Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

SatansDevils

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even know VS was running an early game tonight. They're playing with fire doing a doubleheader in the conference finals. especially with CI dead for the season.

You can thank NBC for forcing this on them by taking the Hawks/Sharks series which SHOULD have started on Saturday!

So will Montreal ever score a goal in this series? They've actually outplayed the Flyers tonight and they're still losing.

I'm trying to figure out what it is about the Flyers that makes other teams simply lose all of their offensive ability when playing them. God knows it is not their goaltending... :closedeyes:

Edited by nyrsuck26

So will Montreal ever score a goal in this series? They've actually outplayed the Flyers tonight and they're still losing.

outplaying is relative. everything the Flyers are doing is around the Montreal net. Montreal can't get near the Flyers net. it's the exact same thing as our series. Montreal might play harder than we did in the end, but that'll be the only difference.

this looks like a 5 game series too. unless the crowd in Montreal can buy alot of calls.

outplaying is relative. everything the Flyers are doing is around the Montreal net. Montreal can't get near the Flyers net. it's the exact same thing as our series. Montreal might play harder than we did in the end, but that'll be the only difference.

this looks like a 5 game series too. unless the crowd in Montreal can buy alot of calls.

Yeah, it feels like I'm watching a replay of the Devils-Flyers series. I agree it will be over in 5.

You can thank NBC for forcing this on them by taking the Hawks/Sharks series which SHOULD have started on Saturday!

I think the Sharks' arena was occupied on Saturday, that's why they had to start it Sunday. And the other series couldn't start earlier either since Montreal went so long.

I think the Sharks' arena was occupied on Saturday, that's why they had to start it Sunday. And the other series couldn't start earlier either since Montreal went so long.

Yeah there was a concert already booked at the HP Pavillion on Saturday. Good to hear Doc calling the Sharks-Hawks game.

LD30, boy that's a stretch ! but I'm with you on this being the Hawks year.

I really felt it would be SJ or CHI, and the Hawks have done absolutely great with the 2 road wins.

Hoping they break that nearly 40 year slide !

I don't care who wins the Cup, as long as Philly doesn't. My only hope right now is to see them go down.

I don't care who wins the Cup, as long as Philly doesn't. My only hope right now is to see them go down.

Same here. Chicago or San Jose, doesn't matter to me, just as long as it's not Philly. I'd really like to see Montreal come back, but I don't think that's happening.

philly is going to have their hands full with chicago. they haven't faced a team even close to as good.

It will be interesting. I think Chicago plays a bit like the pens, which would definitely not be in the Flyers favor. I predict Hawks in 6 if the Flyers and them are in the finals.

LD30, boy that's a stretch ! but I'm with you on this being the Hawks year.

I really felt it would be SJ or CHI, and the Hawks have done absolutely great with the 2 road wins.

Hoping they break that nearly 40 year slide !

40 year, you mean nearly 50 year. They won in 1961 and Obama was born in August 1961.

just what I expected was the Flyers to beat up the habs in a very short series. Lucky to see this series go five games maybe six. Habs can't even score a damn goal. Leighton has been the blessing in disguise for the Flyers as he now has 3 shutouts and is 4-0 in the playoffs. With Leighton healthy the Flyers are going to be very dangerous in the SCF, but still think the Blackhawks will win the SCF.

Suprised to see the Sharks lose BOTH games on home ice they way they did. It looks like this could be a short disappointing series as well. Blackhawks will win the WCF and then go onto win the SCF vs. the Flyers.

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!