Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, and just because I can't sleep I'll add that the reports say Atlanta's looking for a top prospect, a player with an immediate impact and a pick. Oduya, Bergfors and a pick?

Oduya, Bergfors, Palmieri and a 1. but the word was "centering around" so there might be more or something to be hammered out.

whos the guy on twitter that breaks all the news? this year hes been the first most of the time.

Darren Dreger is the one that's been getting almost everything right and first this year. Though he has been strangely quiet on the Kovie business. Bob Mckenzie has been the big man reporting so far (as far as credible sources go), but as he himself has said in his blog if anyone actually knows anything that Lou is thinking about step up because he doesn't. He is the most active among the big reporters on this story.

Here's why I'm starting to think that this rumor could be true: In the last few years, most rumors involving the Devils were proven to be false fairly quickly. Not only is this Kovalchuk rumor still alive, it actually seems to be gaining steam as time goes on.

Is that guy credible?

He knows some players. He said we signed Peters two weeks before it was announced and said the Rags would sign Brashear and that happened. Those are two pretty weird things to predict if you're just pulling things out of your @ss. He also nailed a major deal the Rangers made in the last year. He's now saying Devil players are texting each other like mad.

He knows some players. He said we signed Peters two weeks before it was announced and said the Rags would sign Brashear and that happened. Those are two pretty weird things to predict if you're just pulling things out of your @ss. He also nailed a major deal the Rangers made in the last year. He's now saying Devil players are texting each other like mad.

I can only pray that this was a done deal tonight and they are waiting until tomorrow to make the announcement. Friday Feb. 5: NJ Devils (WITH KOVALCHUK!) host the Toronto Maple Leafs? :dance:

when was the last time the devils were in a rumor this big, for this long?... Souray. and we all know how that ended.

just trying to stay sane. AHHHHHHHH :pray::pray::pray::pray:

Wasn't it only one night where it was announced that the Devils had actually signed Souray? And wasn't it just some random website reporting that he had signed? It seems like this Kovalchuk rumor has lasted longer and with more credible sources.

Wasn't it only one night where it was announced that the Devils had actually signed Souray? And wasn't it just some random website reporting that he had signed? It seems like this Kovalchuk rumor has lasted longer and with more credible sources.

iirc, nhlline.ca reported for almost 4 DAYS that souray to nj was a done deal...

yes, this potential trade has a lot more backing. scouts being at our last two games and a lowell game? pretty incrdible. considering vasyunov, eckford, halischuk all got scratched. all the signs point to kovy to nj and words cannot describe how awesome that would be.

someone at hf (who also posts here, i think. maybe mp?) suggested the longer this goes on for the less likely it becomes, which i agree with.

iirc, nhlline.ca reported for almost 4 DAYS that souray to nj was a done deal...

yes, this potential trade has a lot more backing. scouts being at our last two games and a lowell game? pretty incrdible. considering vasyunov, eckford, halischuk all got scratched. all the signs point to kovy to nj and words cannot describe how awesome that would be.

someone at hf (who also posts here, i think. maybe mp?) suggested the longer this goes on for the less likely it becomes, which i agree with.

yeah, that's me. I think that because the offer isn't that good, and we could be the middle man in a chicken game between ATL/LA...

it doesn't meet Waddell's need to keep them in it this year. Bergfors is gassed, Palmieri is a greenhorn and Oduya is Oduya. but it could be that something else is involved. the noise is getting louder, or Bob McKenzie is fvcking with us.

either way.

reminds me of Gilmour in that something that seemed like a joke built up steam...

this is the latest article i found from tsn about a half an hour ago...not much but says trade inevitable by the end of the week..maybe i can go to sleep now lol

http://www.nhlintel.com/2010/02/04/atlanta-tells-kovalchuk-to-expect-trade/

Reasons I don't trust this article:

1) New Jeryse Devils

2) Kovalchuk has 58 goals in 49 games this season with the Thrashers

So...yeah. I could've written a more detailed article.

yeah, that's me. I think that because the offer isn't that good, and we could be the middle man in a chicken game between ATL/LA...

it doesn't meet Waddell's need to keep them in it this year. Bergfors is gassed, Palmieri is a greenhorn and Oduya is Oduya. but it could be that something else is involved. the noise is getting louder, or Bob McKenzie is fvcking with us.

either way.

reminds me of Gilmour in that something that seemed like a joke built up steam...

with the rumors of other teams pulling out, im starting to think he's getting nervous and is gonna take the best offer he's got. waddell has a history of some 'what the hell' trades so anything can happen.

too young for the gilmour trade haha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.