Gold medal GDT: USA-Canada

MadDog2020

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is OVER! The best games of the tournament so far in no particular order....Canada vs Switzerland (Marty stole this for them in the shootout), Russia vs Slovakia (another crazy shootout game), USA vs Canada, and Norway/Switzerland. (Swiss in OT) Most of the games have been rather crappy and one-sided...

It's never too early. All I know is this team has the same kinda heart that the kids at the WJC did. And that was a classic. One can only dream. They beat us in Salt Lake. Now, it's our turn. I BELIEVE!

Damn straight Derek. Time to turn the tables. I never thought we had a chance at A medal- never mind gold- before this tournament, but now we're one win away and it's very exciting. Nothing would be sweeter than to beat Canada on their soil. C'MON USA!!!!!

I think US have to be the favorites to win the Gold Medal. If Canada had beat us last Sunday I would give them the edge but after taking a 3-0 lead on the Slovaks then giving up 2 to let them back in the game last night I think Canada is very beatable right now. I am not expecting a blowout of Team Canada by any stretch of the imagination but I firmly believe the US will win this game.

I think US have to be the favorites to win the Gold Medal. If Canada had beat us last Sunday I would give them the edge but after taking a 3-0 lead on the Slovaks then giving up 2 to let them back in the game last night I think Canada is very beatable right now. I am not expecting a blowout of Team Canada by any stretch of the imagination but I firmly believe the US will win this game.

Canada will be the favorite

USA is still the underdog, all of Canada's lines have more established talent on them. That's only on paper though. Anything can happen. I expect a Canada win 5 - 3.

Canada had more talent on it last Sunday also genious. You still lost the game and you let a team that is MUCH less talented than the US in Slovokia back into the game last night. Luongo is not going to make a difference vs this very potent USA offense right now. Your team is very average right now despite all its talent.

Edited by thegame346