2010 NFL thread

MadDog2020

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dammit, I was halfway through an off-season preview for this :rant:

then again half the RB's in the NFL got released last week (again going to my backs are a dime a dozen theory :P)

Maybe I'll finish it and put it up anyway... damn you Olympics or I'd have this done on time!!!

interesting take over on the DMN blog....speculation about Jerry being interested in Marshall with the 1st round tender (meaning he'll make about $3M this season. Most people think it wouldn't be possible or would be pointless with the money we have on Roy Williams and the money we will put towards Austin....buuuuuuuut....with the uncapped year it won't matter and once the regular capped seasons resume (which hopefully won't be after a lockout) then we could cut Roy and only have to pay $700k signing bonus as opposed to cutting him this year and having to pay like $9M...

Then again I don't know how I feel about Marshall...other than the fact that he's good...really good.

I'd like to think we learned our lesson about big mouth WR's that raise hell outside the lines....

Dallas needs line help BADLY, and maybe a safety.... this team is REALLY close, I'd hate to see a tinker drive it the other way

Boy would I love that :P

If there was ever a team desperate for a guy to catch passes though it's you guys

Not true. Derrick Mason is still one of the best receivers in the game, it unfortunate that Joey F. seems to only look for him at the expense of our other guys.

I figured you would get a kick out of this.

True crash...but how about the 'Boys stepping up and seeing what they can do to get Antrel Rolle, the FS from Arizona who looks like he's going to be released?

That would be nice... I think we'd have to cut someone to get someone though... or he'd have to make something like less then $4.5 mil a year or something since we made the top 8 last year....

I don't see Dallas needing to do alot besides replace Flozell, and maybe get a little more atheltic on the O-Line so teams like NY and Minny don't run Dumbo ragged again like they did....

the Pats are so signing Peppers......

I'm not going to lie, I'm worried about the Giants this year. An uncapped year is like Christmas for Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder, so I'm fuessing Dallas is only going to be better than last year. Washington can't not improve, and I think Shanahan plus a couple of good signing can get Washington competitive again, so I really have no idea where the Giants are going to land in the NFC East this year. Hopefully they shore up the secondary with free agency; I know the D-line sucked at times last year, but I still think they can be the best in the NFL. Draftwise, I'm hoping for either Rolando McClain or Jason Pierre-Paul, I think one of those two would be the best. Pierre-Paul is just a natural pass rusher, which fits the Giants perfectly and would further help the d-line and McClain would replace Pierce a couple years down the road, hopefully sooner rather than later. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them are taken before the Giants pick, however.

I would love to see the Giants sign Atari Bigby to an offer sheet, Green Bay has only tendered him as a second round pick. Bigby at Strong Safety and a healthy Kenny Phillips at Free Safety would be amazing. Their receiving corps is fine, as is the O-line, I think. Obviously they're set at quarterback, but I wouldn't mind having them pick up someone like Darren Sproles, because I don't like Ahmad Bradshaw as the #2 to Jacobs, who, in order to get back to where he was the season before last, will need a reliable number 2. I think Sproles would more than help there, and I love what he does in the passing game as well.

So that's my dream. Doubt it much of it comes to fruition, though. Most likely thing I see happening is them drafting McClain or Pierre-Paul (who is amazing at backflips, in case you were wondering :P)

Edit: Forgot to mention that Dunta Robinson would be amazing, as well. He's UFA, so I think there's a decent chance the Giants sign him.

Edited by RSC

That would be nice... I think we'd have to cut someone to get someone though... or he'd have to make something like less then $4.5 mil a year or something since we made the top 8 last year....

I don't see Dallas needing to do alot besides replace Flozell, and maybe get a little more atheltic on the O-Line so teams like NY and Minny don't run Dumbo ragged again like they did....

the Pats are so signing Peppers......

As far as I can tell from reading the rule, the last 8 teams in the NFL Playoffs last year have to lose a Free Agent to gain a Free Agent. Since Dallas has no UFA's, they'd have to cut someone or let an RFA walk. NFL.com lists the Cowboys' RFA's as:

WR Miles Austin,

S Alan Ball,

DE Stephen Bowen,

DE Jason Hatcher,

DE Marcus Spears,

S Gerald Sensabaugh

Out of that group, unless they cut someone, I think Ball and Hatcher are the first out the door. A quote from this Offseason Roundup:

The Cowboys may not be able to keep Bowen, Hatcher, and Spears, who are key to Philips' defensive-line rotation. Expect Spears and Bowen to be re-signed.

I read earlier the Giants aren't even gonna get involved in the Dansby bidding because Reese wants to keep building through the draft. Fine by me. Mr. Dansby, there's no state income tax in Florida, and Miami has much better weather. Get your ass down there. STAT.

I read earlier the Giants aren't even gonna get involved in the Dansby bidding because Reese wants to keep building through the draft. Fine by me. Mr. Dansby, there's no state income tax in Florida, and Miami has much better weather. Get your ass down there. STAT.

Doesn't surprise me. I'm telling ya, Rolando McClain in big blue should not be surprising at all.

While I pride myself in being a Dolphin "follower".. they're my "2nd favorite team" if someone's allowed to have that.. I'm not exactly a well-edumacated "fan". Why did they cut Peasy?

Peezy is being cut because he blew last year and is due a roster bonus soon, but also because he's acted like a little bitch about the fact that the Dolphins want nothing to do with him anymore... he's aired dirty laundry in public, and the Tuna doesn't take kindly to that type of sh!t.

That is going to be a BIG hit once the cap is established again.

Depends on how creative the contract is... the Pats are uncapped this year... they can give him the moon up front in a bonus and not care about the rest.... or sign a mammoth one year deal... they can do a lotta things.....

I want Adams out. I recently read an article, (I can fish up the link for you if you want), that said Jerry was considering giving Flo the boot. Perhaps the coaching staff thinks Adams is teetering on the edge already?

Oh I agree too... there wasn't a Sunday that went past when a flag was thrown pre-snap and ALL of us were yelling HOLY sh!t FLOZELL (even the Giants fan in our Motley's Crew).... ironically the ONE game he was good in.... he got hurt in the first quarter that was my ok he's done moment!

Damn, the Chargers decided to tender Sproles after all. There goes one dream free agent of mine for the Giants...to sign him is to give San Diego a first and a third...as much as I like Sproles, no thanks.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/04/sproles-ready-free-agency/

Yeah, that would be ridiculous. He's not even an every down back.

Jets get Cromartie from the Chargers for a conditional 3rd round pick

http://clarkjudge.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6384866/20320093?tag=headlines;headlines

Panthers cut Delhomme, basically making Matt Moore their starter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13009353/panthers-cut-delhomme-after-lousy-2009

Cromartie isn't a bad pick-up for the Jets for that price. Dude has some issues though... apparently he has like 7 kids in 5 different states with 6 different women and hasn't paid a dime of child support.