Danton Is Gone!

FriesenKris

Gosh I didn't think I'd see this day anytime soon. Hooray!

I don't know if we could have gotten more than this, last year people were talking about Val Bure for Danton and that isn't much no matter what 7 says :P And his value was only gonna go down, not up.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him rot but I certainly don't mind disposing of the headache once and for all and sending him out West to our second farm team either :P

He showed moderate signs of improvement.... Im kinda shocked we traded him to move slightly up in the 3rd round...

Then again, I was really hoping we could of snagged Harvey when that trade rumor was floating around, although that was more of a pipedream.... but honestly, Danton will be an NHL player, and will make a difference in a game or two...

And I honestly think he's going to use this Devs experience as a kick in the ass... he knows he cant get away with it twice :)

Best of luck to Danton, I kinda figured he'd have a 3rd tour of Devs, like the last chance... but I guess Lou honestly just gave up... (I thought he was considering a 3rd shot after passing by the deadline)

This is great! We actually got SOMETHING for Danton! (I was kinda hoping for the replica Alexandre Daigle jersey, though.) ;) Danton will never be anything more than a hard-working 3rd or 4th line center, and the Devils already have better and less troublesome players for that role.

Khomutov sounds like a solid propect to me, so maybe it really will turn out better for the Devs, sorta like the @$$Holik situation.

Maybe now Danton and Mike Van Ryn can get together and have a "We hate Lou" sing-along. :lol::lol:

Danton takes bad penalties and bad fights at bad times.

The Blues take bad penalties and bad fights at bad times.

The Blues will once again make the playoffs only to take bad penalties and bad fights at bad times.

It's a match made in hevean ABSOLUTE HELL!

Oh well, as long as he's not here, I could care less about how the Blues do. An undisciplined team gets another undisciplined player. They make the playoffs every year and lose every year, "great" move on their part.

Lou did the best he could and I actually agree with Tretyak, Khomutov sounds like a better prospect than Danton turned out to be a rookie player.

Unfortunately for Lou the market for young, toxic, delusional, coach/4th line center with no NHL experience wasn't that great enough to warrant more.

I too was expecting the Daigle jersey.

Frost:

"I took real notice when St. Louis traded Tyson Nash (to Phoenix for a draft pick)," Frost said. "That created an opening for Mike (in St. Louis). He's going to shut his mouth and play. He's never going to run into those problems with this team. He just wants a chance to get away from Lou Lamoriello and to play. He's ecstatic."

Frost is a clown...he was a major part of the problem.

GO DEVILS!!!

Danton's attitude will be his end. The Devils are known for their cohesiveness as a team, and although lou is known to be tough, if you can't achieve here, where can you?

He had a great shot in NJ, in a room where egos don't prevail. How's he gonna fit in with the likes of macinnis, Demitra, Weight, Pronger and Tkachuk? not well.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how much talent you have, your attitude has alot to figure in as well. As someone who has been a manager before (no not hockey lol) I've let extremely talented, hard workers go simply because of their attitudes. It's the one bad apple can spoil the bunch. Someone like Danton can destroy a team atmosphere.

I hope he grows up, for his own sake, because otherwise he'll find himself out of work, because if he can't survive playing a game, how will he fare in the real world you and I participate in daily? Is he going to tell his boss at the gas station that he should "get more hours" because he's so much better than everyone else?

Frost is a clown...he was a major part of the problem.

GO DEVILS!!!

I heard Frost was an agent that didn't have much experience with hockey. He was the perfect rep for Danton though - both were delusional. Who is this guy kidding? He was probably counting his money in his Key West condo when the Devils' management faxed him Danton's walking papers.

"I took real notice when St. Louis traded Tyson Nash (to Phoenix for a draft pick)," Frost said. "That created an opening for Mike (in St. Louis)." I read that too. It doesn't mean I would make a good sports agent. This guy made it sound like he did more than provide the media with a quote.

By saying that Mike will shut his mouth & play, does that mean he agrees that he ran his mouth too much? Does Frost know that if he admits his client is a problem, he still gets paid?

In no way do I think this kid will change. Learning experience? He had plenty of those but pissed them away. No matter what happens, he will always blame Lou. I could care less if he plays or not. I am glad his attitude is not on the cup under the name New Jersey Devils.

If he's already talking smack about when the Devils play St Louis.. he ain't learned a damn thing ! I got $10 that says he don't make the roster after Blues camp :P

I personally think we got ripped...  101st to 93rd isnt much...   Lou complained about trades not being of fair return...  I would have rather liked ruining the kid some more than this swap...

:)

I think Danton will be a 3rd/4th liner, and everyone will say the Devs gave up on him...   he'll still be a punkass, but honestly, we could have gotten more than a pick swap in the 3rd.

I dunno, I was willing to trade Punk A$$ for a bag of nachos about now :lol:

GOOD RIDDANCE, KOOL-AID BOY!!!

He had a great shot in NJ, in a room where egos don't prevail. How's he gonna fit in with the likes of macinnis, Demitra, Weight, Pronger and Tkachuk? not well.

Heh, speaking of that, I've heard that Keith Upchuk is the biggest pr**k, so I'm sure that he and Punkass will get along gloriously then :lol:

I had no idea Mike Van Whine was even traded to the Panthers - for VAL BURE no less?? So much for him being this upcoming superstar, eh?? Turd. It's weird how the Blows seem to acquire our problem children who think they are way better than they actually are!

I personally don't think DantonPunkass is going to change unless he a) gets a therapist, and B ) dumps Frost as his agent.

Danton will be a 4th line player in the NHL, and he'll be decently successful. My guess is he'll have a couple seasons where he has about 15 points or so on a grind line, he'll have one "phenomenal" year where he gets upwards of 30 points -- and he'll immediately demand a huge raise or a trade, and he'll be shipped to a team that wants to use him as a legit third liner because they think he's capable of posting consecutive 40+ point seasons... which could be true if he ends up on, say, Florida?

At least we got a prospect out of all of this. I'm sure this was the best Lou could get for him at this time. Does kind of make me wish Lou had traded Danton right after the altercation in the beginning of the year when he was having moderate success with the Devils. Shmeh well.