$17 DEVILS TICKETS FOR MARCH 17th

aylbert

There's a reason why they're giving away free lower deck seats for the CBJ game next week. They're the 5th worst team in the league and its a weekday. Without free tickets, it would be a 13,000 game most likely.

Hi all.

Did I miss something about free tickets for the CBJ game? Is there a link posted for that?

Thanks.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in that same time mine have gone from $20 to $22 to $29, hence my source of irritation, if my seats stayed at $20 I'd be in no way annoyed at other seats being $17

Your seats were in demand hence the price increases. Mine were not hence the decreases. You can't make everybody happy.

For people who actually been to a lot of the games, how many of those games do you think were actually sellouts, because on TV...there seem to be a ton of empty rows for all these "sellouts." It seems the Devils have been calling anything over 15-15.5K a sellout.

The home opener was packed. 1/22 and 2/10 were also very big crowds. The 12/5 Detroit game was fudged a little, but the weather probably kept people away who had purchased tix.

There's plenty of empty seats at the Ranger 'sellouts' too. I think if they did actual turnstile attendance, the Devils would be doing pretty well.

As for complaining about the prices, it has noticeably helped the balcony seats, though. There are lots more people in those than last year.

For people who actually been to a lot of the games, how many of those games do you think were actually sellouts, because on TV...there seem to be a ton of empty rows for all these "sellouts." It seems the Devils have been calling anything over 15-15.5K a sellout.

None.

To be honest with you. I saw empty seats in the balconies at the home opener and the first Ranger game in October.

I wasn't at the Kings game or the Pens game in December so I don't know.

The Preds game the seats were full but the restaurant and suites were empty.

The Ranger game on 3/10 was pretty close. The restaurant was still very empty and there were a few empty seats not many at the top of the balconies.

I don't remember the Wings game. I was in the club section and I just remember the seats directly behind the goals weren't very full.

The Habs game only sold out because there were a ton of Habs fans as usual.

The Pens game last week was pretty close but the suites and restaurant were empty.

That seems to be the problem. Suites and restaurant. I don't think one game has been full to capacity though.

Are you surprised at the promotion? Why are you so mad? You don't have to renew your season tickets if you want to make so much of a point. Jamie and I have made it to all but four home games this year. We've paid full price for ONE game... the 2/10 game against the Flyers which we didn't end up going to because of the snow storm. So that was our punishment for paying full price. We've gone to almost every game and have paid much much much less than any season ticket holder overall. We had to work hard at it... buying seats from season ticket holders at their discount, looking for promos, knowing good people who sell to us at a discount... things like that. We only used StubHub ONCE which was again the 2/10 game against Philly. My aunt gave us her club seats for two games this year so we don't really have that many handouts either like I did last year.

Quoting and bolding because I think it's an excellent point. You CAN get your tickets cheaper, Scott, you just have to be willing to work at it. And it really only works if you don't mind sitting in different seats every game. It's a lot harder than giving them your money in the offseason and having all your tickets in your hand.

There are many benefits to being a season ticket holder, even for a team that doesn't do much for their STHs like the Devils. I'm quite certain that when you balance those perks against the risks of being a STH -- of which I only count two, this promotion price issue and the possibility that you have to eat tickets over the course of the season because you can't go and can't offload them -- the benefits will win out.

Also, I wonder if you really could save a significant amount of money over the course of a season by forgoing STs and instead hitting every promotion for which you're eligible. One would have to compare the built-in season ticket discount against the various discounts available through the ticket specials, but then also take into account that there may be some games for which there are no promotions and you'd have to either buy someone else's season seats (hopefully at their cost) or pay full price.

Tim, you're right. And as far as saving money... cheap tickets all season like I said. Mix that with learning the streets and only having to pay for parking ONCE this year, and getting dinner across the street at the Arena Lounge (15$ covers dinner for two) before the game... we've saved a TON of money.

What are we at?

So far, I remember:

10/3 Home opener against Philly

10/5 against NYR

12/5 against Det

12/30 against Pit

1/22 against Mtl

1/31 against LA

2/10 against Nashville

3/10 against NYR

3/12 against Pit

9 so far by my count. Wednesday will be a sellout, the Ranger game next week will be a sellout. That'll be close to a team record me thinks.

Yeah, had it at 9, too. As for the poster who said there are some empties for these sellouts - well yeah, most teams in pro sports have that. Its tix sold they go on.

I think the Devils had something like 18 sellouts and averaged over 17,000 a game in 96-97.

No way we had 19,040, 18 times during that regular season. Did we?

Yeah, had it at 9, too. As for the poster who said there are some empties for these sellouts - well yeah, most teams in pro sports have that. Its tix sold they go on.

Yeah, and at least they're legitimately sold too. ::cough::Dolan::cough::

No way we had 19,040, 18 times during that regular season. Did we?

I was wrong about the year. In 97-98 the Devils averaged 17,321 and were 7th in the league in attendance. http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/index.php/site/comments/nhl_average_attendance_since_1989_90/118-2008-09

At the time I had weekend partials and I remember almost every game I went to was sold out.

Yeah, and at least they're legitimately sold too. ::cough::Dolan::cough::

All those empty seats in the club sections are really just people at the buffet line. Riiiiiiiight...

I dont have the promotions box either, so I cannot get the 17 dollar tix. Boooo.

Quoting and bolding because I think it's an excellent point. You CAN get your tickets cheaper, Scott, you just have to be willing to work at it. And it really only works if you don't mind sitting in different seats every game. It's a lot harder than giving them your money in the offseason and having all your tickets in your hand.

There are many benefits to being a season ticket holder, even for a team that doesn't do much for their STHs like the Devils. I'm quite certain that when you balance those perks against the risks of being a STH -- of which I only count two, this promotion price issue and the possibility that you have to eat tickets over the course of the season because you can't go and can't offload them -- the benefits will win out.

Also, I wonder if you really could save a significant amount of money over the course of a season by forgoing STs and instead hitting every promotion for which you're eligible. One would have to compare the built-in season ticket discount against the various discounts available through the ticket specials, but then also take into account that there may be some games for which there are no promotions and you'd have to either buy someone else's season seats (hopefully at their cost) or pay full price.

The biggest perks the Devils push on you with the tickets are, the playoff priority and discounted seats (from face value) for all games, and again.... did we KNOW of these plans back in AUGUST?? I'd say definitely no... but hey all we do here is second guess and hindsight 20/20 vision on the team, so I guess the fans and posters should be no different right?? :P

there's a FEW benefits, and what the team has shown me in this season to discount and chop prices up the wazoo, I'm openly upset and considering not re-upping (though the 6-8 people (and my oldest half-sister) who buy my extra seats may start pulling on my arm to re-up)

... though equally as funny that one person who gave me grief in here, just agreed with me tonight during the 2nd intermission:noclue:

I do love how the people who can't get season tickets cause they don't live are the first to say "well don't renew"... maybe I WANT to renew, but I just want access to the same deals that every other freaking fan wants!

But I'm a whiny bitch who's pissing on my privilege :rolleyes::blahblah:

Sell my seats at $20 a game all season and YOU WON'T NEED TO discount them to $17 to get asses IN them!

You really think they're doing this to sell the upper seats? Every upper seat's sold for this game guaranteed...they're doing this to sell the insane $98 and $115 corner lower seats. Tickets are selling for this game like hotcakes, I sold my pair of uppers on TicketExchange for $70 apiece just a couple days ago.

Besides when do seats for the upper level ever get discounted on a per-game basis other than college night (which targets a specific demographic) and a handful of other promotions that aren't available every night? 85-90% of the discounts are for the balcony and lower corners.

I do think the Devils pushed the envelope with the $29 season tickets in the corner, especially making the center-ice ones the same value. A lot of the sth's that could afford it went there, and very few people are going to pay $35 box office for an upper corner. They practically have to scale those down next year, so you'll get your discount.

You didn't address my point about getting cheaper tickets if you're willing to work at it. Or are you admitting that you're not up for that and you're complaining just for the fun of it?

Nor did you address my statement that I PAID MY TICKETS IN FULL in August, which was 3-5 months BEFORE any of such discounts were made en masse... yeah they had them years before, but nowhere near the frequency (and I was paying less those years anyway, so I'd not be anywhere near as annoyed).... so I did address your point by saying you were using IMPECCABLY hindsight 20/20 vision!

And it's a personal belief in principle that NO ONE should get a better discount for ANY seat in the building then a STH, small concept of rewarding loyalty, or are you too busy being a typical poster in this place for the last year plus and just picking and shredding for your own reasons? (at least this one's stayed on topic!)

And it's a personal belief in principle that NO ONE should get a better discount for ANY seat in the building then a STH, small concept of rewarding loyalty, or are you too busy being a typical poster in this place for the last year plus and just picking and shredding for your own reasons? (at least this one's stayed on topic!)

Season ticket holders do get discounted more than box office price and other perks besides. There are almost no discounts for playoff tickets and you'd have to pay up the wazoo for them if you didn't have sth's (especially the further they go)...of course since the Devils haven't made a big run in years everyone overlooks that part of it and just focuses on who pays what for the December game against Carolina. As for the discounts I doubt anyone could find a discount ticket for every single game and go to all 44 games for less than you pay for your tickets.

The people who really have a beef are the ones in the balcony and lower bowl where most of the discounts get their inventory but how many season ticket holders are in the balcony, five? And at least the Devils have a boatload of $49 seats in the lower bowl, which isn't terrible.

Edited by NJDevs26

Nor did you address my statement that I PAID MY TICKETS IN FULL in August, which was 3-5 months BEFORE any of such discounts were made en masse... yeah they had them years before, but nowhere near the frequency (and I was paying less those years anyway, so I'd not be anywhere near as annoyed).... so I did address your point by saying you were using IMPECCABLY hindsight 20/20 vision!

Sure I addressed your statement; it was when I mentioned risk. When you lock yourself in at a certain price all year, you run the risk of having certain games where your neighbors got in for less than you did. I still don't think it happens very often where they pay significantly less than you, though. Are you willing to dump your season tickets and instead spend the entire season scraping for the possibility of coming out ahead when it's all said and done?

"And tonight's attendance is 10,000. Thank you for supporting your New Jersey Devils!"

I hate to say it Crasher but that's how it is. The STH's don't get a lot of perks. We're probably treated worse at Ranger games. But for the luxury of having the same seat and being able to sit with people you know, it's somehow enough even if the product sucks. Unfortunately, wherever teams can make the extra buck, they will. Dolan is charging for Ranger Legends Night. Just another scheme. Unfortunately, this is how corporate businesses are operated. Rowdy's point has merit as fans who don't pay up the wazoo can usually find more affordable tickets. The Rangers have the Ticket Exchange, where I'm fairly certain a majority of ya purchased to see 2 or 3 of the games at MSG. This year, it's even worse. Between all the Sabre and Pens fans...But that's what happens when fans become disenchanted. Reality. I'm not sure how it works for the Devils but it seems they offer a hell of a lot more than MSG, who can just rest on its laurels. Most arenas list games as "sellouts" because in reality, the seats are paid for. That's all that matters. Further illustrating Rowdy's point, anyone can go to Stub Hub and find seats for any game.

Bottom line. The real fan is being slowly done away with. Once the renovation finally happens, more will be out of there. It'll be 90 percent fake. That's what they want.

Sure I addressed your statement; it was when I mentioned risk. When you lock yourself in at a certain price all year, you run the risk of having certain games where your neighbors got in for less than you did. I still don't think it happens very often where they pay significantly less than you, though. Are you willing to dump your season tickets and instead spend the entire season scraping for the possibility of coming out ahead when it's all said and done?

"And tonight's attendance is 10,000. Thank you for supporting your New Jersey Devils!"

There's been some kind of discount, family four night...guys night out.... college night .... package for just about EVERY game that doesn't have the Rangers or Flyers as an opponent.... obviously I'm not eligible for a college night one :P, but they're there....not to mention the black Friday sale as well (and if you don't think it's a kick in the face to have your per game price upped 40%, to have the same seat next to you offered three months later at HALF price, then you're just not paying attention, if you've noticed I didn't get annoyed about all this until AFTER the Black Friday Sale)

And well when you piss off the STH to the point they don't wanna renew.... you reap what you sew :)

I hate to say it Crasher but that's how it is. The STH's don't get a lot of perks. We're probably treated worse at Ranger games. But for the luxury of having the same seat and being able to sit with people you know, it's somehow enough even if the product sucks. Unfortunately, wherever teams can make the extra buck, they will. Dolan is charging for Ranger Legends Night. Just another scheme. Unfortunately, this is how corporate businesses are operated. Rowdy's point has merit as fans who don't pay up the wazoo can usually find more affordable tickets. The Rangers have the Ticket Exchange, where I'm fairly certain a majority of ya purchased to see 2 or 3 of the games at MSG. This year, it's even worse. Between all the Sabre and Pens fans...But that's what happens when fans become disenchanted. Reality. I'm not sure how it works for the Devils but it seems they offer a hell of a lot more than MSG, who can just rest on its laurels. Most arenas list games as "sellouts" because in reality, the seats are paid for. That's all that matters. Further illustrating Rowdy's point, anyone can go to Stub Hub and find seats for any game.

Bottom line. The real fan is being slowly done away with. Once the renovation finally happens, more will be out of there. It'll be 90 percent fake. That's what they want.

The Rangers don't count on this....they're a different animal and you can't compare them... .one of my bartender friends is a Ranger fan (no wonder he works around booze)..... and he had this happen to him last year and when he complained about it, the rep said "yeah it sucks, but if you don't want your seats I got 20 people lined up behind you waiting to replace you".... the Devils do NOT have anything CLOSE to that, and that's where the difference lies! The Devils NEED the STH to renew, while the Rangers could cycle through a couple of generations before worrying about it!

There's been some kind of discount, family four night...guys night out.... college night .... package for just about EVERY game that doesn't have the Rangers or Flyers as an opponent.... obviously I'm not eligible for a college night one :P, but they're there....not to mention the black Friday sale as well (and if you don't think it's a kick in the face to have your per game price upped 40%, to have the same seat next to you offered three months later at HALF price, then you're just not paying attention, if you've noticed I didn't get annoyed about all this until AFTER the Black Friday Sale)

But how many of those discounts actually put people in seats next to you for less money than you're paying? Most group discounts are $60-something tickets for $30-something. You're still paying less and sitting in the same section (possibly the most fun section in the arena, BTW) for every game.

Well I know for me the Devils allowed me to keep my seats at $22 a piece for this season if I renewed early..

PLUS, this Saturday my brother and I will be in section 19, row 9 with access to the Platinum Lounge (food and OPEN BAR) all night... Those tickets are damn near impossible to come buy.. To get in the platinum lounge you either need to sign a contract buy the seats to every event (not just games but all events) at the Pru Center or buy 10 seats to one game at $3.5k - $5k total for one game

That was more than enough for me to be content because I know Saturday will be an experience I will never forget (assuming I don't go crazy with the open bar, it is the day after my 21st bday), but I realize not everyone had the luxury to renew early.. If I couldn't do that it definitely would not be worth it to me to keep the tickets

Big THANK YOU to alybert for originally posting this offer.

I jumped on it in the early afternoon but was able to grab four seats together in section 17, row 17. So the whole Leeds clan came even though it was a school night.

$83 for the four tix.........practically what I paid back in the day when they actually wore the old uniforms.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

I jumped on it in the early afternoon but was able to grab four seats together in section 17, row 17. So the whole Leeds clan came even though it was a school night.

$83 for the four tix.........practically what I paid back in the day when they actually wore the old uniforms.

woah, did you sit next to me?

Wow Jimmy, section 17, row 17, on the 17th for 17 dollars? That's a hell of a coincidence. Play the lotto!!!