$17 DEVILS TICKETS FOR MARCH 17th

aylbert

I saw a few people saying they picked up extras. If anyone is willing to sell those extras (for a fair price, considering you got them so cheap) e-mail me. 2 or more preferred.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the world of the STH this year :P

Crasher normally i'd be with you on this. but how many people who aren't STH's got a piece of the 552 goal net?

RIGHT. this year the devils got it right with that one!

Crasher normally i'd be with you on this. but how many people who aren't STH's got a piece of the 552 goal net?

RIGHT. this year the devils got it right with that one!

Wow .... one right (ok two with the picnic, but I won't get into the lame of punishing the STH for paying in installments and not getting all the perks, they're getting there, but it's a LONG road)... and 52 things wrong :P

(i could have bough 10-15 of them on ebay if I wanted with the difference in the ticket prices this year.... I'd rather have the cash thanks :) )

Tell ya... $12 a seat times 3 seats over 44 games... gimme the difference and you can have the mb30 plaque!!

(i could have bough 10-15 of them on ebay if I wanted with the difference in the ticket prices this year.... I'd rather have the cash thanks :) )

You don't need to be a STH when there isn't a high demand for the product - if you just want to see the games.

So do yourself a favor, and don't renew next season. Buy tickets for each game as they come, you'll get in the lower bowl on the cheap most nights.

If you don't want too... stop complaining about how the STH get screwed, because obviously there's a benefit you appreciate more than saving cash.

STH bill - (Cost to Attend Games W/o being STH) = Implied value of benefits (events, invites, gifts, etc)

Edited by aylbert

You don't need to be a STH when there isn't a high demand for the product - if you just want to see the games.

So do yourself a favor, and don't renew next season. Buy tickets for each game as they come, you'll get in the lower bowl on the cheap most nights.

If you don't want too... stop complaining about how the STH get screwed, because obviously there's a benefit you appreciate more than saving cash.

STH bill - (Cost to Attend Games W/o being STH) = Implied value of benefits (events, invites, gifts, etc)

I didn't say we're getting screwed I'm spouting my personal opinon that it's bad business and that I don't think it's right to sell tickets at a lower price for just about EVERY game (not to mention that Black Friday Sale when they offered the WHOLE SEASON at that half-price)... if you had scurried up 4 grand to get your tickets and then seen this happen all year....you'd be pretty annoyed too, so I'm just doing what EVERYBODY else does on this board.... airing my gripes :P.... and don't worry I'm going to air them again when the invoice for next year comes in, and if we get raised again I ain't renewing (which is a damn shame because I liked the idea of being the only hockey butt to ever lay claim to my seats)

Anyone else on here who's gone WHOOO HOOOOO I'M GETTING $17 SEATS, would be equally as annoyed if they were on the other side!

So mad that I just found out about this now. And ya I feel bad for the STH's but I mean there's nothing you can do except not renew. On the other hand all this talk about cheap lowers? Where at? And where are there free tickets for the CBJ game. I mean Ive been looking on stubhub and its obviously the lowest priced game of the year but was wondering if I was missing something else besides this deal.

Crasher, if you weren't a season ticket holder you couldn't piss and moan about every promotion the Devils run. Now at least you come off with some air of authority. Isn't that worth something to you?

Try being one for a few years and see how it feels, each year they step up the renew deadline (last year was the worst, they wanted PAID IN FULL before the playoffs or they were bumping you from $22 to $29 a game, which I took cause I had no choice.... I wanted my seats and I paid it over the summer......then you get college night where half the seats for the season ... half price.... then guy's night out and every other half-ass gimmick they've thrown out at you.... then the black Friday deal (pay in full on that day... $17 a game).... if you were an honest and in full paying full-STH, you'd feel pretty pissed and dicked around... but hey if I don't renew and keep my money, then I just don't care and don't complain about the promotions... life goes on, the bottom line is this is an AWFUL display of loyalty to your CORE FAN and CUSTOMER who comes back year after year, if you don't see that... well then you ain't been one, and that's nifty, but this is hardly being a snob about it... why is it ok for it to be about money for the team, league, player and TV network.... but if the FAN gets mad about a money issue he's being an arrogant elist??? fvck that! And if I AM annoyed about it and stay quiet, then I'm saying it's ok... and it's NOT

and yes I've complained about this to the team before too!

Try being one for a few years and see how it feels, each year they step up the renew deadline (last year was the worst, they wanted PAID IN FULL before the playoffs or they were bumping you from $22 to $29 a game, which I took cause I had no choice.... I wanted my seats and I paid it over the summer......then you get college night where half the seats for the season ... half price.... then guy's night out and every other half-ass gimmick they've thrown out at you.... then the black Friday deal (pay in full on that day... $17 a game).... if you were an honest and in full paying full-STH, you'd feel pretty pissed and dicked around... but hey if I don't renew and keep my money, then I just don't care and don't complain about the promotions... life goes on, the bottom line is this is an AWFUL display of loyalty to your CORE FAN and CUSTOMER who comes back year after year, if you don't see that... well then you ain't been one, and that's nifty, but this is hardly being a snob about it... why is it ok for it to be about money for the team, league, player and TV network.... but if the FAN gets mad about a money issue he's being an arrogant elist??? fvck that! And if I AM annoyed about it and stay quiet, then I'm saying it's ok... and it's NOT

because you value the tickets at a higher price than do the people buying up these discounted tickets. the idea being that without these promotions, the devils would struggle to sell single-game tickets to many of these games. because you value it at a higher price, you're getting 'screwed', except that you're not, because you're paying that price. if you wanted to sit in different seats every game, and sometimes not get a discount at all, you could not renew your season tickets.

Sometimes I agree with some things Scott says... but not really here.

Are you surprised at the promotion? Why are you so mad? You don't have to renew your season tickets if you want to make so much of a point. Jamie and I have made it to all but four home games this year. We've paid full price for ONE game... the 2/10 game against the Flyers which we didn't end up going to because of the snow storm. So that was our punishment for paying full price. We've gone to almost every game and have paid much much much less than any season ticket holder overall. We had to work hard at it... buying seats from season ticket holders at their discount, looking for promos, knowing good people who sell to us at a discount... things like that. We only used StubHub ONCE which was again the 2/10 game against Philly. My aunt gave us her club seats for two games this year so we don't really have that many handouts either like I did last year.

We have lower level seats at full price because that was our Christmas present from my aunt. The Devils do things a certain way. A lot of people don't agree. I don't agree. But in this case it's a game that they have been promoting all year. And now they are left, two days before the game, with seats to sell. They are trying to save themselves of an embarrassment. They are already going to be embarrassed tonight because this game is on Versus and I'm going to guess that 12,000 people are going to be there. This is almost "the forgotten game" in a sense.

The Devils already have an attendance issue... add on that the disaster that happened to the economy and the raising of ticket prices and this is what happens. The Devils are going to try to fill the seats in any way possible because even if they get 20$ from a lower level seat, you can add the price of concessions and gift shop purchases to that and the team makes money.

I understand how you feel overall Scott. The Devils have not done much to help their fans and STH. If I was working for them, I'd propose that STH that have been around for certain years can have a price FREEZE. So their prices don't go up if the team has to raise costs overall. That, or make everyone sign contracts. But in the contract, promise a price FREEZE. A lot of people are getting priced out of the building and it's not fair. People like Santa up in 209 who have been there forever couldn't renew this year. That's just awful.

The economy plays a huge part in this. Personally, if my father wanted to... he could have gotten club seats for the first two years this arena was open and not even check to see what dent it made in his bank account. This year, we are worrying about car payments, cable bills... cherishing every check that comes into the office even if it's 100$. Times are bad. Maybe take next year off? Don't buy tickets to games against Atlanta, Florida, the Islanders, and other teams you don't want to see?

The Devils are obviously trying to start something with this St. Patty's Day home game thing. Last year they had, what, like 20 different promotions? If not for the fact that it turned out to be 552, the game may not have sold out. This year they're pulling out all the stops, wearing sweaters no Devils fan ever thought Lou would sign off on and now offering the most ridiculous of all their ticket promotions. Hats off to them for trying to start something.

But, this does make me feel like a jackass for ordering tickets so far in advance. I shouldn't complain though since a computerized ticketing glitch moved us from section 215 to section 12.

Any new St. Patty's Day attendees wanna jump on the bar crawl?

I'm kinda with Scott on this one. I paid nearly $100 for two tickets in the 200s for this game (after all fees and everything were added in) because they were pushing this game like crazy, expecting it to sell out. Now they somehow couldn't even get this game to sell out, and people are sitting in the lower level or the goal bar for far less than what I paid to sit in the nosebleeds. That just doesn't feel right.

At least as a full season ticket holder, you get some perks (yes, not many, but a handful). I'm a partial plan holder, I get squat, and now I get to pay more to sit further away than a bunch of people. I'd be even more annoyed if I wasn't in 209 for this game and genuinely enjoy taking in games from there.

I'm kinda with Scott on this one. I paid nearly $100 for two tickets in the 200s for this game (after all fees and everything were added in) because they were pushing this game like crazy, expecting it to sell out. Now they somehow couldn't even get this game to sell out, and people are sitting in the lower level or the goal bar for far less than what I paid to sit in the nosebleeds. That just doesn't feel right.

At least as a full season ticket holder, you get some perks (yes, not many, but a handful). I'm a partial plan holder, I get squat, and now I get to pay more to sit further away than a bunch of people. I'd be even more annoyed if I wasn't in 209 for this game and genuinely enjoy taking in games from there.

why doesn't it feel right? you valued the ticket more highly than other people did, and didn't understand how the ticket market was working for that particular game. you paid $100 because you thought the price would go up, not down. if you had waited, there's a chance you would've had to pay far more for a ticket, if the game had sold out the way you thought it would.

My experience has been the complete opposite of yours. My seats have gone from $88 to $68 to $39 a game this season. You'll hear no complaints from me even though my sections are constantly discounted.

My experience has been the complete opposite of yours. My seats have gone from $88 to $68 to $39 a game this season. You'll hear no complaints from me even though my sections are constantly discounted.

And in that same time mine have gone from $20 to $22 to $29, hence my source of irritation, if my seats stayed at $20 I'd be in no way annoyed at other seats being $17

Enter it in the PROMOTIONS AND SPECIAL OFFERS line.. No lower bowl or goal bar seats seem to be left..

Could the Devils have been that desperate to sell out?

Speaking of sellouts, i was thinking this season we must have set a franchise record for most sellouts in a season

What are we at?

So far, I remember:

10/3 Home opener against Philly

10/5 against NYR

12/5 against Det

12/30 against Pit

1/22 against Mtl

1/31 against LA

2/10 against Nashville

3/10 against NYR

3/12 against Pit

9 so far by my count. Wednesday will be a sellout, the Ranger game next week will be a sellout. That'll be close to a team record me thinks.

What are we at?

So far, I remember:

10/5 against NYR

12/5 against Det

12/30 against Pit

1/22 against Mtl

1/31 against LA

2/10 against Nashville

3/10 against NYR

3/12 against Pit

9 so far by my count. Wednesday will be a sellout, the Ranger game next week will be a sellout. That'll be close to a team record me thinks.

I think the Devils had something like 18 sellouts and averaged over 17,000 a game in 96-97.

What are we at?

So far, I remember:

10/5 against NYR

12/5 against Det

12/30 against Pit

1/22 against Mtl

1/31 against LA

2/10 against Nashville

3/10 against NYR

3/12 against Pit

For people who actually been to a lot of the games, how many of those games do you think were actually sellouts, because on TV...there seem to be a ton of empty rows for all these "sellouts." It seems the Devils have been calling anything over 15-15.5K a sellout.