonight, but I DO think that the Rangers did, and that's the difference. If you've watched the Rangers games this year (I've watched most of them), you'd know that this is not typical Rangers hockey.

I will hand it to the Rangers that they had an amazing game, but is it sustainable over a 7 game series / long playoff run? I highly doubt it.

Edited by Amberite

While there might be some truth to this...the Devils are playing for the 4th time in 5 nights...something you don't really ever see in the NHL.

I'm not sure what Bergfors has done to be thrown in exile island. The top two lines should be some combination of Parise, Zajac, Bergfors, Elias, Langenbrunner, and Rolston.

Edited by devilsrule33

Brodeur even said it during the post game, there was no way there were that many shots taken on either goalie. Shot dude was jacked up on Rockstar or something. None the less Brodeur was ridiculous tonight. Its just a shame that the first time this team gets shut out its at the hands of the Rangers.

Was that Eric Staal wearing Calahan's jersey tonight?

I also love the fact that Lundqvist got served glove side for the winner*. He played well but he is a fvcking HATER like no other. The Devils aren't better they're just consistent. GFY Lundqvist.

Edited by SickMan

While there might be some truth to this...the Devils are playing for the 4th time in 5 nights...something you don't really ever see in the NHL.

I'm not sure what Bergfors has done to be thrown in exile island. The top two lines should be some combination of Parise, Zajac, Bergfors, Elias, Langenbrunner, and Rolston.

Bergfors may have given the best individual offensive effort on the team tonight. How many times did he set up the offensive black hole (Pandolfo) in the slot?...must have been at least 4 times. And considering Elias and Rolston have been largely invisible recently aside from the Dallas game, it's kind of mind boggling to see the line combos after you get past Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner.

Bergfors may have given the best individual offensive effort on the team tonight. How many times did he set up the offensive black hole (Pandolfo) in the slot?...must have been at least 4 times.

Hehehe ... kind of funny ... yet also sad.

So what's up with holding back on Elias for OT, Am i wrong in thinking he has the best record with Parise in the Shootout?

I was wondering the same thing.

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54012&st=120

ANYWAY that was one of the best games I have ever seen, one of the best games I've ever seen Marty play, and a game that I was really, really sorry to see decided in a shootout. That said, we fvcking won, hell yes, and in your face. I definitely jumped around a lot when Patty put that home.

NHL is so fvcking backasswards. This game was completely enthralling, amazing, stirring, exciting, etc., way more so than the 7-4 Caps/TB game, in which the most interesting thing was Matt Bradley taking third man in on Ovie's fight.

Travis is so up and down in stock with me. Makes great plays on the backcheck, takes forever with the puck/makes soft passes and turns it over.