Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

SatansDevils

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Cooke just rocked Savard with a hit to the head. Down on the ice, stretcher being brought out.

If that doesn't warrant a 5 game suspension I'm personally protesting the NHL offices.

looked like he had his elbow down, but still managed to hit him with it. the angle he came at Savard from, was nasty. only one thing you could be trying to do there.

Edited by maxpower

With Pittsburgh win today over Boston they are now 5-points ahead of the Devils in the division. Devils have 3-games in hand with Pittsburgh though. Devils need this win tonight in Edmonton.

That was a big meltdown by Chicago today as detroit is fighting to make the playoffs and now sit 8th in the WC.

That was a nasty hit by Cooke on Savard. Tough loss today for Thomas and Boston on all accounts.

This Capitals/Blackhawks game has been crazy. Alexander Ovechkin takes a 5-minute major and a game misconduct penalty for a nasty boarding hit on Brian Campbell. Blackhawks now up 2-0 in the 1st over the Capitals. Niemi playing outstanding so far in goal for the Blackhawks.

Avery was hiding behind the linesman when Carcillo I believe it was wanted to fight him. fvcking pansy. He had his hands over his head and the lineman hugging him, and didn't start talking sh!t until he was safely on the bench. No fvcking honor.

was at the hawks/caps game today. really fun game to watch. you just gotta know nbc sh!t their pants when ovie got the boot. i say the bigwigs went into the caps locker room in the second intermission and said "look...you screwed us with ovechkin's boneheaded play, now you OWE us. score or DIE."

i was legitimately worried the hawks fan in front of me would have a heart attack after backstrom's ridiculous play to end the game. either that or i was just nervous he ate one too many hot dogs. whatevs.

Well there go the Pens taking care of business against a team that they should beat. Too bad the Devils can't be bothered with something like that.

I'm still steamed about the points left on the table last night. As if the game last week against Edmonton wasn't enough. There is no excuse for it. I just have this nasty feeling that they're gonna draw the worst possible match up for themselves. That would be the Flyers, and it will also be another great opportunity to bow out early against a bitter rival.

Go Devils.

Edited by Sickman

Well there go the Pens taking care of business against a team that they should beat. Too bad the Devils can't be bothered with something like that.

I'm still steamed about the points left on the table last night. As if the game last week against Edmonton wasn't enough. There is no excuse for it. I just have this nasty feeling that they're gonna draw the worst possible match up for themselves. That would be the Flyers, and it will also be another great opportunity to bow out early against a bitter rival.

Go Devils.

You do know Pittsburgh lost to CAROLINA this week......and couldn't beat NJ the other night...

Every team leaves points on the table.

You do know Pittsburgh lost to CAROLINA this week......and couldn't beat NJ the other night...

Every team leaves points on the table.

I know they can't win every game and normally I wouldn't be as upset but they completely wasted any type of room for error that they built for themselves. When you only win 6 out of twenty games there has got to be a point where you start to make up ground again. Losing to basket case teams is not going to help that.

I'm just extremely pissed at how things have transpired for them. This is a great year to win the division and they basically sh!t it away. I know there is still quite a few games to play but I just don't have any faith in them at this point. One solid game against Pittsburgh is not going to change that.

I still say they're gonna pay for coughing up the division in the long run. I'd love to be wrong though.

edit: As for Carolina, just think of where they were the first half this season and they still have managed to pass the Islanders. I think before last night the Islanders had won something like 3 out of 16. Sounds like another team I know.

Edited by Sickman

I know they can't win every game and normally I wouldn't be as upset but they completely wasted any type of room for error that they built for themselves. When you only win 6 out of twenty games there has got to be a point where you start to make up ground again. Losing to basket case teams is not going to help that.

I'm just extremely pissed at how things have transpired for them. This is a great year to win the division and they basically sh!t it away. I know there is still quite a few games to play but I just don't have any faith in them at this point. One solid game against Pittsburgh is not going to change that.

I still say they're gonna pay for coughing up the division in the long run. I'd love to be wrong though.

edit: As for Carolina, just think of where they were the first half this season and they still have managed to pass the Islanders. I think before last night the Islanders had won something like 3 out of 16. Sounds like another team I know.

How many years do they kill themselves over the division? It finally seems like they are killing themselves just to play well. I like that better. Let the pieces fall where they may. We're still getting an infusion from Paul Martin this or next week - it'll be the first time we've had a 100% healthy roster.

Let's see what happens. I still have issues with defense and centers, but I remain optimistic they can get past round 1.

How many years do they kill themselves over the division? It finally seems like they are killing themselves just to play well. I like that better. Let the pieces fall where they may. We're still getting an infusion from Paul Martin this or next week - it'll be the first time we've had a 100% healthy roster.

Let's see what happens. I still have issues with defense and centers, but I remain optimistic they can get past round 1.

Well getting the #2 seed this year would mean you're playing the likes of the Rangers, Montreal, Boston or possibly (although very unlikely) Atlanta and Tampa. I'd take any of these teams over the Flyers any day of the week. Even if they were to beat Philly it will be a tough physical series which will likely take a lot out of them. Either way I just don't like the match up one bit against Philly. Out of all the above teams they have the best chance of an upset if you can even call it that.

Ottawa is a possibility as well and I guess that would be the best alternative should Pitt take the division. They have seemed to cool off quite a bit. Buffalo is the least likely as they probably will hold on to win the Northeast and the Devils likely wouldn't fall past 5th unless they remained brutal down the stretch.

Edited by Sickman

Well getting the #2 seed this year would mean you're playing the likes of the Rangers, Montreal, Boston or possibly (although very unlikely) Atlanta and Tampa. I'd take any of these teams over the Flyers any day of the week. Even if they were to beat Philly it will be a tough physical series which will likely take a lot out of them. Either way I just don't like the match up one bit against Philly. Out of all the above teams they have the best chance of an upset if you can even call it that.

Ottawa is a possibility as well and I guess that would be the best alternative should Pitt take the division. They have seemed to cool off quite a bit. Buffalo is the least likely as they probably will hold on to win the Northeast and the Devils likely wouldn't fall past 5th unless they remained brutal down the stretch.

IMO, it would be best for the Devils to finish in the #2 seed and winning their division. I would rather face the bottom seeded teams that are trying to make the playoffs then finishing at the #4 seed and a possible matchup vs. either the Flyers or Senators. The 4th or 5th seed would not be a good place to be for the Devils.

I think its crazy that we're even having this discussion to be honest. If I remember correctly the Devils, at one point, had an 8 point lead and something like 3 games in hand over Pitt. Now they have to win their next 2 just to keep pace. Eh whatever. I'm just very frustrated and disappointed with this team. After such a promising first half and everything they overcame, everything just seems in limbo at this point.

I think its crazy that we're even having this discussion to be honest. If I remember correctly the Devils, at one point, had an 8 point lead and something like 3 games in hand over Pitt. Now they have to win their next 2 just to keep pace. Eh whatever. I'm just very frustrated and disappointed with this team. After such a promising first half and everything they overcame, everything just seems in limbo at this point.

I agree. It is crazy. Devils just need to turn this around and go on a winning streak into the playoffs. Maybe with Martin coming back real soon (like possibly this Saturday vs. the Blues)it will give them a spark and make the defense better. I hope. Devils still have 2-games in hand with Pittsburgh but trail now by 4-points and do play head to head again this Wednesday. Big games this week for the Devils and now is the time to get on a winning streak.