Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

SatansDevils

As mentioned by ThreeStars and I think it is a good idea. Maybe it could and will be better than the OOT Scoreboards. Instead of having it everyday this will be a kind of thread for general games that are happening besides the Devils games. If there is a game or games to be discussed then this is the place to be...

DM and Msweet, I think this is a good idea and hope many others agree...

PIN this topic and lets see how it turns out.

Edited by SatansDevils

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean it's just my opinion so take it for what it's worth... but what would be different between this and the OOT scoreboard threads, other than the fact that this is only one thread? Like I'm guessing you want to update it continuously like you did with the OOT scoreboard... and isn't that what DM and msweet were trying to avoid?

No, no updating like it was before. This is for discussion on any of the games being played on a particular night. It has nothing to do with OOT scores and updates.

The OOT Scoreboards took a lot of time and effort for me to do, which some here did not appreciate. So no...this is not going to be that in here as I do not have the time to do what I use to do anymore. I am sure some will be relieved to hear that.

Just give this a try and I think it will be a good thread about games around the NHL for the season being discussed besides the Devils games.

SD, please don't try to say people did not appreciate what you did. It obviously took a lot of work everyday, but more often than not, it was just you posting updates every 15 minutes or so rather than generating discussion. Personally, I just keep a window open with CBS Sports scoreboard on it, its automatic and I'm one click away from getting detailed stats. You did a great job, it just wasn't necessary. Please don't try to say it wasn't appreciated. I don't know what you're trying to do bringing it up again, but its in the past, let it go.

well, i think we've seen that SD is capable of posting in threads by himself for a long time, so i don't know that that's true.

That's ok. He can do that if he wants. If people like it they will view it (and post). Otherwise he will be all alone in there.

If there's something interesting going on in a non-Devils game, I think people will be more inclined to discuss it with this thread at the top of the page rather than start a whole thread just for "Holy crap, did you see that save Vokoun made?" Whereas the old OOT Scoreboards almost seemed like they were trying to be the NJDevs version of a live game tracker, this could be reserved for discussion whenever something in a non-Devils game merits it.

It's a good idea. In theory, at least. If it doesn't work, no biggie.

If there's something interesting going on in a non-Devils game, I think people will be more inclined to discuss it with this thread at the top of the page rather than start a whole thread just for "Holy crap, did you see that save Vokoun made?" Whereas the old OOT Scoreboards almost seemed like they were trying to be the NJDevs version of a live game tracker, this could be reserved for discussion whenever something in a non-Devils game merits it.

It's a good idea. In theory, at least. If it doesn't work, no biggie.

+1.

This is all I was trying to do here and say...At least give it a chance. This is far from an OOT Scoreboard.

ThreeStars made a suggestion and I thought it was a good idea. Again, it if does not work at least we should give it a try and keep it PINNED at the top. Maybe that way games around the NHL on a given night besides the Devils could be discussed.

Just to make a point about how this thread may go again so far no one has actually posted anything about other games around the nhl yet.

come playoff time this thread will be obsolete anyway because the playoff series will warrant their own threads.

I don't think people are as apt to post in the OOT thread on a night the Devils have a game they stink in, or as likely to click in it as long as it's Hells finding ten different ways to state a point we should have an OOT thread or scoreboard and replying to every post saying it's a good idea.

If it's popular enough, why would it need to be pinned? And if it isn't popular at all, why would we want it pinned?

Well ever since Purgatory AND Heaven got shut down it HAS been a bit too crammed in here and topics blaze by a little too fast sometimes

So am watching the Leafs-Sens game right now.....Sens have the flu bug.....Alfie, Kuba and Regin are out with flu...the rest aren't so great either. Sens start a man down as they have called up Zach Smith who was supposed to be in Glens Falls playing tonight. I think Alfie was scratched at the last minute so Smith had to drive straight up to Ottawa......he just arrived...should be in for the 2nd period. Craziness.

I haven't watched that many Kings games this year, so I may be noticing something for the first time that others may already know- their play by play guy is fvcking annoying. He talks ridiculously fast at all times, and tries to get details in but ends up just giving a general summary. He reminds me of the kid in elementary school that talked all day (you know...). Also, Gio had a goal down low just poking it by Quick.

I haven't watched that many Kings games this year, so I may be noticing something for the first time that others may already know- their play by play guy is fvcking annoying. He talks ridiculously fast at all times, and tries to get details in but ends up just giving a general summary. He reminds me of the kid in elementary school that talked all day (you know...). Also, Gio had a goal down low just poking it by Quick.

that douchebag bobble head annoucners and those total fraud sideline/intermission wanna-be news anchors are why I wanted to throw my remote through the TV when the CBC was not put on TV tonight!!!! :rant:

I could be mistaken, but I thought I read Steve Lepore saying on Twitter earlier that the usual Kings PBP guy isn't there and their color guy is handling PBP tonight.