OT-Snow attack MK II

Neutral Zone Trap

Last of the snow finally stopped here. Measured and we got 14.5" not too bad!

Where you at in Jackson Scoops? I live there too.

Near the Stop and Shop. :) about 1/2 mile. Toss me an PM if you want to hit up a game or two. I have a regular friend who goes to the games with me but sometimes she doesn't have the funds. I'm always looking to head up to the Rock.

Laterz.

Scoops

My roommate and I spent about 4 combined hours digging out our cars and driveway today, plus another half hour plus pushing a car down our block. The guy could not drive... we kept getting him on the tracks and he kept oversteering right back into the loose snow. Frustrating...

Yeah, I'm disappointed by this snowpocalypse. I'm in Carteret and we've got maybe 3 or 5 inches. Boring.

You southerners are hogging all the snow this year! Toms River is the new "north and west of the city" :lol:

Ugh, if you want it you can have it. I work at a Marina and shoveling snow out of boats for the next 3-5 days is not my idea of fun, especially considering this is the 3rd time I will have to do it.

Though I will say the 1st time was definitely worse. Definitely over a foot on the ground but the storm in December was a lot worse.

Out here in the western 'burgh 'burbs (where it appears I got ~20" total), I was without power for 21 hours (4 AM Sat - 1 AM Sun) and without water for 15 1/2 (6:30 PM Sat - 10 AM Sun). Fun fun! And while most roads are currently fine, the only road in and out of my apartment complex is still snow-covered as of this moment and not real fun to drive. :P Oh yeah, we also have a new winter storm watch for another storm that's supposed to come through Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday. They're not giving a real estimated amount yet, just 6+". I guess we'll see...

Fun. I don't even know if Pittsburgh owns a plow. I got stuck again turning from one main road onto another main road. After 2-3 light cycles, some folks behind me finally decided to give me a push. This really makes me miss my Jeep. Now I'm in Cleveland where it's not nearly as bad. I'm sure the Pgh streets will be terrible even when I get back. Originally some of the universities were going to open today, but the city urged them to stay closed. My girlfriend still had to go to work, and no buses were running. After 2 days, especially 2 days with the sun blaring, the streets should be relatively clear. C'mon, Pittsburgh.

Out here in the western 'burgh 'burbs (where it appears I got ~20" total), I was without power for 21 hours (4 AM Sat - 1 AM Sun) and without water for 15 1/2 (6:30 PM Sat - 10 AM Sun). Fun fun! And while most roads are currently fine, the only road in and out of my apartment complex is still snow-covered as of this moment and not real fun to drive. :P Oh yeah, we also have a new winter storm watch for another storm that's supposed to come through Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday. They're not giving a real estimated amount yet, just 6+". I guess we'll see...

You wear your title well Googer.

Accuweather has a warning on the forecast for us now. Guess we are going to get it again.

Damn, I just used the last of my salt. I guess I gotta join the other wackies at the Depot.

It's amazing how some of you guys had over 2 feet of snow over the last few days and I had nary a flake here in NYC. Evidently, we should be getting some accumulation on Wednesday, though, so that'll be fun. Luckily, it's not the biggest deal in the world in Manhattan...getting around is obviously a little tougher with buses and taxis getting stuck, but the subway should be fine.

My biggest concern will be getting to the Flyers game...if the PATH is as disasterous in the snow as Deke says it is, this is going to be a rough trip.

So here in Pgh the roads are still a mess, people are still getting stuck, the city convinced the universities to stay closed tomorrow, AND we're supposed to get hit with another 6-10" from tomorrow afternoon to early Wednesday. Grrrreeeatttt. Luckily I can work from home. I feel bad for hourly workers who have to get to work to make money.