GDT-Flyers @ Devils-Revenge Edition.

Neutral Zone Trap

PhiladelphiaFlyers.gif@New_Jersey_Devils_logosmiley.png

Preview

Season Series: Not only will this be the fifth of six meetings this season, but the 100th between the two clubs in New Jersey. The Flyers hold a 3-1-0 lead in the series this campaign with the most recent triumph coming on Monday at Wachovia Center when the club rallied from a two-goal deficit to score a 3-2 victory -- the game-winner coming on the power-play off the stick of forward Mike Richards at 12:02 of the third period. The Devils won the most recent meeting at Prudential Center on Dec. 12, 4-1, when Patrik Elias connected twice and goalie Martin Brodeur stopped 22 of 23 shots.

Big Story: Since making his debut in a Devils jersey on Friday in a 4-3 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs, wing Ilya Kovalchuk has yet to notch that first goal with his new team. Still, Kovalchuk has taken 18 shots while averaging just over 24 minutes of ice time in three games since the Devils acquired him from the Atlanta Thrashers on Feb. 4. Kovalchuk took nine shots against the Flyers on Monday.

"He's trying so much to score and he's squeezing the stick a little bit," Devils coach Jacques Lemaire said following his team's loss to the Flyers. "He's so anxious to contribute the way he can, by scoring goals, but his game is fine. It's just a matter of time that he's going to feel better and get better shots."

Prudential_Center_ice.jpg

Last but not least

GetCarter.jpg:evil:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually think i hate the flyers more than the rangers this year...when the hell is clarkson getting back in action???

if they dress peters and leblonde they sure as hell better step up if the flyers are head hunting like last game...they should makecarter answer the bell for what he did...for sure!

Beat these motherfvckers senseless. :gd:

If this team doesnt come out with a passion tonight and kick the crap out of that team they are really in more than a slump as far as I am concerned. That being said I want to see them not only light up the scoreboard, but throw the body around hit somebody, make it an old fashioned rear end kicking tonight!!

Maybe we can even see a few Flyers like this?

scott-stevens.jpg

GO DEVILS :gd::gd::gd:

Edited by PaDevsFan

I'm pumped for this one!! I hope all you can get to the game and back safely.

Anybody here a member of the 334 club?

On January 22, 1987 a major blizzard struck New Jersey the night the Devils were hosting the Calgary Flames. Game was on and only 334 fans showed up and a clipboard circulated around the arena and anyone who was there is a member of the 334 club. This story is from Tales from the Devil Ice by Chico Resch and Mike Kerwick.

Was anyone there that night?

Edited by Par99