Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right but I'm not talking about cap hit, just respective skills and abilities of the players in question.

yeah, the Rangers definately could have provided the best value of anyone... if Sather didn't structure his contracts in such a retarded fashion.

I'm sure the Thrashers are going to hang on to him for Friday's game against WSH. They play the Panthers on Saturday then have three days off.

EDIT:

“I asked [Waddell] if I’m going to play [Friday] and he said yes. So I just show up and do my job.”

This was said after today's practice. Got it from the Atlanta beat writer's blog.

Link

Edited by Crisis

It's all starting to make sense. Waddell is trying to drum up interest one last time before pulling the trigger, why the hell else would you decrease his value saying he WILL be traded? (2nd time he's done this) In the same process, he's warning the fans and trying to look like the good guy saying its all on kovy, he doesn't want to be here, we tried.

and if he has a 3 goal, 9 shot night where he plays dominant, he might increase his value. it's a risk worth taking.

Do you think it would really increase his value that much? I mean, every GM in the game already knows he's capable of putting up numbers like that on any given night.

Of course, there are GMs out there named Sutter and Sather ...

and if he has a 3 goal, 9 shot night where he plays dominant, he might increase his value. it's a risk worth taking.

You think so? I don't know, it's just one game how much more value can he get? People already know what he brings - better take your chances now and if he gets hurt you get nothing...I'm not sure it equals out in risk Tri.

At this point, though, would teams really be that surprised and say, "hey, this guy's actually pretty good! The ridiculous trade request Waddell threw at me yesterday is suddenly looking quite OK now that I know that Kovalchuk is actually a good player!"

Let's be honest, everyone in the NHL knows what Kovalchuk is bringing to the table. Waddell is risking much more by playing Kovalchuk than any possible gain (which as I just said is close to nil) from some super night he has.

Now I doubt anyone gives a sh!t about my opinion but we can't play it safe or we'll never go anywhere. Oduya, Bergfors, Palmieri, and a 2nd would be more like it.

I don't know about any other teams compared to us but we have an amazing future. Jofeson, Tendenby, Corrente, Urbom, Zharkov, Bergfors, Vasy, Palmieri, Eckford, Halichuk, and even Fraser. A lot of these guys have potiental if they work at it to become legit NHL'ers but not all of them in a Dev's sweater.

Maybe a three way deal would work for us? Some how we get Frolov and Kubina and Kovie goes to Hollywood? All it takes is one more player from another team for Waddell to pull the trigger.

At this point, though, would teams really be that surprised and say, "hey, this guy's actually pretty good! The ridiculous trade request Waddell threw at me yesterday is suddenly looking quite OK now that I know that Kovalchuk is actually a good player!"

Let's be honest, everyone in the NHL knows what Kovalchuk is bringing to the table. Waddell is risking much more by playing Kovalchuk than any possible gain (which as I just said is close to nil) from some super night he has.

+1. If he plays tomorrow, Waddell is just being stupid....

when teams are in competition with one another to land a big chip like this, they can get very stupid. i think doing anything to enhance the possibility that they all up the ante on one another is worth doing.

mostly i hate the 'he might get injured!' line of thinking, which is so pervasive - michael kay talks about it all the time, and he sounds like the complete pussywillow that he is.

Edited by Triumph

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.