trailblazer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxpower- this isnt a court of law.

i said i will do it and i will.

there was no "fine print"

im an intelligent person, i know what a buy 1 get 1 is.

you are a fool

you're an intelligent person, but can't figure out that an "entree" does not = a seat. sure.

"buy one entree, get one free". but, because some goofball working the front incorrectly says you can have a seat, you think you're going to get a seat. as if the seat was a $75 "entree" anyway. you're not even trying to get the value of the food you ate, which would be correct, you want more.

uh huh, definately intelligent. then you come on here like a blowhard telling the story about how you're going to chargeback and stiffed the waitress (again, for the value of the coupon you were bitching about not being able to use, so the whole situation was zero-sum anyway)... etc.

I hope the waitress throws the hypothetical hundred back in your face

let's see if we can get trailblazer to eat the seat. i dunno maaaan, might be worth a free ticket to digest some nice butt plastic.

I just can't stand this stuff. I used to play poker and I've worked in restaurants since the beginning of time, alot of which in the front (which means you're the frontline of having to deal with things like this)... and the only place there's more angle shooting than in poker, is in the restaurants. everyone is entitled to something with any little "in" they can find.

it's pretty clear what defines an "entree", and the coupon is a BOGO for an "entree". whoever does the reservations gives you bad info, you don't double check the bad info, therefore you're entitled to have your check erased. uh huh. no, you're going to pay and the reservation clerk is going to get a talking to at best and a firing at worst. maybe if you're not confrontational with me (and I have a feeling this did not go particularly well), I'll eat the price of your entree. but that's working at mom and pop places. centerplate ain't a mom and pop place.

if you stiff the waitress after this fit, I wouldn't even let you back in the place.

it's like if the busboy tells you you're entitled to a free banana split with every meal, but you don't ask anyone else, and then expect a free banana split...

good luck winning the cashback claim when they find out it's a BOGO for an entree and the manager explains the $75 is a cover charge

lol, there's the restaurant influence there, using "you" to talk to someone that is not "you".

Edited by maxpower

lol lol.

Ok, I don't care enough to argue.

Translation: "I registered on this site to whine and I started this thread thinking everyone would agree with me and we could get a nice bitchfest going about those scam artists in the restaurant, but now I'm gonna be a pissy little sh!t because I've been exposed as a moron who doesn't know how to read and likes to take out his frustrations on people who can least afford it."

Go away, troll.

again, i dont care to argue with strangers.

i was more interested if anyone else had a similar experience since their were 2 complaints within 15 minutes last night regarding the same issue.

Your right, I guess I'm the moron for making a reservations and trusting the information i received was coorect.

Your right, I should have to triple checked to make sure she gave me accurate information.

If that was the case, everytime in life their is wrongdoing we should not stand up for what is right.

I'm a business man and I understand problems and misunderstandings happen.

However, we always ask to be judged on how we handle the situations and not the primary issue itelf.

For a lousy $75 the manager should have comped me the meal for the misunderstanding and called it a day.

I would have left a very satisfied customer and would return again.

Maxpower, if you worked in the restaurant business, you need me to tell you this?

AGAIN, verbatum out of the mangers mouth "we are seperate from the Devils. We have had this issue several times. We have asked the Devils to clarify the policy with season ticket holders"

Obviously, I'm not the only one.

Max, what do you do for a living?

I'm a waiter.

Let me get this straight: The Devils front office/restaurant hostess gives you incorrect information, or states it in a way that is misguiding, and then when you are found to be wrong, instead of dealing with it like an adult and blaming the correct party, you leave no tip for the waitress and scurry away from the table like a bunch of high school girls who didn't look at the prices before ordering and didn't have enough to tip?

I've been in the restaurant business for a couple of years, and the ONLY reason I'm in it is for the money. The people suck, the job sucks, the hours suck. The money is awesome. You take the money away, and nobody works in a restaurant. Nobody.

So if you think that you were justified in taking money out of the waitresses pocket (literally) for a misunderstanding, so be it. But just know that everyone in that restaurant thinks your an a**hole now. We see a lot of faces but we don't forget the bad ones. I wouldn't go back in if I were you, just giving you fair warning.

And you're gonna walk into the restaurant and give the waitress $100 when your trying to get even less than that from AMEX to put back in your pocket? Please. Do me a favor and never sit at my table. There's plenty of drive-thru's around here.

again, i dont care to argue with strangers.

... but yet you keep at it in this thread?

One thing I've learned... the longer I've been a STH the more you READ EVERYTHING THROUGHLY... it said entree, I knew entree, and frankly I paid for a seat in the place I'm gonna sit in it :P

I think stiffing the staff is poor form. You say you are a businessman and you don't know this??

The Devils are run by businessmen too.... and we've seen how they treat their loyal customers too :whistling:

Well I mean I certainly think it's misleading.. I read it the same way the thread creator did.. Guess I too will be more careful when the Devils give me stuff.. The Pru Center website was finally updated to make things more clear about sitting at the ledge or not so that's good

I was going to use my coupon tom night vs jackets

So if I understand the coupon will give you half off your entire meal for 2, provided you don't sit on the ledge?

Correct, though technically it's called buy one get one free, so if one of you gets the buffet and one gets a cheaper entree it's not truly "half off"

I've been in the restaurant business for a couple of years, and the ONLY reason I'm in it is for the money. The people suck, the job sucks, the hours suck. The money is awesome. You take the money away, and nobody works in a restaurant. Nobody.

I feel like this logic really applies for just about any group of workers. For example, I love my job, I would do it as a hobby if I couldn't professionally. But I wouldn't spend 40 hours a week programming if I couldn't make a living off of it. The tipping industry has always perplexed me, in no way do I mind paying extra but I would much rather just pay 15-20% more for the food and not have to "leave a tip based on service". The honest truth is, I could count on one hand the number of times I've gone to a restaurant and had the kind of service that "improved" the evening to a point where it was noticeable. Why you guys aren't on a fixed hourly wage system is beyond me, seems like you would avoid situations like this ie. getting stiffed on a check for something that isn't really your fault.

Edited by squishyx

Well I mean I certainly think it's misleading.. I read it the same way the thread creator did.. Guess I too will be more careful when the Devils give me stuff.. The Pru Center website was finally updated to make things more clear about sitting at the ledge or not so that's good

I really don't understand how any of you can misread the coupon, unless I'm missing something and this is another coupon (not the one that came in the mail around December), that clearly states you get one meal free with the purchase of another same-priced or more expensive meal.

If you guys can't take the time to read a couple of sentences I don't know what to tell any of you, this isn't a paragraph that got hidden on the 36th page of an 88 page document. It doesn't say you have to sit at the ledge which you have to pay additional for, it's just for a meal in the restaurant.

Edited by NJDevs26

I really don't understand how any of you can misread the coupon, unless I'm missing something and this is another coupon (not the one that came in the mail around December), that clearly states you get one meal free with the purchase of another same-priced or more expensive meal.

If you guys can't take the time to read a couple of sentences I don't know what to tell any of you, this isn't a paragraph that got hidden on the 36th page of an 88 page document. It doesn't say you have to sit at the ledge which you have to pay additional for, it's just for a meal in the restaurant.

agree

seem clear to me

At the very least I just wanted to bring it to light.

And it is clear to me that there is indeed some level of confusion regarding this.

I honestly thought my meal was $75 on the ledge and by purchasing it I would get 1 for free.

I never thought about it as I paid for a seat.

To me, the ledge is in the restaurant.

And like I said, when I called, the worker obviously thought along the same lines as myself.

Be that as it may, i am far from a deuch and wanted to bring this to people's attention.

Maybe calling it a "scam" was overboard.

With that being said, I still think I was in the right.

Regardless, either way, it ain't the end of the world.

It could be worse, we could have the government controlling healthcare in this country and 1/6 of the total economy.

Oh damn, they now will. Thanks Prez.

Enjoy the day boys.

1 more question for all the restaurant industry employees.

I need more education here.

What is the standard tip for a buffet?

My bill was $255.

we got our food ourselves.

The waitress brought us 8 diet cokes and did take away the dirty plates.

Do you still tip 20% in that spot?

That would be $50 for bringing us 8 sodas and taking a few plates.

I still would tip 20% in that situation.

I'm just wondering what protool for situations like that is.

Thanks!

Edited by trailblazer

Well, not for nothing, but I was going to be doing the same this past Saturday. In years past, there as no 'seat' charge for the ledge. I was expecting buy one meal, get another for free, simple as that. Thankfully my wife called the restaurant to clarify and we discovered the seats now cost money. Needless to say, we made other arrangements.

Well, not for nothing, but I was going to be doing the same this past Saturday. In years past, there as no 'seat' charge for the ledge. I was expecting buy one meal, get another for free, simple as that. Thankfully my wife called the restaurant to clarify and we discovered the seats now cost money. Needless to say, we made other arrangements.

Hah, they cost money last year too, it was only the first year those seats were free. I guess this promo did help the Devils get people back into the restaurant since they cleared it out once they overdid it by charging major $ for the seats after you already had to pay for a ticket to the arena.

Edited by NJDevs26

Hah, they cost money last year too, it was only the first year those seats were free. I guess this promo did help the Devils get people back into the restaurant since they cleared it out once they overdid it by charging major $ for the seats after you already had to pay for a ticket to the arena.

Crazy how I never knew about it... it's unfortunate. I guess it explains why the ledge is so empty these days.