GDT: St. Patty's Party at the Rock: Pittsburgh @ Devils

MadDog2020

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why has seemingly no one in the media picked up on the fact that rolston missed most of the 3rd period?

either way good win, would be nice to draw power plays and get shots on goal and stuff but it's not surprising considering the way the game went that the devils didn't keep pouring it on in the 3rd.

I don't understand why the Pens are the only team our system works 100% against... but I'll take it. much better than having it only work 100% against Edmonton.

Skoula was actually good on the 3 minute major, he's stationary as fvck, but at least he seems to be good in his stationary area

why has seemingly no one in the media picked up on the fact that rolston missed most of the 3rd period?

I was just about to mention that. I noticed during the game that he wasn't playing much. Just checked online and saw he only played 8:45. He was on the ice for the 2nd pitt goal. Must have gotten benched for it. Hopefully this will kick him in the ass to start playing like he should.

he doesn't play on the PP anymore, and Pelley was hitting everything that moved. when someone hits everything that moves, it makes Rolston look even worse. the penalty probably didn't help, I'll have to see it on TV to see whether it was deserved. live... it did not look deserved, so unless he got some subtle tap on the bottom of Leopold's skate blade, it was a case of something looking like something, so it gets called.

tripping and holding Devils was perfectly fine tonight, though. that's why no one likes Crosby. he whines and bitches during a game, and then the league must send out a memo to do right by him the next time. that was an even game in play until we went into shell mode in the 3rd, we should have gotten calls

Marty has been terrific in the first 5 minutes of the third period. The first GA was on Marty thank you for agreeing. But then again it's 4-2 now

LOL you're such a tool. The first goal was on Marty? The one that deflected off the defenseman's shin pad and went in?

Just got back from the game.

I don't know if it was just me, but everytime I saw Langs in that red and green No. 15 jersey, I kept thinking it was John MacLean.

smile.gif

Great win, tons of fun before, during and afterward.

Go Devils!

either way good win, would be nice to draw power plays and get shots on goal and stuff but it's not surprising considering the way the game went that the devils didn't keep pouring it on in the 3rd.

I was just about to mention that. I noticed during the game that he wasn't playing much. Just checked online and saw he only played 8:45. He was on the ice for the 2nd pitt goal. Must have gotten benched for it. Hopefully this will kick him in the ass to start playing like he should.

i picked up on this as soon as the 3rd started and pelley was in his place w/ neidermayer and clarkson. my vantage point of the bench isn't good from my seats so i figured rolston might have gotten hurt because i didn't think he played that poorly. when i saw him out w/ mccamond and pando the next shift, i assumed it was lemaire rewarding pelley more than it was a demotion of rolston who, while i still think is a thief, has been playing better as of late.

because Brian Rolston sucks!!!!!!!!!!! next

It was great to see the team play in the old school jerseys. As a kid I might have seen them play a handful of games in those colors so it was nice to see that after such a long time. Brodeur really nailed the retro look down. Aside from the blue gloves, watching him from a distance really reminded you of 1992.

I don't know what the hell it is but they own Pittsburgh. I would have never imagined this team going 6-0 against the Pens but I'll take it. Good times tonight.

The Devils catch fire song was also a great touch.

Edited by Sickman

i picked up on this as soon as the 3rd started and pelley was in his place w/ neidermayer and clarkson. my vantage point of the bench isn't good from my seats so i figured rolston might have gotten hurt because i didn't think he played that poorly. when i saw him out w/ mccamond and pando the next shift, i assumed it was lemaire rewarding pelley more than it was a demotion of rolston who, while i still think is a thief, has been playing better as of late.

As soon as I saw Pelley on that line - I counted the bench (i'm right across from it) - and noticed Rolly was gone...

Didn't really care though :)

What a great game and night it was for the Devils seeing them SWEEP the Penguins right out of the Rock! Welcome back Paul martin in a big way! That was a sweet goal he scored tonight. The retro jerseys/uniforms looked great and the getty photos look great online! Another sellout and wouldn't have missed this game for the world.

I even had some green beer at the game and maybe one too many tonight. Lol!

The players like Brodeur enjoyed wearing the old retro's and would like to have it more often or at least once a year. I happen to agree once I saw them come out for warm ups I had a flash from the past of the 80's. They looked good in them and Brodeur and that mask simply awesome.

Great all around night and it felt like another playoff game.

Brodeur would like to see retro jerseys again; Elias enjoys St. Patrik’s Day

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/brodeur_would_like_to_see_retro_jerseys_again_elias_enjoys_st._patriks_day/

The Devils players enjoyed wearing their red, white and green throwback jerseys tonight as much as the sellout crowd of 17,625 enjoyed seeing them.

“We had a blast doing this,” goaltender Martin Brodeur said. “We know it doesn’t happen too often that we do something different here, so guys embraced it and we had a lot of fun. The fans were really excited about it. You could see during the warm-up and during the game how many people were taking pictures of us. It was fun. It was definitelty fun.”

Brodeur said he would like to see the Devils wear the jerseys again. Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said it might become a once-a-year tradition.

“Why not?” Brodeur said. “It’s a great way to recognize this franchise’s past. It’s effortless for the boys to get a new jersey, put something over there pants and get red helmet. It looks great and I think when you do it for your fans, it says a lot that you’ve committed yourself to explore different things. It was fun today. We know that it’s not probably going to happen for a long time, so we enjoyed it.”

The green definitely added to the St, Patrik’s Day atmosphere. Patrik Elias seems to enjoy playing on the Irish holiday. He had a goal and an assist tonight. Last year on March 17, he became the Devils’ all-time leading scorer with an assist in a 3-2 win over Chicago. Broduer passed Patrick Roy that night with his 552nd career win.

“I think we all do,” Elias said of enjoying playing on St. Patrick’s Day. “This was a special night.”

Elias even came out wearing a plastic green derby hat again—as he did last year—when he was introduced as the game’s First Star. He said it was not the same hat as last year, though.

welp i am officallu out of my mind wasted rught now...this marrks the 5th time i have not watch the devils and they won so i will continue the trend...happy PM scorews...happy we are 6_) vs teh pens this year. have not seen a single highlight or goal from the game..sounds like we owned them but i can only go b6y txt messages through out the night. super stoked and happy christmas tree jersey's to everyone and to everyone a good night...i will not edit this,..ui will leave it as is aband i will let everyone know i am too many shots deep and i fvcking went nuts and told the band i sa w tonight to shout out the devils win ..an and he did right after they played a RHCP - AreoPlane cover.....WOOOOOOO....PM we <3 U!

I REALLY wish I had been at the game tonight. Looked amazing. Loud, great game to see, and great game to have experienced...heard about the bagpipes and everything and sounds great.

I LOVE the jersey look too. Especially the authentics, but with the pants those things looked gorgeous. I appreciate Lou keeping it special and once a year but man do they look good. I'd love to get my hands on one of those authentics...