GDT: Devils @ Flyers

MadDog2020

Wow, guys I know we are frustrated and looking for a goat.... but do you guys seriouslly think that Mike Mottau is the key to all the problems on this team?

No one player is going to fix this, not Mottau (or his absence), not Martin, and not King Ilya.

This is an issue of a defense with only 3 guys every to play 82 games in a season, none of which usually plays 20+.

For the record, I think that sitting Mike for a game might do some good - get him some rest - then everyone can find someone else to be the goat.

I'm all for beating up on this team, and Mike deserves his fair share, but there is a lot of dead weight on this squad.

Why guys like Pelley and Zharkov are sitting in favor of tired vets is beyond me. I know folks don't like Pelley but really - How much worse could it be really?

.....at the very least it spreads the wealth and lets some guys get a rest.

I don't think Motts is the SOLE problem by any means. But getting his ass up in the press box would be a nice start. I also hope to see Rolston SCRATCHED for a couple of games too. Lets see some hungry rookies in the lineup and see what they can do. Rolston looks like he has a load of sh!t in his pants with cinder blocks in his skates. I would much rather see Pelley and/or Zharkov than Pando and Rollie. I hope the next game we see a lineup shakeup. The squad we put on the ice tonight was just atrocious.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at MSG on Saturday and I got bottles thrown at me and cursed at for a team that plays like this???? That loses games like this???

Seriously, f*uck Rob Nydermieyer..the guy hasn't done anything for this team and Jamie needs to start shooting the puck..WOW what a step back from last year.

This team has too much talent to be the worst first place team in the league. Something needs to be done, and now, not later, because Marty isn't getting any younger and obviously after tonight, we can tell he's not getting any faster.

For as long as I have been a Devils fan, I have never seen a Devils team like this, that does not finish a period, that does not finish a game, nor have I seen them go 1-9 in a 10 game span, and to add salt to the wound, definitely never saw Marty give up 2 goals in a 30 second time span two games in a row and it seems like it's happend alot more than twice this year, especially of late.

Between that and giving up leads, taking bad penalties, and almost losing to a pathetic (don't care about the trades) Toronto team three times in one week.. they're lucky if they even make the playoffs..and trust me..every team that's in it right now is licking their chops to play an easy first round team like the Devils, because they aren't scaring anyone and neither is the pathetic home ice advantage.

As for Rob Niedermayer I think Lou would have been better off resigning John Madden for ONLY the $1M Chicago gave him for one year... At least Madden and Pandolfo has had all these years of chemistry on the PK and the 3rd line. I am starting to believe now the only reason Rob Niedermayer was signed was to lure his brother Scott Niedermayer to comeback to New Jersey via a possible trade. Otherwise Rob Niedermayer is a downgrade from John Madden! Fvck!

I was at MSG on Saturday and I got bottles thrown at me and cursed at for a team that plays like this???? That loses games like this???

Seriously, f*uck Rob Nydermieyer..the guy hasn't done anything for this team and Jamie needs to start shooting the puck..WOW what a step back from last year.

This team has too much talent to be the worst first place team in the league. Something needs to be done, and now, not later, because Marty isn't getting any younger and obviously after tonight, we can tell he's not getting any faster.

For as long as I have been a Devils fan, I have never seen a Devils team like this, that does not finish a period, that does not finish a game, nor have I seen them go 1-9 in a 10 game span, and to add salt to the wound, definitely never saw Marty give up 2 goals in a 30 second time span two games in a row and it seems like it's happend alot more than twice this year, especially of late.

Between that and giving up leads, taking bad penalties, and almost losing to a pathetic (don't care about the trades) Toronto team three times in one week.. they're lucky if they even make the playoffs..and trust me..every team that's in it right now is licking their chops to play an easy first round team like the Devils, because they aren't scaring anyone and neither is the pathetic home ice advantage.

My guess is you became a fan after 2003 or are just too young then. Relax. It's fvcking February. Love the name though.

Edited by MadDog2020

Jeez, some real overreacting yet again from some people. Are people really doubting the team makes the playoffs now? That's just ridiculous.

That being said, Mottau and White need to be split up. Pando, Rolston, and Niedermayer need to be shot out of cannons.

What bothers me most is that Salmela got knocked out, and not only did the team not rally around him, they totally wilted. No heart from some of these guys, and it sucks. Say what you will about Kovi, but he stuck up for his teammate against the Rags.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I don't think Motts is the SOLE problem by any means. But getting his ass up in the press box would be a nice start. I also hope to see Rolston SCRATCHED for a couple of games too. Lets see some hungry rookies in the lineup and see what they can do. Rolston looks like he has a load of sh!t in his pants with cinder blocks in his skates. I would much rather see Pelley and/or Zharkov than Pando and Rollie. I hope the next game we see a lineup shakeup. The squad we put on the ice tonight was just atrocious.

lol!

its all Mottau's fault why we lost. its also Mottau's fault when Salmela got hit. its always Mottau's fault. even the unemployment is Mottau's fault.

...Also, on a more serious note, why isnt Kovalchuk scoring? Does he get a free pass be he is Kovalchuk?

As for Rob Niedermayer I think Lou would have been better off resigning John Madden for ONLY the $1M Chicago gave him for one year... At least Madden and Pandolfo has had all these years of chemistry on the PK and the 3rd line. I am starting to believe now the only reason Rob Niedermayer was signed was to lure his brother Scott Niedermayer to comeback to New Jersey via a possible trade. Otherwise Rob Niedermayer is a downgrade from John Madden! Fvck!

yea Rob Niedermayer Sucks! :giggle:

Losing to the Rangers always blows, but right now it's not necessarily about wins and losses. It's about getting players healthy and getting Kovalchuck acclimated and comfortable. Lou getting this deal done early is a huge bonus, in that regard.

If the Devils win tonight, great...if they don't, well, losing's never fun to watch, but I think we're going to have to be a little patient here, and let Lemaire figure things out.

GO DEVILS!

fvck Rolston!

Standing by this.

Give this team some time. I know it ain't easy, and I hate the losses piling up as much as anyone, but I can't take the sky is falling, no one knows what he's doing approach. Lou made a hell of a trade, and Lemaire knows a little something about coaching. I've got to allow both hockey minds to figure this out...April is still a ways off.

Standing by this.

Give this team some time. I know it ain't easy, and I hate the losses piling up as much as anyone, but I can't take the sky is falling, no one knows what he's doing approach. Lou made a hell of a trade, and Lemaire knows a little something about coaching. I've got to allow both hockey minds to figure this out...April is still a ways off.

I agree, we just have to ride this out. I do hope things start showing signs of coming together before the break, but it may not.

I was saying this trying to prevent myself from being way too optimistic a few months ago and now I'm saying the same to keep myself calm: it doesn't matter how you played in October, December or February. It only matters how you play in April/May (assuming you DID play good enough to make the playoffs, but that's not an issue with the Devils). The team showed it can beat anybody when it plays its best hockey. Now it's showing us it can lose to anybody, too. So every scenario is possible, from winnig the Stanley Cup to getting swept in the 1st round.

It's up to Lemaire to make sure the team is ready when the time is right. Everyone was parising him when Jersey was playing well, now a lot of fans are criticizing him (rightfully). He has to show he is the right person and he can do the job. This team doesn't have to win the President's Trophy, it doesn't even have to win the division. It has to build the good shape for the playoffs and there is plenty of time left (including the Olympic break, which can be only good for the Devils, while teams like Washington might suffer from it by losing momentum).

I'm as annoyed as anyone. The rivalries are a big thing for me and losing to both the Rangers and the Flyers in such a short span (just like the first two games of the season) is PAINFUL to watch, especially with NJ unable to hold on to the lead. It also means we lose points, and that's never good. So, of course, I'm unhappy about the team right now and I'd rather it played great now. But because it doesn't, it doesn't necessarily mean we're going nowhere. The Penguins were out of the playoffs at this time of year last season. Look where they finished.

Edited by Revan

Kovy does look like he's trying too hard, but he's the last guy I'm worried about. Same goes for Jamie.

Rolston is a lost cause. Niedermayer, most likely is too. I'm fine with Pando for the most part, as long as his minutes are 11 and under.

The defense is a bit of a trainwreck right now, the Olympic break will help them a lot.

I was saying this trying to prevent myself from being way too optimistic a few months ago and now I'm saying the same to keep myself calm: it doesn't matter how you played in October, December or February. It only matters how you play in April/May (assuming you DID play good enough to make the playoffs, but that's not an issue with the Devils). The team showed it can beat anybody when it plays its best hockey. Now it's showing us it can lose to anybody, too. So every scenario is possible, from winnig the Stanley Cup to getting swept in the 1st round.

It's up to Lemaire to make sure the team is ready when the time is right. Everyone was parising him when Jersey was playing well, now a lot of fans are criticizing him (rightfully). He has to show he is the right person and he can do the job. This team doesn't have to win the President's Trophy, it doesn't even have to win the division. It has to build the good shape for the playoffs and there is plenty of time left (including the Olympic break, which can be only good for the Devils, while teams like Washington might suffer from it by losing momentum).

I'm as annoyed as anyone. The rivalries are a big thing for me and losing to both the Rangers and the Flyers in such a short span (just like the first two games of the season) is PAINFUL to watch, especially with NJ unable to hold on to the lead. It also means we lose points, and that's never good. So, of course, I'm unhappy about the team right now and I'd rather it played great now. But because it doesn't, it doesn't necessarily mean we're going nowhere. The Penguins were out of the playoffs at this time of year last season. Look where they finished.

yeah mcammond's okay, but niedermayer is terrible. if the devils could deal halischuk a 4th and r. niedermayer for d. moore and j. leopold i'd be ecstatic.

Absolutely. Bit wishful thinking there with leopold though.

One other thing: The Devils have to start getting the puck down low more often. These perimiter shots arent going to cut it all the time. Get the puck down low, get a good cycle and crash the net.

If they could trade Niedermayer for an Oompa Loompa and a pack of swiffer dusters, I'd start a parade.

as bad as niedermayer is, he's really only blocking mcammond, and mcammond's not very good either.

devlman: not that big on wishful thinking, although i guess more would have to be put in from the devils' side - maybe a 2nd in 2011