Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

SatansDevils

Quick was decent the first part of that series but the Canucks got to him. They had to deal with the best line in hockey. That's why the series didn't at least go seven or LA's way. Louie was also better the final 7 periods. I like J-How but Rask is the best young goalie I've seen in quite a while. He'll be top 5 soon. Rask for Raycroft. Only the Leafs.

It's hard to tell how good these west coast goalies are, their teams play a much looser game. The Pens and MTL play very good defense physically aand technically. You don't see Crosby just walk around the net, look for his spot and then throw it there, like Thornton did tonight. Howard and Nabakov have all been great so far. Howard has let in some real weak ones though. I'll agree with you on Rask, he's not getting his due either. Quick played well but was a bit unlucky.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he took no one and made it a 2 on 0, basically. you can't play it worse than that. he could have speared Thornton in the nuts with his stick and it would have been a better play than that.

he's not a great defensive defenseman, but he's had the benefit in his career of playing with them. at the end with us, not so much. good offensively when he's getting his shot through, though.

The oddest part about it is the entire world knows that Thornton is a pass first player, and he still doesnt do an awful lot to take away the passing lane. You generally take your chances with the shot, in the case of Joe you really have to.

The oddest part about it is the entire world knows that Thornton is a pass first player, and he still doesnt do an awful lot to take away the passing lane. You generally take your chances with the shot, in the case of Joe you really have to.

I think Rafalski was just not ready to make any sort of play at that moment, mentally or physically...Detroit got caught and they needed their goalie to make a great save and bail them out.

Lotta mixed results for my rooting interests. Since I want the most bang for my playoffs, I want ‘em all to go 7 games except Boston/Philly which I want to go 4. Last night was huge for that group of Sharks as if they don’t make some noise this year they just gotta blow that core up. They’re starting to interest me as they’ve had some big moments in which they could’ve come up really small and didn’t, and those things seem to add up. I think they gotta take this one in at most 6, if they let it go 7 all bets are off. But right now they gotta be called impressive. Wings are just a step off.

I think the Habs are in trouble. I’d love to see them take the series but really, there’s no way they should against a deeper, seasoned team. Malkin waking up is bad news for them.

Blackhawks came up huge in game 2 after really stinking up the place in the first one. I don’t have a feeling on this one yet.

Boucher’s run ends in Philly after game 4 as Boston finds a way to take ‘em out. Hopefully someone lays out Carcillo along the way. Is Pronger still in the lineup? Either he’s been very quiet or I just haven’t been paying attention.

I think the Habs are in trouble. I’d love to see them take the series but really, there’s no way they should against a deeper, seasoned team. Malkin waking up is bad news for them.

MTL has the better coach. Martin didn't to a good job outsmarting the Pens last night because he didn't get his team to pace itself the way they have all playoffs. If the Habs return to that strategy and continue to convert on offense from their few shots they will win the series. If they don't all Pitt has to do is continue outskilling the Habs.

Blackhawks came up huge in game 2 after really stinking up the place in the first one. I don’t have a feeling on this one yet.

Hawks won't get past the Canucks, goaltending problems will end Chicago's season.

Once again the game is pretty even, but Philly just can't get any luck. WooHoo!

Not much even about this one. Philly has been in control since about half way through the first. Rask is the only reason Boston is still in it.

Not much even about this one. Philly has been in control since about half way through the first. Rask is the only reason Boston is still in it.

Boston has the better goaltending right now no doubt. But the offenses have been close, the defense is about the same and all-around it's been pretty even. Rask is the reason this game isn't 3-3.

Boston has the better goaltending right now no doubt. But the offenses have been close, the defense is about the same and all-around it's been pretty even. Rask is the reason this game isn't 3-3.

Through 2, and continuing into the 3rd the Flyers have been outshooting the Bruins by about 50%, the number of chances is better than that by my count. The offensive performances have not been close.

Through 2, and continuing into the 3rd the Flyers have been outshooting the Bruins by about 50%, the number of chances is better than that by my count. The offensive performances have not been close.

Yes, the shot total is not even, but this doesn't tell the story. Boston has shot better and setup better scoring chances. Boston was also much better on their 2 PP's than Philly was on their 4.

1.9.7.5. 35 years, Philthadelphia. Keep motherfvckin' countin'.

Well Philly manhandled us and now they are being manhandled by the Bruins who we played well against in the reg. season. That confirms to me that we could have beat the Flyers and also proves two other things: A. Jacques Lemaire's coaching screwed the Devils over B. They could've put more effort in

Edited by ben00rs

Well Philly manhandled us and now they are being manhandled by the Bruins who we played well against in the reg. season. That confirms to me that we could have beat the Flyers and also proves two other things: A. Jacques Lemaire's coaching screwed the Devils over B. They could've put more effort in

I don't disagree, but that's not in the spirit of my post. Let's just stick to mocking the Philthadelphia Phuckbags for taking another step towards extending their streak to 35 years of winning jack sh!t.

Edited by MadDog2020

I don't disagree, but that's not in the spirit of my post. Let's just stick to mocking the Philthadelphia Phuckbags for extending their streak to 35 years of winning jack sh!t.

I'd prefer to begin the mocking after they're eliminated. Don't want to jynx anything,

Playing well is a relative term, we won three out of four one-goal games, all with Thomas in net by the way and we only lit him up in the third one. Rask had five shutout periods in a row against us after coming in relief of that third game.

It is bitter sweet to see the flyers getting their asses handed to them in this series with the Bruins. I hope the Flyers get swept right out of their building! Good for the Bruins, Rask and coach Julien. Well deserved. Getting that 4th win of a series is not easy and especially in Philadelphia. I just hope the Bruins get it done.

Now onto the BlackHawks who have the early 1-0 lead over the Canucks and look to see the Blackhawks take over this series and move on.

GO BRUINS and BLACKHAWKS!!!

Playing well is a relative term, we won three out of four one-goal games, all with Thomas in net by the way and we only lit him up in the third one. Rask had five shutout periods in a row against us after coming in relief of that third game.

All I said is we played well vs. them. So are you saying that we didn't play well because we won 3 of the games by one goal? That's a dumb thing to say considering what the Devils are about. We only allowed them 5 goals in 4 games. We outplayed Boston the whole season, the only time we lost it took them until overtime to beat us. In other words we got 7 out of 8 possible points vs. them. I never said we dominated them just that we outplayed them. It's so annoying how people who are frustrated with this team just make up things so there can be no bright side to the season.