Write To The Governor

BMARB

This may be an off- topic related item, but I just wrote to the Governor asking why we can't get signs that say Welcome to New Jersey, home of the Stanley Cup Champions the New Jersey Devils. I had wrote these requests in the past, and of course we still do not have any signs, but wouldn't it be great for the state to honor Our Team. I remember when the world cup was here, and I was traveling from PA back home, and as soon as I got into NJ on route 78 I saw a sign that said welcome to New Jersey home of the World Cup. I am pretty sure that was in 96, after we had already won the Stanley Cup. I think we should all send a letter asking why this can not be done, all you have to do is go to the web site www.state.nj.us/ and then you can send a message to the governor. I know we have the sign at 16 w, but let's get signs all over the major highways for everyone to see. Ratty :evil:

B, I understand your frustration, we all do. It can't hurt to try although I don't think it would do much. An automated response sent to your house or email about how your concerns were made aware to the governor, blah blah blah.

Best way to make him aware if he doesn't do something about this arena is at the ballot box! :evil: See ya, Jim, don't let the door hit ya in the arse. :hi:

Those that know me here, know I am a tad conservative......but what's killing me is all the Repubs do not want a Newark Arena....and McGreedy does.

Though he has not been good to NJ cops with bills he promised, he has to follow through and push the Newark Arena.......if not, the Devs are gone in 2007.

Those that know me here, know I am a tad conservative......

:lol: That's funny! "Tad" he says... :rolleyes:

but what's killing me is all the Repubs do not want a Newark Arena....and McGreedy does.

Though he has not been good to NJ cops with bills he promised, (boo!) he has to follow through and push the Newark Arena.......if not, the Devs are gone in 2007.

The bum is already here so do something useful before your time does run out. Better not say anymore. :evil:

What was the response?  Something like:

Due to our current economic climate, and budget constraints, we're unable to yadda yadda yadda...   :wacko:

Basically, sammy. I appreciate your taking time to contact me; if you have any other concerns, contact me; blah yadda yadda....sleeping-smiley-008.gif

Crumple crumple and in the trash it goes! :evil:

This may be an off- topic related item, but I just wrote to the Governor asking why we can't get signs that say Welcome to New Jersey, home of the Stanley Cup Champions the New Jersey Devils. I had wrote these requests in the past, and of course we still do not have any signs, but wouldn't it be great for the state to honor Our Team. I remember when the world cup was here, and I was traveling from PA back home, and as soon as I got into NJ on route 78 I saw a sign that said welcome to New Jersey home of the World Cup. I am pretty sure that was in 96, after we had already won the Stanley Cup. I think we should all send a letter asking why this can not be done, all you have to do is go to the web site www.state.nj.us/ and then you can send a message to the governor. I know we have the sign at 16 w, but let's get signs all over the major highways for everyone to see. Ratty :evil:

Ratty...there used to be signs coming out of the Lincoln Tunnel all the way past the Meadowlands on RT 3 when we were 2000 Champs...wonder if they will dew that again...I dew understand yer angst :(

Those that know me here, know I am a tad conservative......but what's killing me is all the Repubs do not want a Newark Arena....and McGreedy does.

TAD???  please don't insult the intelligence of this board....Repubs just want to be able to blame someone other than themselves if the outcome is bad....as for your DIG at the Gov....nice job the REPUBLICANS did of leaving the state bankrupt!!!

Though he has not been good to NJ cops with bills he promised, he has to follow through and push the Newark Arena.......if not, the Devs are gone in 2007.

If the bills affect you then it is not good if you can't get something MORE for nothing...try taking a break from every miniscule opportunity to rip at any politician you don't agree with...btw...you know where the WMD are??  Didn't think so

You have made it to my list...not that it makes an iota of difference to you :puke:

No one has run the state properly for some years now, both parties are to blame. Whtiman was God awful and should have been run out alot sooner but McGreevey doesn't seem to be doing much, either. He'll get some brownie points if he can keep our team in NJ with a new arena because my well being would be affected with no Devils! :evilcry:

Not that there aren't other state/county/town workers that don't deserve raises, too but depending upon the contract, I would agree with the police raises. Money cannot bring back a loved one but I do think, with some bias, that law enforcement should be compensated for the danger of the job and putting their lives on the line everyday for people they don't know and some scumbag who doesn't give a rat's about someone else's life. I know from experience that phone calls in the middle of the night and knowing my brother was working the same day two State Troopers were involved in a shootout, one Trooper a fatality from his barracks, is the worst feeling you can have and you think about it for days. :(

Back to the subject, let's get those congratulatory signs up, Jimbo! :evil: