NHL Considering NFL Style Instant Replay

Daniel

Most unrealistic point of contention in the new The Rock movie: What self-respecting hockey player would give himself the nickname The Tooth Fairy?

I DEMAND REALISM FROM MY DISNEY FILMS DAMMIT!

DISREGARD CHILDHOOD FANTASIES

ACQUIRE REALITY

Coach's challenge: Instead of a flag, throw a bench on the ice?

+1

But I also think that there are a few cases where the coach challenge could help the game. I think that, if it were instated, it would have to be extremely limited, and used with caution and respect. Perhaps there'd be a big penalty for challenges that didn't overturn anything. Because I can think of a couple calls the Devils would have done well to challenge:

(start at 1:22). I remember someone posted on NJDevs a conclusive photo of the puck being over the line. I know it would take a while but it would have changed the result of the game (no shootout).

+1

But I also think that there are a few cases where the coach challenge could help the game. I think that, if it were instated, it would have to be extremely limited, and used with caution and respect. Perhaps there'd be a big penalty for challenges that didn't overturn anything. Because I can think of a couple calls the Devils would have done well to challenge:

(start at 1:22). I remember someone posted on NJDevs a conclusive photo of the puck being over the line. I know it would take a while but it would have changed the result of the game (no shootout).

I remember this game because I was so pissed. There was an angle on the puck side where you see the puck bounce off his leg in the net. I think everyone was looking for the puck down at the line that they didn't see it hit his leg. Which he then pulled out to look like it hadn't crossed.

i doubt very, very much that they would go to this system; only a catastrophic miss in the playoffs would lead to this. it sounds terrible.

It's already happened twice to my knowledge.(besides 2001)

2003 ECF game 3 vs Ottawa.

The Devils had a goal that was not reviewd at all, even the Devils players didn't ask for a review because it happened so fast. I can't recall the player or period. But there was a play where a Devil shot and it went in-and-out of the goal as fast as a shot bounces off a post/crossbar.

I remember the commentators on tv saying it was a goal, and the replays all showed it.

The Devils won that game 1-0. Had the Sens tied it, and won later on, there would have been hell to pay.

2004 SCF game 6. Tampa @ Calgary

With the Flames leading the series 3-2 and hoping to clinch at home. Calgary was denied a legit goal that would in all likelyhood won the game 3-2, and the Cup.

Replays showed the puck at least two inches behind the goal line. At first, the ESPN crew (JD et al) all said they thought it was a goal. The next broadcast for game seven two days later had some computer generated mojo b/s and JD et al retracted their statement.

That series stunk.(rigged)

Referees who fvck up should be made publicly accountable.( I'm looking at you Tim Peel)

Instant replay is the way to go, get the call right !

I also believe that the standard of officiating games needs to be dramatically improved.

How the fvck can "professional" refs call an icing on a team in the playoffs when that team is shorthanded! (NJ VS NYR) ?