Martin or Kovy

Daniel

77 members have voted

1. 1. Resign Martin Or Kovy?

• Kovy
    • Martin

Probably cannot sign both this offseason. Assume both are willing to resign, Kovy with an $8 million cap hit, Martin with a $5 million cap hit, and also assume that each will be more or less as good as they are right now in light of age, years in the league, injury history etc.

While I imagine most will say Kovy, the answer is not as obvious as some might think. Good defensemen are at a premium these days, and of course Martin costs less, making it much easier to re-sign Parise and others down the road.

So who's it gonna be.

We have never had the offensive skills that kovy brings and will probably never will . martin is good but not great ..if you were talking stevens, neds, there would be an argument kovy is a great player.. they dont come around often. lou has to figure out a way to fix his rolston mistake

We have never had the offensive skills that kovy brings and will probably never will . martin is good but not great ..if you were talking stevens, neds, there would be an argument kovy is a great player.. they dont come around often. lou has to figure out a way to fix his rolston mistake

Absolutely agreed. Especially if he can relieve the team of Winky.

...but even w/Kovy...the defense needs to be retained/upgraded.

It does no good if no one can ever get Kovy the puck.

Martin, but we'll see what happens - we need to get rid of the Pando contract. Somehow someway, and if we can get rid of Rolston too, that would be a godsend - but I hate that guy so much.

Getting rid of Pando's cap hit isn't a problem if Lou were inclined to do so and if JV were willing to eat the contract; we could put him in Lowell. Rolston's deal is the real problem.

I like them both, but guys with Kovy's shot simply don't come around that often. I'd love to see Kony with the Devs for a full season, I think that would be awesome. So....find a way to keep 'em both, or keep Kovy.