Sign in to follow this  
msweet

Tortorella wants to be Rangers dictator

So now John Tortorella has made it clear he wants the title of Ranger team captain as well as the ones of head coach and travel director he already owns.

He has made it clear that he not only wants to control what the players do on and off the ice, but also wants to correct what they think.

He tells the players to claim ownership of the locker room, but then simply repossesses it when he dislikes something one of the athletes says.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/tortorella_wants_to_be_rangers_dictator_WbuKGUsFlbUxeKLvLAbPAI#ixzz0iZFym9Fw

Oh thank God the Brooks/Torts war is living up to my hoped billing :)

I once read about a guy like this, it was in the 1930's

It seemed to work for a while...................

Obviously, this is Sather's fault that his team lacks competitiveness and obviously, the ownership doesn't see that.

Interesting take on things... interesting to really see the publicity dynamic NYC might be demanding- I never felt it to be the case, but in all honestly I dont quite understand marketing people, that is, not people in the marketing business but why or how to market people as a commodity - hence my magnificent success in the entertainment industry!

and interesting if the Fonz really is trying to nip it - that the press really would have that much of an effect on things -- or is Brooks just trying to create importance? I just can't imagine any as emotionally weak as Tortorella actually attempting to manage the two way flow of team perception. He can't even handle himself. :noclue: Honestly that may be his fatal flaw. But Brooks directly attacking that may just teach him how insignificant public opinion really is when you just want to get on your feat. I don't know.

SO if this can get some heat under it, it could be really interesting - it would blow my mind a little -- I mean I dont get it... but they got under Stevens skin more than once -- actually :unsure: it always served as a pretty decent catalyst for him... but it won't work with Tortorella if that's Brooks' s goal....and I dont understand why it would be beneficial to tear down a team you actually liked like that -- so maybe Brooks really IS a Devils fan? Or he's just bitter and hates all of hockey?

Hmeh... anyhow -- any interesting kind of so what :evil:

i want to see an on ice fight between these two. it's too amusing to not have.

Wrestlemania is in 8 days.... DO IT NHL!!!!!!!!!!!

god brooks is really getting annoying. i get it, you don't like tortorella. that doesnt mean every article he writes has to be some womanly passive aggressive jab, he's obviously trying to get as many cheap shots in on him as he can for bitching him out. and while it couldnt happen to a more deserving guy, just reading such petty "journalism" is starting to insult my intelligence(and believe me me, you have to try real hard to do that)

I remember when Brooks tried to do the same thing with Lemaire in 96 I believe, saying it's all about him, and everything he wants. He went so far to say that the Devils opening video was even centered around Lemaire and had too many highlights of him behind the bench.

yeah, i'd enjoy this normally, but brooks is just so over the top in his petty hatred. he really wants to believe he's going to be the one who gets the coach run out of town, when the fans know that it's sather who's the real problem.

Yeah, Brooks is being unprofessional, but it all so enjoyable on so many levels.

god brooks is really getting annoying. i get it, you don't like tortorella. that doesnt mean every article he writes has to be some womanly passive aggressive jab, he's obviously trying to get as many cheap shots in on him as he can for bitching him out. and while it couldnt happen to a more deserving guy, just reading such petty "journalism" is starting to insult my intelligence(and believe me me, you have to try real hard to do that)

He writes for the Post. That puts him right on the express lane to Jokeland.

Brooks and Tortorella are very much like Jon and Kate, in that it's almost impossible to tell who comes off douchier. As much as I think Tortorella is way too arrogant for someone who really isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is, if you've ever seen Brooks, just his presence has got to be annoying to a guy like Torts...Brooks is a pencil-pushing ubernerd who's probably never laced up a skate in his life, and likely was ALWAYS the last one picked when it came to sports, if he was even picked at all...Torts has got to look at this dork who writes for a second-rate tabloid and think to himself, "I have to answer to HIM?! fvck that!"

Obviously, this is Sather's fault that his team lacks competitiveness and obviously, the ownership doesn't see that.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Don't let them know this. I want Sather to get an extension.

Brooks and Tortorella are very much like Jon and Kate, in that it's almost impossible to tell who comes off douchier.

I hearby nominate this statement as "Analogy of the Day". Expertly played, sir!

Larry really is dense if he's just figuring this out now, Torts has always had a Napoleon complex.

Sather is going nowhere which is great. He's a "name" still feeding off his Oilers dynasty days of the 1980's and New York loves "names". He's been living off that era for the last 20 years.

Tortorella's newest book release:

"Mein Kampf" by John Tortorella

It should be called “Mein Krampf”