NJDevs4978

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to the fans, not very well. :P

They traded their 1st round pick (28th) to Anaheim for a couple of 2nd round picks and got LW Loui Ericksson from Sweden, W Vojtech Polak from Czech Rep., then Brandon Crombeen of the OHL, then Nickerson.

So it'll be awhile before any of those picks can help. The fans really wanted him to make a trade, but nothing happened.

Funny thing is I think I like the Devils' third round pick better than the second; I mean we have to get SOME size sometime, right? But of course all hail the Great Lou and Conte who know more than I do, yet another steal today :)

Ironic that our second round pick was the Holik compensation and our third round pick was part of the Danton deal. So I'll definitely be rooting for those two picks of ours to succeed (along with Parise) :lol:

PLAYER TEAM GP G A PTS PM SKATE SHOT PASS PHYSICAL SIZE BORN

Zach Tarkir Chilliwack 48 4 23 27 80 4 4 3.5 2.5 6'1. 180 1984

Chilliwack defenseman...... effortless skater.... keeps head up and rushes the puck very well... must learn from his rookie mistakes and could be more physical...offensive type defenseman

A relative of Brodeur??

211 CHI MIKE BRODEUR 3/30/1983 CALGARY, AB CA 6' 2" 175 AJHL CAMROSE G L

You never know :) . I'm related to the actor Robert Goulet like ... five generations back. LMAO. It would depend on how long the Brodeurs have been in Canada, I suppose.

What is with the Zach fetish with Lou, anyway? :lol: Not exactly the most common name anyway, and we've already drafted two this year!

What a terrific move!!

Joey Tenute in 8th round!!

i love him, and the Devils know him : he olays with Kadeykin and Chvatal, our 2002 selections...

great scorer, but lack of size.

Anyway, forwards rules this year, except 1 d-man and a goalie who seem to be long term projects.

Bondarev is a LW

Tarkir is a D, offensive minded. :)

they're stacked at D. hale, martin, kadeykin, chvatal. i got to see kadeykin last year in training camp, he was very impressive. none of them are touted to be of top 2 defensemen quality, but still that's a solid group of prospects.

this draft though was mostly hyped because of the forward depth. outside of the top 6 or so defensemen chosen, it wasn't seen as a good draft for defensemen.

This from TSN:

The NHL's version of the National Football League's 'Mr. Irrelevant' came with the New Jersey Devils, who selected Yaroslavl forward Arseny Bondarev with the 292nd and final selction to close the 2003 Draft.

:D

From reading the capsule in the above post I guess he is "Mr. Irrelevent". It would be another feather in Lou's cap if all of the sudden Bondarev became relevent,