GDT: Devils @ Flames, 9 PM EST (MSG+) (wFan)

MB3

DEVILS (38-21-3) at FLAMES (30-24-9)

Last 10: New Jersey 4-5-1; Calgary 4-4-2

Big story: Brent Sutter got his start as an NHL coach with the Devils the past two seasons. He resigned following their ouster by Carolina in the first round of the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs, citing a desire to be closer to home. Sutter got that wish and was able to remain in the League's coaching fraternity by accepting a job offer from brother Darryl, the GM in Calgary. He faces his former team for the first time.

Made a couple quick pictures...

brent1.jpg

sutter3.jpg

sutter2.jpg

Edited by Martyisth3b3st

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sutter lucked out this season that he didn't have to come back to New Jersey and face a pissed off fanbase @ the Prudential Center. I hope the Devils win big tonight just to see Sutter's sh!tty bitter-beer face on that bench.

Keep the West coast trip rolling Devils! Skoula will not be in the line up tonight, so we will see him start on Sunday night in Edmonton.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

GO DEVILS! :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd: :gd:

Why not?

Skoula arrives in Calgary, equipment stays in Chicago; Langenbrunner, Elias exercise option

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/new_devil_martin_skoula_joins_team_in_calgary/

“I welt through Chicago and they just didn’t put it on the flight to Calgary, so it should be here in the afternoon,” he said.

Skoula said his sticks did make it to Calgary. Devils coach Jacques Lemaire said Thursday that he would not be in the lineup tonight anyway. His equipment should make it here in time to go with Skoula to Edmonton after tonight’s game. The Devils complete this road trip Sunday night against the Oilers, It remains to be seen if Skoula will play in that game.

Skoula, 30, was acquired Wednesday from Toronto for a fifth-round draft pick. He had been traded by Pittsburgh to Toronto Tuesday night as part of the deal for Alexei Ponikarovsky.

He was happy to end up with the Devils.

“I’m just very excited to be here,” he said. “My time in Pittsburgh didn’t go over very well and I’m just anxious to get back at it.”