NJDevs Fantasy Baseball League?

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which format should the league be?

• Head to Head- total points
    • Head to Head- One win
    • Rotisserie
  2. 2. What kind of draft?

• Normal serpentine draft
    • Auction draft

Just noticed that Yahoo has opened Fantasy baseball, and after doing some searching, it doesn't look like there's an official NJDevs Fantasy League. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm not, I will be more than willing to run it. So anybody interested? 12 teams is the most we should do, so if there is interest, first 11 guys would get spots, and we could work out details from there.

Just for clarification:

Head to head points is scored like fantasy football, where you just add up player points.

Head to head wins is where you go head to head in each statistical category (BA, ERA, homers, etc.) and you get a win for each. So Team 1 could have a higher BA, ERA, and steals, but Team 2 could have more hits, better Whip. So if those were all the categories (which is just an example, not necessarily what the league will be) Team 1 has a 3-2 record for the week and Team 2 a 2-3.

Edited by RSC

Just noticed that Yahoo has opened Fantasy baseball, and after doing some searching, it doesn't look like there's an official NJDevs Fantasy League. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm not, I will be more than willing to run it. So anybody interested? 12 teams is the most we should do, so if there is interest, first 11 guys would get spots, and we could work out details from there.

Yeah, what the hell, count me in.

Bump, with a question. I'm going to edit the first post and make it a poll- head to head or rotisserie? Personally, I don't mind, but I know that some people do. Only vote if you are going to join the league...still post in here if you want to.

Sounds good, Value. And lastone, head to head is where you face on particular person in the league every week and Rotisserie is you just set your lineup and accumulate stats all year, and whoever is on top of the standings at the end of the year wins. I'm really, really bad at describing stuff, sorry :lol: I'm gonna look for better definitions.

Edit: here's Yahoo's FAQ on rotisserie leagues http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/baseball/rules/brules-05.html

Edited by RSC

Sounds good, Value. And lastone, head to head is where you face on particular person in the league every week and Rotisserie is you just set your lineup and accumulate stats all year, and whoever is on top of the standings at the end of the year wins. I'm really, really bad at describing stuff, sorry :lol: I'm gonna look for better definitions.

Edit: here's Yahoo's FAQ on rotisserie leagues http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/baseball/rules/brules-05.html

That's pretty much what I expected but wasn't 100% sure. I guess I'd prefer head-to-head but it really doesn't matter much to me.

I'm in. I hate Roties. for baseball it is annoying to me. Head to Head Total Points is the way. Specific stats make it rought sometimes as well. Just my two cents but i'm in regardless.

Sounds good, Red.

And Value, I'm going to create the league in a few minutes. I can always change stuff later, but for now I'm going to make it as the poll dictates. So we're up to 6 members now.

• 2 weeks later...