Danton Is Gone!

FriesenKris

It's a great day for Devils' hockey, Danton is gone!

But I feel bad for Joel Quenneville, he's a good guy and doesn't deserve the headache he was just handed.

Do you honestly think he'll play for the Blues and not the Ice Cats? Well, I guess ya never know.

from AOL Hockey:

After taking Belle with its first first-round pick in three years, St. Louis traded left wing Cory Stillman to the Tampa Bay Lightning for a second-round selection, dealt gritty left wing Tyson Nash to the Phoenix Coyotes for a pair of draft picks and acquired disgruntled center Mike Danton and swapped third-round picks with the New Jersey Devils.

It's a great day for Devils' hockey, Danton is gone!

But I feel bad for Joel Quenneville, he's a good guy and doesn't deserve the headache he was just handed.

Do you honestly think he'll play for the Blues and not the Ice Cats? Well, I guess ya never know.

If he doesn't make the Blues he'll probably refuse to report to the AHL - that is his MO.

If he is on the ice the next time the Devils meet the Blues next year, I guarantee he will try to fight the first guy in a Devil sweater he sees.

Of course, i just hope White or Stevenson is one the ice when he does.

He will go after Elias or Gomez just to be a punk a$$. <_<

If he is on the ice the next time the Devils meet the Blues next year, I guarantee he will try to fight the first guy in a Devil sweater he sees.

Of course, i just hope White or Stevenson is one the ice when he does.

He will go after Elias or Gomez just to be a punk a$$. <_<

Elias cound handle himself, he beat the snot out of Darcey Tucker a few years ago, so i wouldnt worry about Danton with him in a fight if it came to that.

im more worried about Danton going out and playing dirty against the guys. Thats where things may get bad and burns be forced to have someone go just beat the hell out of him.

More from AOL Hockey:

Then St. Louis swapped the 93rd pick overall to New Jersey for the 101st selection and Mike Danton. That prompted a fan to yell, ``It's about time, Lou'' in reference to Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello.

Danton was suspended by Lamoriello last season for failing to report to the minor leagues. It was the second straight year that Danton and Lamoriello had problems.

Danton sat out most of the previous season after disagreeing with Lamoriello about a medical diagnosis. The player, who changed his name from Mike Jefferson, failed to report to the minors then, too.

I personally think we got ripped... 101st to 93rd isnt much... Lou complained about trades not being of fair return... I would have rather liked ruining the kid some more than this swap...

:)

I think Danton will be a 3rd/4th liner, and everyone will say the Devs gave up on him... he'll still be a punkass, but honestly, we could have gotten more than a pick swap in the 3rd.

For a guy that got himself kicked off the team twice?! I mean come on its not like hes a projected first liner or anything. Yes he would be a servicable player, but hes got so much baggage, its insane. And the blues just traded Nash, they needed a headcase.