2010 Defending Champion New York Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

Joelsherman1

#Mariners backing off #Yankees offer, Post has learned. Does not look like #Yankees are in it.

Joelsherman1

#Mariners have turned in a different direction and #Yankees do not believe they are in it now (more to come)

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far We've just scored one.

Mike

The Yankees are good enough to win the WS without Lee...you don't give up your best prospect (and others) and can just sign him in the offseason anyway

Yankee fans have no reason to be upset

Agreed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Bullpen has blown a few leads so far. If there was more consistancy, we'd be 5 games up on Tampa for sure.

Joba needs to find whatever it was he had when he first came up or Girardi needs to find another 8th inning guy.

Mike

If we had a lick of consistency, we'd be far and away the best team in the league right now. But if my grandma had a cock, I'd call her grandpa.

Yeah but there were a lot of little injuries so a lot of guys probably don't have their rhythm fully, plus Tex and A Rod are starting to fully come around

I'm more concerned about Pettitte. I guess Mitre will fill Andy's spot in the rotation until either he returns or a more sutible replacement can be found. Maybe look at an Ivan Nova in triple A or someone like that?

Mike

Why would we want to move Hughes to the pen? Plus, I'm not willing to give up a tp prospect that it would take to get Lily or Haren here. I'd rather go with Mitre and pray.

Mike

It won't take anything close to a "top" prospect to get Lilly or Haren.

Huh? Dan Haren would absolutely cost top prospects. Hes one of the better pitchers in the NL and his contract is very team-friendly ($12.75M in 2011, $12.75M in 2012, $15.5M club option in 2013) for the kind of value hes worth. Judging by his WAR, he could easily get $15M+ per year on the open market, perhaps as much as $20M+ per if you judge him by his past 3 seasons. I'm sure the Diamondbacks will be smart enough to overlook the unlucky year hes had this season. But the point is, there is no question he would cost a lot.

Edited by nmigliore

It won't take anything close to a "top" prospect to get Lilly or Haren.

Yeah Haren't gonna cost way more than Lee. Probably Montero, a roster player like Gardner maybe and possibly something else. No dice

I guess it's true they come in 3's...

RIP Ralph Houk

Link

not to sound crass but at least it wasn't Yogi after he was falling in his house or whatever last week. Honestly I didn't even realize Houk was still alive

They're saying Dan Haren possibly to Yanks for Joba, and two other dudes. Dont remember their names.

yeah McAllister and Nova which the Yankees would probably have to do though Cashman apparently took Joba off the table this morning. He says they're nowhere close.

McAllister and Nova are back of the rotation at best so they're the type of midlevel prospects you harvest just to trade. But they see something in Joba and don't want to get rid of him. Montero's also not moving b/c apparently they don't see him worthy of as much as Lee was and they're probably right

If we traded Joba, I might just jizz my pants.

If it's for a young top of the rotation starter like Haren who was also elite in the AL with Oakland, you'd have to do it. Robertson or whoever pitches the 8th with Hughes doing it in the playoffs and Robertson back in his role now

They're saying Dan Haren possibly to Yanks for Joba, and two other dudes. Dont remember their names.

This is a trade I might have to think about, but would probably eventually do. Like someone else said the prospects that you give up aren't top (more like mid-level) prospects. The only problem is that the Yanks then HAVE TO get additional relievers to solidify the 7th and 8th innings, as opposed to now when it would help, but you don't need it if you believe Joba has the ability to come back.

This is a trade I might have to think about, but would probably eventually do. Like someone else said the prospects that you give up aren't top (more like mid-level) prospects. The only problem is that the Yanks then HAVE TO get additional relievers to solidify the 7th and 8th innings, as opposed to now when it would help, but you don't need it if you believe Joba has the ability to come back.

You could use Hughes to do it in the playoffs even though he was bad in the postseason last year and go with CC, Andy, AJ again or add Javy to make it 4 though I don't trust him at all

I'd love love love Scott Downs, just putting that out there.

I think it was Rosenthal that said they want the equivalent of the A level compensation they'd get for him if they just let him leave and nobody's going to give up a first and sandwich caliber player for a rental reliever, that's probably not going to happen. I'd love to have pretty much any of the three they're trading but him the most

Count out Haren.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/07/25/angels-trade-four-players-for-dan-haren/

Linked to the Yankees throughout the weekend, Haren was sent to Los Angeles for LHP Joe Saunders, LHP Patrick Corbin, RHP Rafael Rodriguez and player to be named later. The package is in keeping with what the Diamondbacks were rumored to be looking for: A young major league pitcher plus pitching prospects.