Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys expect the media people to say? They want you to keep checking their blogs and their twitters. If they said "he won't be traded until after the Olympics" then all of this dies down and they lose traffic.

They just need accept Pando, Mottou and a 5th round pick already.

This is like the Souray saga on steroids.

lolz, it better have a happier ending or people will storm the Rock tomorrow like it's Bastille Day. Especially if the rat******** across the Hudson get him.

Then again it is probably a 'good' thing we DIDN'T sign Souray, so maybe I should say hopefully this has a happy ending too :P

What do you guys expect the media people to say? They want you to keep checking their blogs and their twitters. If they said "he won't be traded until after the Olympics" then all of this dies down and they lose traffic.

They just need accept Pando, Mottou and a 5th round pick already.

I think it almost has to go down tonight though, I mean Waddell was basically greasing the skids already slamming Kovy for not taking the contract plus basically every team plays tomorrow so nobody wants to risk injury happening to kill the deal.

The fact that he turned out the ATL offer shows that he doesnt just care about money because no team is going to offer him more money than ATL did. So, i dont think the reputation he has about not wanting to win or just wanting money are true. Maybe we could re-sign him afterall if we traded for him.

This goes against what has been printed in a number of places the last few days. First, Kovy evidently told ATL he wanted to stay in ATL, but....2nd, Kovy's agents told ATL they wanted 10 to 12 years at the 11.2 MIL per year mark or he wouldn't sign, end of story. ATL didn't offer that, and he's walking. All this shows is that he wants the cash first and formost. It has nothing to do with ATL, which he professes to like, or winning, which as far as I know he's never mentioned and neither have his agents. It has been "here's my mark, reach it or say goodbye". Atlanta has made several close attempts, but he and his team are not budging an inch just like they said they wouldn't.

Like I said a few hours ago (maybe 15 pages ago now?), at age 26, he likely wants THE BIG CASH now, and not later or never. Maybe when he gets to be 35 he'll take less to get his name on a cup, but right now EVERYTHING points to him wanting the big, huge, stratospheric payday. Not just big, not just huge, but literally 10 to 12 years at 11.2 minimum each and not a penny less.

This is starting to get crazy. Lou get it done you sneaky s.o.b.!!

If Kovalchuk doesn't come here I'm going to put live Lobsters in all of the mailboxes on my block. Don't fvck with me Lou.

Edited by SickMan

i don't think njdevs can take another DAY of this, let alone a month. for the sake of these poor posters, something needs to happen either way.

I'm not going back and re-reading 39 pages, but has anyone yet mentioned how much this feels like "Souray to the Devils all but done" NHLline.ca-gate from a few years back? Coz hot dog, it does.

Who is that guy anyway?

bruce garrioch. writes for the sun. he's an idiot.

I'm not going back and re-reading 39 pages, but has anyone yet mentioned how much this feels like "Souray to the Devils all but done" NHLline.ca-gate from a few years back? Coz hot dog, it does.

been there, done that. GET FRESH MATERIAL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.