GDT: Canada vs Switzerland

ThreeCups

so everyone makes the next round? this is like a regular season? i'd imagine the top 4 teams get a bye with Goal Differential being the difference?

Correct, the three group winners and the top-ranked second place team get byes, the other eight teams have to play off in four games.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or he may just return dejected, depressed and lacking any sort of confidence after losing what is probably his last olympics.

I think that would be more likely. I hope they win Silver (lose Gold Medal game to USA, but if it can't be USA I hope it is Canada) and that he comes back on fire to carry us to another CUP.

Nah, I doubt it. Marty's a competitor. I'm fairly sure he'll want to skullfvck people if things don't work out here.

Yeah, exactly how I feel. He'll be there to kick some ass and chew bubble gum...and he'll be all out of bubble gum!

Speaking of OT, it's one thing to use shootout in preliminary games, but what the hell are they thinking implementing shootout in medal games? Can you imagine if the gold medal is won through a shootout? It would be an embarrassment of epic proportions for hockey. If the NHL can eliminate shootouts in the playoffs, the olympics sure as hell can eliminate it for medal games.

Speaking of OT, it's one thing to use shootout in preliminary games, but what the hell are they thinking implementing shootout in medal games? Can you imagine if the gold medal is won through a shootout? It would be an embarrassment of epic proportions for hockey. If the NHL can eliminate shootouts in the playoffs, the olympics sure as hell can eliminate it for medal games.

It already has. Google the 1994 Olympics. One of the great Olympic hockey moments.

Edited by Z-Man

1994?

I remember everyone thinking that that was an awesome way to end the Gold medal game. Although I was only 12...

I was just talking about that yesterday actually. My family and I were in the car on the way back from Canada listening to it on the radio. Forsberg FTW

Edited by funetiklee

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=vNS0KOJ4xVk&v=ZIbLMBodWfw

They've been doing the shootout long before the NHL even thought of it. I think the shootout in general is more acceptable on a world stage than in America, though.