Wild puts Petr Sykora on waivers

insanity_gallops

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy dropped to us in the draft because everyone was scared of his injury-riddled past. It's amazing that he's done as well as he has, but it looks like it all finally caught up to him.

No thanks. Unless the Rags give him another shot, let the countdown to the retirement announcement begin.

Edit: P.S. Derian Hatcher is still a douche.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

maybe he could give Elias tips on how to recover from a hit to the head

"Here's what you gotta do ... rest all summer and drink plenty of fluids from a big silver thing with a bunch of names all over it. Worked for me. Say Hello to your mother for me."

sykora250.jpg

a_sykora_i.jpg

irbesykora.jpg

Bring him back!

So to show how much Sykora needs to be here, you post a picture of his rookie signing, an image of him taking his pants off during practice and a pummeling at the hands of Arturs Irbe...

You need some better Sykora pics!

To me, Sykora is like high school...it was fun while it lasted, but it's over now. No need to go back.

So to show how much Sykora needs to be here, you post a picture of his rookie signing, an image of him taking his pants off during practice and a pummeling at the hands of Arturs Irbe...

To me, Sykora is like high school...it was fun while it lasted, but it's over now. No need to go back.

What he said. The past is gone. Sykora isn't that player anymore, and he already got exiled from Jersey for lack of heart.

To add to that high school analogy...

You have a relationship with a beautiful girl that ends just before you go off to college. You still think about her and pine for her though, and when your 10-year reunion arrives, you hope she shows up so you can see her...who knows, maybe you can even rekindle the old magic. You wonder where she is...until you realize that she's been here all along...but she's now 100 pounds heavier and barely recognizable.

Which Sykora would you rather remember...the guy who had a very nice year-and-a-half on the A line back in 2000 and 2001 (2002 doesn't really count), or the guy who clearly is nowhere near what he was? I know what I'd rather go with.

LOL. I just did a quick search for images. I was not gonna spend all day looking for them. This is a rough crowd!

To add to that high school analogy...

You have a relationship with a beautiful girl that ends just before you go off to college. You still think about her and pine for her though, and when your 10-year reunion arrives, you hope she shows up so you can see her...who knows, maybe you can even rekindle the old magic. You wonder where she is...until you realize that she's been here all along...but she's now 100 pounds heavier and barely recognizable.

Which Sykora would you rather remember...the guy who had a very nice year-and-a-half on the A line back in 2000 and 2001 (2002 doesn't really count), or the guy who clearly is nowhere near what he was? I know what I'd rather go with.

The girl from high school CAN go on a treadmill and regain some of her earlier beauty. Put Sykie on a line with Elias and....a glimmer of his old talent back?

The girl from high school CAN go on a treadmill and regain some of her earlier beauty. Put Sykie on a line with Elias and....a glimmer of his old talent back?

That bridge is burned. Lou only wants players that are committed to winning.

This doesn't fit in the Sykora agenda.

When historic team leaders like Stevens, Dano and Holik pretty much have Lou banish Sykora, I doubt Lou is going to re-acquire him. Especially when our younger players are basically smarter and more team oriented.

My suggestion to you:

1. Put the beatbox down.

2. Place "In your eyes" by Peter Gabriel on PAUSE

3. Then OPEN YOUR OWN eyes and face reality, Sykora will never play again on a Lou Lamoriello team.

Edited by MantaRay

Maybe, but she'd still have stretch marks, cankles and farts that stink worse than yours do. Stay away, but be prepared to laugh if your dimwitted neighbor with no self respect gives her a second chance.

LOL. I just did a quick search for images. I was not gonna spend all day looking for them. This is a rough crowd!

Just teasing you, Three, although that's odd that a cursory search for Sykora images brings up those random pics, instead of him, you know, scoring goals during his Cup year. Meh, I was just messing with you a little!

Anyway, yeah, Sykora is donesky on the Devs. CR's analogy is pretty much spot on. When you say, "get the ol' girl on a treadmill", I think the ol' girl doesn't even own one in the first place, nor does she care about getting one. Why would she when she got herself a couple of sugar daddies to take care of things after breaking up with NJ?

How's that for running a bit into the grounnd?? :D