Sign in to follow this  
msweet

It’s official: Martin will play tonight

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/

Devils defenseman Paul Martin will make his return from a fractured left forearm tonight against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

It will be Martin’s first game since he was injured when he was hit by a Bill Guerin shot on Oct. 24 in Pittsburgh.

I kinda hope we go 7D tonight and work him in slowly, but otherwise... good times!

so what do you guys think his ice time will be over or under 10 minutes?

Over. Easy. (but not over-easy).

Jacques doesn't understand moderation. Martin Skoula played 23-odd minutes his first game with the team. Marty still plays a gajillion games. Over/Under 20 minutes would be a more interesting bet. :lol:

sounds great - although i wanted to wear my martin jersey on saturday assuming that was his return date.

gotta stick with the old school sundstrom for tonight so paulie's gotta wait.

Yyyyeeeesssssss. I'm so excited to finally have true top 4 dman inthe lineup again

edit:just read the full article and saw Fraser and salmela are scratched, Martin should get a decent bit of ice time

Edited by nycking23

I kinda hope we go 7D tonight and work him in slowly, but otherwise... good times!

Yes and if one Penguin goes after him in any way cheaply they better get their head taken off!! I mean if Cooke trys anything remotely dirty we better see Crosby flat out on the ice!

Of course I may be exhaggerating a bit but I think the point is clear!

But Great news it comes at a great time!!

With Salmela out of the lineup, and the fact that Marty's retro mask even has the number 29 on the back, I guess it's not entirely out of the question that he could wear his old number for the night, eh? :whistling:

I know he won't, but it's fun to still up the speculation, heh.

Rupp will do something. He's been doing it all year against the Devs.

he has been kind of a douche this year...

he has been kind of a douche this year...

Well the only way to curb that crap is to send someone after one of their better players, and honestly I hate being a jerkoff about it, but hey going after Rupp (after he already does something) isnt going to do crap...

Don't know if I like this. I kind of get the sense that he's being rushed back into the line up. Wouldn't want a repeat of Clarkson getting re-injured.

Oh well, we'll see.

If Rupp does do something, that'll be seriously detrimental to Crosby's health. Let's just leave it at that...............

It's about time.

I'm extremely giddy...gitty? well i'm drunk and extremely excited for paul martins return. We are going into this game beleiving that we can exactly win for the first time in a while IMO. I just hope he stays strong and is healthy when we make it to the playoffs. Go Devils from Red Bank, NJ ! Seriously let's FGD!!! My predicition tonight..overtime, perhaps we win in a shootout, not too sure but the Pens are obviously pissed we beat them 5 times in a row..they will most likely try too hard tonight and we need to make them pay. We win tonight, we go into the playoffs with the same confidence we had in the begining of the season.