Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

I dunno, it's odd that the Thrashers' GM and assistant GM would come a combined three times to our games in a short period if all we were trading for was a Reasoner or Todd White type. Even Kubina probably wouldn't require this much deliberation, plus Atlanta claims they're not dumping anyway.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's been ALMOST THIRTY MINUTES since something got posted here! Flames, meet fan:

Kevin Allen, USA Today:

@kausatoday Told the Kovalchuk deal is going to happen tonight. Stay tuned.

Kovalchuk in red and black tomorrow night? :P

There is no credibilty to this what so ever but on NJ Fourms a poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out. No credibility but ya never know. The guy is from NJ.

offtopic: http://twitter.com/darrendreger

Edited by Par99

Kovalchuk in red and black tomorrow night? :P

I gave my tickets for that game to my boss because I'm going for a conference in Philly.. If Kovy were to start tomorrow night I'd skip the conference, track my boss down, and steal the tickets back

There is no credibilty to this what so ever but on NJ Fourms a poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out. No credibility but ya never know. The guy is from NJ.

offtopic: http://twitter.com/darrendreger

Oh please! I have a roommate from college who's sister slept with a guy once who knew this girl that was Kovalchuk's sister's friend's aunt's cousin from back in Russia....they said Kovy to NJ is a done deal!

Because it's been ALMOST THIRTY MINUTES since something got posted here! Flames, meet fan:

Kevin Allen, USA Today:

@kausatoday Told the Kovalchuk deal is going to happen tonight. Stay tuned.

TLA, i was about to post this and make some reference to Chum into the Feeding Frenzy. But well played sir

that's even better than the caa security guard.

I gave my tickets for that game to my boss because I'm going for a conference in Philly.. If Kovy were to start tomorrow night I'd skip the conference, track my boss down, and steal the tickets back

Heh, that's funny because tomorrow night is one of the maybe 10 games I go to a year :P

This post is either brilliant or the best unintentional comedy on this entire thread.

In either case, congratulations to you, sir.

Heh, that's funny because tomorrow night is one of the maybe 10 games I go to a year :P

Aw man we could have gone to a bar before the game and hung out :(:cheers:

Hmm that's a pretty bold statement. Let's see if he's correct.

This sh!t's heating up!!!

well if this is true, at least this mess will be over soon. i'm going to predict kovalchuk to the rangers for redden, drury, voros, rissmiller, and valiquette

In which case I guess I just saw 1/2 of the Rangers team last night at the Lowell game.

well if this is true, at least this mess will be over soon. i'm going to predict kovalchuk to the rangers for redden, drury, voros, rissmiller, and valiquette

I would be so pissed. Not because they got Kovalchuk, but because they offload Redden and Drury. Luckily, there's no GM in the league that would take those contracts for free, let alone for Kovalchuk.

well if this is true, at least this mess will be over soon.

i don't think njdevs can take another DAY of this, let alone a month. for the sake of these poor posters, something needs to happen either way.

i fear the server will implode if we DO get kovalchuk.

i also fear the server will implode if we don't get kovalchuk. basically, dm, i apologize for what is about to happen to your board.

Phil Esposito and Matt Laughlin just offered their two cents on XM's POWER PLAY:

PHIL:

"There is no way, zero chance of Kovy going to NJ. It would be extremely out of character for Louie Lams and go against his belief of giving up a boatload for a rental. He won't sign there because it would violate the unwritten law that no makes more than either Elias or Brodeur unless they EARN it in a Devils uniform."

MATT:

"Agreed. I can't see that as a possibility"

While technically true, Rolston, makes virtually the same as Marty. Also, the going assumption if you make this deal is that Kovalchuk takes you to at least the conference finals, at which point he would earn to be the highest paid player on the team. Again though, the big issue will become that Parise will have to get close to the same contract since their offensive numbers are very similar, and Zach is the captain in waiting.

Really it comes down to what the asking price is now.

i don't think njdevs can take another DAY of this, let alone a month. for the sake of these poor posters, something needs to happen either way.

i fear the server will implode if we DO get kovalchuk.

i also fear the server will implode if we don't get kovalchuk. basically, dm, i apologize for what is about to happen to your board.

DM is loving it.. Traffic doubled the day this thread was started

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.