Should #18 be retired?

cubanjd305

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should #18 be retired?

• Yes
    • No

#26??

I think 26 will eventually go up too, but it will likely be after Niedermayer and Marty...

It's a player like Brylin that I feel the Devils should have some sort of honorary system. I know other teams have them as well. It would be great for him, pando, niedermayer, etc. I always felt a player that left or was traded should be retired.

Niedermayer will have a banner for sure, no "Ring of Honor" for #27...

I think 26 will eventually go up too, but it will likely be after Niedermayer and Marty...

Niedermayer will have a banner for sure, no "Ring of Honor" for #27...

I'm sure about Elias and Brodeur (duh).

Not sure if I'd actually like Scotty...idk...he's played so long for the Ducks....

Yeah, Niedermayer's played a whopping 3 years for the Ducks.

The Rangers have more of an excuse to retire Graves' #9 than the Devils have for #18 (and we all know how much we roasted the Rangers for doing that).

As mentioned before I'd love to see both a Devils HOF/Ring of Honor and a New Jersey Hockey HOF to honor the state's growing hockey heritage.

Simple question. Don't know if (or how many times) it has been asked since I'm a rookie, but I'd like to know if you guys consider that Brylin's number should be hanging next to Stevens' and Dano's.

I for one I'm all for it.

Love the Sarge, but I'm afraid not. Great Devil, but not worthy of a jersey retirement.

Edited by MadDog2020

This is coming from a guy who has/had a mancrush on Sarge.. I don't think he's banner worthy. I would love for it to happen, but as stated before he wasnt as much of an impact player. But yea def agree with an honor thing.

And I just bought a Sarge game worn jersey today, and who shows up at the goal bar during the game tonight.. SARGE! I was in 229, should have went to the gb to see him.

Compare him to Daneyko in terms of stats longevity:

DANEYKO BRYLIN

Career Devils YES YES

Consistency YES YES

Goals Edge to Brylin

Assists Edge to Brylin

Points Edge to Brylin

Showed Heart Edge to Daneyko

Playoff Games Edge to Daneyko

Versitale Edge to Brylin

Game Winning Goals Edge to Brylin

1995 Cup Team YES YES

2000 Cup Team YES YES

2003 Cup Team YES YES

Unsung Hero Awards Edge to Brylin

Years played Edge to Daneyko

So basically other than years played, his heart, games playerd, and playoff games played, Brylin matches or surpasses Daneyko. Daneyko fought which won him fans, but are they really all that different?

He will be the ONLY player to win 3 cups with them and not have name retired. Very sad.

Does seem unfair to have #3, #4, #27, #30 up there and leave #18 out (or down). Dano said it himself in the interview with Sarge, "..WE are not in the superstar category as Stevens, Niedermayer, and Brodeur..."

.....and this is post number 18 :lol:

Edited by cubanjd305

Try 5

And Scott Stevens played 8 years in Washington, 1 in Saint Louis, moaned publically about originally coming to NJ, and then signed an offer sheet go go back to Saint Louis. That didn't stop nor should it have stopped his number from going up.

And Scott Stevens played 8 years in Washington, 1 in Saint Louis, moaned publically about originally coming to NJ, and then signed an offer sheet go go back to Saint Louis. That didn't stop nor should it have stopped his number from going up.

Some people here like NOT to read. I didn't say it wasn't going to happen or that he didn't deserve it....I said I didn't feel like it

Edited by cubanjd305

Compare him to Daneyko in terms of stats longevity:

DANEYKO BRYLIN

Career Devils YES YES

Consistency YES YES

Goals Edge to Brylin

Assists Edge to Brylin

Points Edge to Brylin

Showed Heart Edge to Daneyko

Playoff Games Edge to Daneyko

Versitale Edge to Brylin

Game Winning Goals Edge to Brylin

1995 Cup Team YES YES

2000 Cup Team YES YES

2003 Cup Team YES YES

Unsung Hero Awards Edge to Brylin

Years played Edge to Daneyko

So basically other than years played, his heart, games playerd, and playoff games played, Brylin matches or surpasses Daneyko. Daneyko fought which won him fans, but are they really all that different?

He will be the ONLY player to win 3 cups with them and not have name retired. Very sad.

Brylin was never the "Symbol of the Franchise" that Danayko became. Danayko represented the transition of the franchise from the "Mickey Mouse" daze, through the upstart 87-88 team, to being the best franchise in the Eastern Conference.