GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes 7:00 PM EST

Devil Fan

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having some pretty scary flashbacks. I'm probably one of the few posters here who remembers the real

crappy Devils teams of the early and mid 80's.

ROLLIE,(Winky rolleyes.gif ) scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember the '85-'86 team, and this team is far better. they're not showing it lately, but they have the talent.

You're talking like I was some kind of Lemaire's big advocate on the boards and I'm not sure why.

I was giving Jacques the benefit of the doubt after the wonderful first half of the season, after actually doubting him initially. I was against bringing him in and I was really surprised seeing the Devils owning everybody. Obviously, a month and a half of consistent losing is way too much for me.

Also, the line shuffling has been irritating. It looked like they finally clicked in the Nashville game, why did he change lines again before tognith? Then again, I'm not saying anything new here.

A goal by Zajac, good. If only we hadn't been robbed by Toronto, we would still have a decent chance at pulling a miraculous come back.

My bad I thought I remember you being a strong advocate of his.

Now for the Olympic Break. Hopefully this team gets the rest they need and both Clarkson and Martin return right after. I hate how this team has so much scoring potential but their passing is sloppy as hell, they also aren't being physical enough and getting to any rebounds and they've been lacking defensively as well.

Well gentleman, lets turn off the tube, sit back for the next 16 days, and breathe. Just forget what we've witnessed the last month and a half, and hope and pray they come back refreshed, focused,(No Olympic distraction), and ready to ride the 2010 playoff wave!!!!

"When you've hit rock bottom, . . . you can only go up!"

:burn::gd::yea::burn:

Ok so here is what I'm saying about our PP. Check it out! It scores and how? The point man sneaks down and receives a seam pass instead of playing it in a more steady cycle/point to point puck rotation. We need to see this more. Good on the coaching staff to get Rollie out there to want to get his back, good on every man involved in the play, and good on Rollie to get down low to the scoring area with his stick on the right side.

How on earth are the forwards killing the 5 on 3 not standing down the bench by the d-men? Seriously?

Turn off the tube? OLYMPICS TIME

mottau seems to always be flailing away like helen keller or a fish out of water around the crease on half of these goals.

why would they healthy scratch macammond and play special nieds or pandawful???

I would rather they played the lowell defence rather than the sh!t that's stinking up the house presently...

mottau seems to always be flailing away like helen keller or a fish out of water around the crease on half of these goals.

why would they healthy scratch macammond and play special nieds or pandawful???

I would rather they played the lowell defence rather than the sh!t that's stinking up the house presently...

Officially McAmmond was not a healthy scratch, he got left back in Jersey because of an upper body issue. Unofficially I wouldn't have minded if the Devils had told him to stay home after he had a dreadful game last night, I counted at least three ridiculously bad turnovers.

I'm absolutely livid with this sh!t show. I don't know anyone can not be?

I mean you can come up with any excuses you want. How the hell is this team the worst in the league on the power play over the last month and a half with these players? How? Put someone in front of the fvcking net Lemaire!!!

How the hell can you suck so bad on the penalty kill?

Its gotten so bad that I cant actually watch the games anymore. I go crazy sitting there watching them fvck every play up. This is just like late 2005 all over again.

Rolston, Pandolfo, Mottau, Niedermayer Don't come back after the Olympics. Please.

Here's to hoping Lamoriello doesn't bring back any ex-Devils (players and coaches). Enough already with the 1995 reunion tour...

As I said before, this team is built like a finesse defensive team with the capacity to score 1-2 goals per game. But right now, the defense is just as putrid as the offense. So we're fvcked. If we see the Hurricanes in round one, we will get swept. Mark my words.

I picked a good one to miss, apparently. Thank god for the 16 day break, hopefully Martin and Clarkson are healthy and ready to play. Will probably have to start at square one with Kovalchuk again after he storms all over the place with Ovechkin and Malkin, but we didn't get too far past square one anyway...

and the trade deadline is only a couple of "days" away, so we should be set going forward after the Sharks game. get off to a good start in those two games, and maybe we'll be able to give Danis a build-up game against the Oilers and move ahead from there

I picked a good one to miss, apparently. Thank god for the 16 day break, hopefully Martin and Clarkson are healthy and ready to play. Will probably have to start at square one with Kovalchuk again after he storms all over the place with Ovechkin and Malkin, but we didn't get too far past square one anyway...

and the trade deadline is only a couple of "days" away, so we should be set going forward after the Sharks game. get off to a good start in those two games, and maybe we'll be able to give Danis a build-up game against the Oilers and move ahead from there

Lemaire cant coach a superstar. He cant even coach a mediocre player. We need him out.

Lemaire cant coach a superstar. He cant even coach a mediocre player. We need him out.

*facepalm*

He coached gaborik for quite a few years did he not? Seemed like gabby did just fine...

FIRE THE COACH!

GET RID OF HALF OUR ROSTER! CUZ THEY SUCK!!!

SIT MARTY CUZ WE ALL KNOW BETTER THAN HE DOES THAT HE'S REALLLLLLLLYYYY TIREEDDDDD

Quick, someone hit the panic button!

Jesus people, these GDT's aren' worth reading anymore when the team loses. People are so quick to bitch and moan about everything

it's going to be a long 16 days if it turns into a rant-a-thon. just let it go.

wait and see what happens when they come back. just getting Martin back will do wonders in the defensive retardation department, and maybe he'll be able to move the puck effectively too.

I don't like Lemaire, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he gets a full, non-gassed roster. that was a 6 in 9 and an ambush game. it would have been nice if they played better than they apparently did, but they didn't.