GDT: St. Patty's Party at the Rock: Pittsburgh @ Devils

MadDog2020

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how was tthe crowd tonight? someone humor me.the girl waiting for me upstairs is a ranger fan and i want to take as much time as possible to go back up there...someone plz give me some details about tonight game..have not seen a single highlight

The crowd was loud, proud, and we taunted that little douche Crosby all night... a loud chant of "YOU CAN'T BEAT US" broke out in the final seconds. It was fantastic.

Edited by MadDog2020

how was tthe crowd tonight? someone humor me.the girl waiting for me upstairs is a ranger fan and i want to take as much time as possible to go back up there...someone plz give me some details about tonight game..have not seen a single highlight

Highlights

Watch them all

Edited by Devils731

I want to talk about something that did upset me during the game - and that was the officiating - specifically the Pelley call.

What upsets me about the call is that the referee who called the penalty DID NOT see the play happen. I watched the whole thing transpire, and the referee didn't call the penalty on the play, but in fact followed the puck up the opposite boards and when he turned his head and the Penguin was still down on the ice - THEN he threw his arm up.

This happened a few times last year, and it's very infuriating because TO ME, Goligolski turned into the boards and whatever harm was caused was because of this.

Another example of these refs being absolutely clueless.

The crowd was loud, proud, and we taunted that little douche Crosby all night... a loud chant of "YOU CAN'T BEAT US" broke out in the final seconds. It was fantastic.

omg...all thst we ahave been through over the past two months...tottally worth it then...i hope they replay it...i wish i could watch but guessing it will not be on replay until tomorrow. wow//my buddy went tonigt and offered me tickets and i said i couldnt because literally every ttime i see them in person or on tv they do not play up to par...but i will sacrafice for wins i dont give a fvck! 1st place nj devs lets go! ! ! !

I want to talk about something that did upset me during the game - and that was the officiating - specifically the Pelley call.

What upsets me about the call is that the referee who called the penalty DID NOT see the play happen. I watched the whole thing transpire, and the referee didn't call the penalty on the play, but in fact followed the puck up the opposite boards and when he turned his head and the Penguin was still down on the ice - THEN he threw his arm up.

This happened a few times last year, and it's very infuriating because TO ME, Goligolski turned into the boards and whatever harm was caused was because of this.

Another example of these refs being absolutely clueless.

the pelley call was fine. even if that ref didn't see it (which i think he did, because the play was still directly in his line of sight), he could consult with the other officials. it's a dangerous play and goligoski did turn but pelley never reacted.

the lack of calls on pittsburgh in general was ridiculous but that is just standard for devils games at this point.

God those Penguins announcers are HORRIBLE. Complain about Chico being a homer all you want, but these guys are as bad as I've heard them in this one. You can hear them sulking like their precious superstar Crosby and taking attendance jab after attendance jab.

lol. they're lucky their team decided to lose on purpose in 1984, otherwise they might have had to get real jobs.

God those Penguins announcers are HORRIBLE. Complain about Chico being a homer all you want, but these guys are as bad as I've heard them in this one. You can hear them sulking like their precious superstar Crosby and taking attendance jab after attendance jab.

I love how of all people the Pittsburgh announcers are talking about our attendance, when their franchise was 10 minutes away from becoming the Hamilton Croskins. You couldn't GIVE tickets away in that town before Crosby showed up.

Edited by MadDog2020

did anyone else pick up on the weirdness when chico was talking about his "friend" that gave him the original marty jersey...then they showed the clip and marty was wearing a red jersey and chico had the white? really quite bizarre and awkward...

priceless...LoL!

the Penguins front-runners are unbearable. the only thing good to come out of that bingo lottery in 05 was the Rangers getting screwed.

3 balls and they still weren't picked until 16th

everytime i see rolston out on a shift the only thing i can picture is your avatar...serious...LoL!

those penguin announcers make me sick. taking shots at attendance and our ability to play some fvckING DEFENSE.

2003-2004 average attendance.

#30 Penguins 41 486,961 11,877

One ping pong ball bounce behind closed doors away from being the Kansas City Penguins.

Edited by skeeter

2003-2004 average attendance.

#30 Penguins 41 486,961 11,877

One ping pong ball bounce behind closed doors away from being the Kansas City Penguins.

all about timing. they lost the lottery the season before, so they didn't get Ovechkin... which let them keep the extra bingo ball (Washington only had 1) and get Crosby. two HOF cinch players in two years and they sucked at the right time.

suck at another time, and you can roll in the moving trucks

Edited by maxpower

the lack of calls on pittsburgh in general was ridiculous but that is just standard for devils games at this point.

I think the call on Pelley is another instance of needing a 4 minute double minor on plays like that. It was probably worth more than 2 because of the force but less than 5 because it was unlikely to cause major injury due to the Pen standing straight up.(by my memory).

I know I saw the replay on the internet after I got home from the game. The Pens announcers bitch and forgot that they couldn't draw flies until they got Crosby.

The game was amazing!! The atmosphere was incredible; I was chanting and getting our whole section involved. I don't think there was a single moment when there wasn't Devils chants going on somewhere in the Rock. The people from the pub crawl I was with are true Devs fans and awesome new friends. It made the experience all the more enjoyable. It really felt like a playoff game!! YOU CAN'T BEAT US!!! Add the fact that DMC of Run DMC was sitting 3 rows down and 6 seats over from us! Awesome!

St. Patty's Day is developing into a real Devils tradition. Marty becoming the winningest goal tender in NHL history and Elias becoming the leading scorer in Devils history all on St. Patty's Day last year (which I was at) and now this year with the green jerseys and us sweeping the Pen's and moving back into first is making St. Patty's Day extra special at the Rock! I am all for us getting St. Patty's Day home games from here on out and wearing these jersey every March 17th.

Looking forward to the Bruins-Devils on game on March 30th; I got the tix from buying my green jersey at Modells here in JC!! WIll also be attending the last game of the season against Buffalo on April 11. :evil:

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673

The jerseys looked amazing. the game was fantastic!!!!

Good to see scoring from all lines. And good to see Paul back in the lineup.

Season sweep against the penguins!!!! Wahooo, even better since my boss became a pens fan last year (he has family in pitsburgh and only started following them when i started working there and said i like ice hockey).

Keep it up Devils, keep rolling towards the playoffs!!!

The Devils catch fire song was also a great touch.

That was the highlight for me. I haven't heard that song in many many years yet sadly knew the words. I wish I could find the tape that I have. It was the song with lyrics, then an instrumental version. If anyone has it and can make an mp3 of it I would appreciate it.

Awesome game last night!!!! got to love these stretch of home wins! I even did the "gimmie a D!" chant twice. once in the first and once in the 3rd.

Paul Martin looked good last night came up huge and will be a key addition to our defense down the stretch!