Gold medal GDT: USA-Canada

MadDog2020

"If the Americans win, they'll probably make another movie about so we don't want to see that happen,"said Robyn Regehr

And I agree ; )

hmmm - comparing one of the biggest upsets and important sports events in history to one group of NHL All-stars beating another group of NHL all-stars? yeah, i'm not so sure they're on the same level. thanks for playing robyn.

If the USA wins, it will be MUCH more about Canada losing (in Canada). The US will get some nice buzz from it this year and then it will kinda be forgotten. Hell, Miller could shut them out and Parise could score a hat trick and I'd bet you 50% of general hockey fans (people that like the sport but don't follow it religiously besides their own team) would forget their names by the beginning of next season.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm - comparing one of the biggest upsets and important sports events in history to one group of NHL All-stars beating another group of NHL all-stars? yeah, i'm not so sure they're on the same level. thanks for playing robyn.

If the USA wins, it will be MUCH more about Canada losing (in Canada). The US will get some nice buzz from it this year and then it will kinda be forgotten. Hell, Miller could shut them out and Parise could score a hat trick and I'd bet you 50% of general hockey fans (people that like the sport but don't follow it religiously besides their own team) would forget their names by the beginning of next season.

That's why most American sports fans are fvcking dickbags. Too busy watching gay-ass sports like basketball.

Watching the game with my Canadian roommates and a bunch of other Canadian friends. Since Marty's not playing, I will be the only one rooting for USA. Should be a very interesting night. Might as well wear my Langenbrunner jersey to annoy them just a little more...

I am getting excited now, I hope this will be a good game and not a blowout.

I'll take a USA blowout. I don't care how we win.

USA USA USA USA USA USA

Msweet is right though, a blowout on either side would suck. Manily becuase with both of these offenses they can score a lotta goals. would drive me nuts.

BUT will be an extremely, physical game. This includes nash crashing erik johnson a few times. and as well as that doosh pronger gives zach cheap shots the whole game.

Edited by robdeselich88

Personally I don't see USA winning unless Miller is stellar. Then we have to bruise them Canadians. Hitting and being physical is a big part of what has gotten USA

here and stopping now is just asking for a slaughter. Finally we have fire pucks upon pucks on Loungo and hope he breaks, he has looked somewhat nervous in the

last games. So Patrick Kane, Zach Parise, and Phil Kessel have to lead the offense. And perhaps the biggest advantage we have is that Canada is under a sh!tload of

pressure to win. The US team is under nothing and we weren't predicted to even medal. And make Crybaby cry, cry, and crryyyyyyyy.

LETS GO USA

Edited by Par99

USA USA USA USA USA USA

Msweet is right though, a blowout on either side would suck. Manily becuase with both of these offenses they can score a lotta goals. would drive me nuts.

BUT will be an extremely, physical game. This includes nash crashing erik johnson a few times. and as well as that doosh pronger gives zach cheap shots the whole game.

That's one thing I like about the olympic rules, head shots are taboo, so if Pronger elbows Zach in the head like he does every time he plays against Zach, Pronger will be done for the game.

I'd also like to point out Nash, in that game Canada vs Switz he ran Hiller and made it look like an accident, it wasn't an accident at all, he did that on purpose to rattle Hiller.

This pissed me off:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=54109.html?cid=rsstsn

Attack: Normally, we would be talking about Sidney Crosby and Jarome Iginla, but Crosby has been quiet on the scoresheet, if still good on the ice, and Iginla has faded in and out of focus like cheap binoculars. It's been the footsoldiers carrying most of the attack, which is admirable but also a bit worrisome. U.S.A.'s Patrick Kane put on the display of the Olympics against Finland, seemingly stickhandling at will through pylons. Zach Parise (Canadian blood, U.S. passport) is a pure scorer. Advantage slightly U.S.A.

??? Damn Canadiens, he's American through and through. They talk as if hes an immigrant. His dad is canadaian but Zach is not.

This pissed me off:

Attack: Normally, we would be talking about Sidney Crosby and Jarome Iginla, but Crosby has been quiet on the scoresheet, if still good on the ice, and Iginla has faded in and out of focus like cheap binoculars. It's been the footsoldiers carrying most of the attack, which is admirable but also a bit worrisome. U.S.A.'s Patrick Kane put on the display of the Olympics against Finland, seemingly stickhandling at will through pylons. Zach Parise (Canadian blood, U.S. passport) is a pure scorer. Advantage slightly U.S.A.

??? Damn Canadiens, he's American through and through. They talk as if hes an immigrant. His dad is canadaian but Zach is not.

I saw that too. A$$holes.

I'm Canadian blood but US Born, spent 5 years living in Toronto as well. I wouldn't be pissed if a newspaper wrote that about me but I wouldn't be happy either, since I'm not US by passport but by birth and in my mind. We might as well do that to almost every Canadian and US athlete who isn't Native American or First Nation....and even then isn't there some evidence that those people originally came from Asia as well, so we should do that to them too. :lol:

This pissed me off:

You can tell the Canadian blood is out of Zach's system since he hasn't been acting like a jerk-off during the Olympics.

You can tell the Canadian blood is out of Zach's system since he hasn't been acting like a jerk-off during the Olympics.

Right on. They should also take a look at his birth certificate. He was born and raised in Minnesota. Just because his dad is Canadian doesn't mean sh!t. His mother is American too.

Right on. They should also take a look at his birth certificate. He was born and raised in Minnesota. Just because his dad is Canadian doesn't mean sh!t. His mother is American too.

He is an elite hockey player, in every way. Canada wants to claim him as their own. GO USA!!!!